• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 560 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great car to drive, more repairs than expected

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "too many failures"

"Still a great car to drive. Power train very responsive, sturdy ride, quick handling. Several significant repairs needed for mileage, Nissan service departments not honest and less than reliable."

great condition, reliable, clean inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "handles very smoothly, accelaration powerful"

Cons: "comes in single disc player"

"great condition, very reliable, no problems that i am aware of, maintenance done regularly, inside is nice and clean!"

Good car. Not great but good.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: Began to have too many issues.

Pros: "Room, relaiblity, features."

Cons: "Mileage, cost to own/operate."

"Got one for the wife. Bought it new a base but adequately equipped S model with AWD. We owned it for 9 years and put 189K on it. We had 1 issue around 100k with the door locks failing to engage and the rear hatch not able to open from the outside. This small issue cost us $700 at the dealer. This was our first CVT car and although i was nervous about it (especially with its history) it operated flawlessly right up to the day we traded the car. The 3.5V6 was also flawless right up to the day of trade (still having the original plugs in it). Around 160K we had an inlet pipe on the muffler rust out (common for this car) and got it welded for $100. At 180K+ we started needing axel shafts and wheel bearings and decided it was time to part ways with the Murano. We liked the car but... were very dissappointed in the mileage and that it didnt last another year or two and go past 200K. Mileage on regular in mixed/mostly highway driving was 18.5-19.5MPG. Factor the dissappointing mileage, the expense of the big tires and the repairs into the price of the vehile and the financing and this was an expensive vehicle to own and operate which dissappointed us. So a good Car but not a great car."

Disappointed in the quality of this Nissan model.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Disappointed in the quality of this Nissan model. I thought buying foreign would ensure excellent quality but it's been one thing after another that needed replacement on this vehicle. I will go back to Ford and American once I sell this."

great car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I've owned this car for 11 years- minor normal repairs, rides as smoothe as it did 11 yrs ago. I love this car! I am short so its easy to get in and out of- and very roomy inside"

Near-perfect car for price/reliability/comfort.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Price/reliability/comfort is unsurpassed."

Cons: "Desire separate rear passenger heat & A/C."

"I'm 6'5" and have trouble finding cars with head & leg room. This SUV has both, even with a moonroof. I have had NO PROBLEMS with this car and will most likely be purchasing another one as it's replacement. It travels well and, as all SUVs do, offers a nice view of the road. I religiously adhere to the recommendations of a nationally-known consumer magazine, and this car has consistently been rated highly and (usually) a 'best buy.' I love the smooth CVT no-jerk transmission."

Excellent, comfortable vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"Love this car - it has its issues i.e. electrical...car doors lock by themselves, new battery every two yrs or less - check engine light comes on with nothing wrong Have not had any major issues with regular upkeep"

Growing on me

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenence"

"We purchased the 2006 Murano, and right off the bat we began having issues. First off, it is almost impossible to go to anyone but the dealer for oil changes/regular maintenance. We tried to take it to our regular mechanic but each time we ended up having to take it back in to the dealer. Watch out for the air box...if it is not put on right, your car will die in the middle of the highway. Most of the issues we've had seem to be due to the fact that the previous owners failed to keep up with maintenance. So...we've been slowly catching up. The interior is amazing, ours has multi-disc CD, a DVD player, back up camera, heated leather seats..the works! It's been great for long road trips. The exterior is smooth, and has not shown much wear. Gas mileage is touch and go, city is about 17, highway anywhere from 20-22 MPG. I don't think i'll own another Murano after this, but it has been a learning curve."

Had this 8 years, still like new.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "CV transmission"

Cons: "No volt meter, oil pressure, but 5 odometers?"

"I've had this 06 Mo 8 years. Still drives, rides and looks like it did when it came off the showroom. Can't believe the KBB price. It's worth more than twice that to me."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Great relaible driver for anyone."

Cons: "Rear blind spot."

"Wonderful car. Very pleasing style, comfortable, reliable, safe, and very good gas mileage for a vehicle of the size. The CVT transmission is simply the best. Engine is quiet and extremely well balanced. I would buy this vehicle again and recommend highly."