2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 566 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

This is MY BABY! Love it! So easy to drive

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots of cargo room."

Cons: "Intown mileage for business stop and go is 14 mpg."

"Very reliable and safe in the wintertime with most excellent control. Very trustworthy. I have wonderful heated seats. Lots of cargo space and love the folded down seats for more carrying space. The electric seats are a bonus. I am so spoiled and I bought this as a used 2005 vehicle. I plan to buy another Murano when its the right time. Thanks Nissan!!!"

Our living room on wheels!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "I think that I already covered that."

Cons: "There are a few blind spots."

"We purchased this vehicle new in 2004. We have driven Nissans for many years. Pre baby a 200 SX, then 2 Alltimas and a 99.5 Pathfinder that the "baby", who is now 34, is still driving, and has 175,000 miles on it. Our Murano was my late husband's and when we purchased it we both really loved it. MY husband passed away in 2006 and I now have 95,000 miles on our Murano. I have only changed the tires once (replaced them with the same tire) and done the brakes twice since we've owned it. My father was a mechanic and always recommended that we change the oil in our cars at 2,000 miles and absolutely no more than 3,000 miles(Regardless of all the new recommendations and new fancy synthetic oils). I have always done that, and it has stood me in good stead. We haven't had any major problems or had to do any major repairs of any kind, but I have done consistent and regular maintenance which I believe helps to keep our Murano running wonderfully as it was designed to do. I intend to drive it until Nissan replaces it with a hybrid and (despite the fact that I could afford to drive what others consider to be luxury vehicles) then I will replace it with a Hybrid as I love the way it drives, and I find it to be extremely comfortable to sit in. I have had 6 lumbar disc surgeries and I find both the front seats to be very comfortable to sit in. All in all, I love my Murano."

Best vehicle, zero problems.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"I have owned the 2007 Murano SL for 5 years, it has been the best car that I have owned. Zero problems, just regular maintenance, oil changes, brakes, wipers and a great set of tires (semperit)."

only gripe is doors don't auto lock in drive

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"only griper is doors don't auto lock in drive"

Roomy SUV, but bad design

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Inferior mechanical/design compared to Honda/Toyot"

"Had this SUV for 11 years, only drive it on the weekend. The Alternator failed after 2 years, repaired under warranty. Then the fuel pump system failed after 3 years, repaired under extended warranty. Recently the exhaust flanged rusted out and leaked due to bad design/condensation at the flange, luckily went to Meineke and they welded a piece of pipe for a cheap fix. Hopefully the transmission can hold up. Only has 56K miles. The SUV is otherwise roomy and easy to drive. Again, hope it lasts a few more years."