2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 589 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Nope

By on Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pros: "Nice design"

Cons: "Constant mechanical issues"

"I would not recommend this car to anyone. I bought this car with 76k miles and am up to 136k now. The car does not have pick up, constant problems after 100k miles. I feel like I am taking the car to the mechanic every other week for a different issue. I loved it when I test drove the car but after having it for a while I can not wait to trade it in."

Murano Lemon

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Less than 108,000 miles have had the following problems and/or replaced the following items (in no particular order): 1. 3 alternators (last one ruined the wiring and the new battery) 2. 2 transmissions (actually 3 because Nissan sold a defective one and they have not reimbursed labor for THEIR defective part. 3. rear hatch shocks replaced 4. valve body assemby 5. fuel door locking assemby (dealer not fix correctly--have given up) 6. fuel pump 7. differential side seal 8. exhaust manifold 9. lower oil pan gasket 10. power steering line 11. power windows 12. air intake tube 13. oil cooler O-ring assembly 14. Outer tie rod ends"

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"