2005 Nissan Murano

Based on 581 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

decent-but wouldn't buy again

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"My Murano looks good and is comfortable to ride in, even when traveling w/ 5 adults. To this point I have not had any major defects, but did have to install new tires after 23,000 miles (at nearly $120/tire)--due the the AWD, all 4 must be replaced at once. The quality of the vehicle is really what bothers me most. I bought the car new and am very good to my cars, and yet it seems to have many squeaks and rattles. The lumbar support has never seemed to work-at all, and the range of the power seats is limited. I came out of an Audi A4 prior to the Murano and I can tell you the AWD on the Murano is not even in the same ball park-if the reason for purchasing the Murano is for poor weather conditions, do yourself a favor and keep shopping. If you want a fairly comfortable ride and want to look good driving it, you may appreciate this car. For me, this is a leased car. Although I have owned worse cars, when it ends in 8 months I will not be going into another Murano."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

Good SUV/improvements needed

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, can grow into"

Cons: "cup holders and repair on same parts more thanonce"

"Many of the comments I read before I bought the Murano talked about the cup holder and how it wasn't functional. After 5 years of owning this SUV and loving it, it's true the cup holder is one of the worst features on the truck. It won't fit more than one mug with handles at a time and liquid spills ALL the time. More importantly, the only issue that I have experienced were issues with the ball joint and the control arm of the vehicle. For whatever reason, these parts on the SAME side and SAME wheel of the truck went bad less than 1 1/2 yr apart. Some mechanics attributed the issues to potholes, others to the mass winters and the corrosion of parts due to the salt. One state charged 2k for repairs another charged $700. At any rate, the truck is great. As someone used to driving a stick shift car it took time to get used to the weight of the truck. It is a little bulky to drive, the windshield has a low slant which obscures vision when you turn so you need to take extra caution on blind sites. However, it has great pick up and a great transmission. Also, still have not figured out what the 'S' gear is for. it revves the engine...truck has great pick up so, don't know why you'd need it. Friends who drive it, love it and it is GREAT for moving furniture, and life in general. Love this car, and highly recommend to consumers. I give it a solid 8!"

pluses and minuses

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I've had my Murano AWD SL for about a year now and I must say it handles very well (even in the snow). It has a lot of creature comforts (with a cost) and is very fun to drive. I have had some issues however, for example, The metal detailing on the interior of the car dings very easily (ex. seatbelt hitting it). I have also found that the cupholder gets stuck in the closed position very often. There is a lot of "required" maintainance, ex every 7, 000 miles it needs some sort of a tune up to maintain it's warranty. Otherwise, I've been satisfied overall with my purchase. I wouldn't say it's the most competitive as far as price of features though, recently I have been considering a Hyaundi as my next purchase... take a look and you'll see why."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"