2004 Nissan Murano

Based on 572 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Very pleased overall.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "power, CVT, visibility, comfort"

Cons: "turning radius, gas mileage for stop /go driving"

"Plusses are power, ride comfort and visibility. Major negative is in-town gas mileage. Personal annoyance is terrible turning radius."

Handles great. Fun, Roomy, Luxury great ride.

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, comfort, dependable, great handling, fun"

Cons: "TPMS,"

"Bought used in 2012 for my teenage daughter for everyday car. Purchased with 71,000 miles. Very reliable, very good overall car to have. Fully loaded with a moon roof so its fun to drive around. 18" tires make for a comfortable ride. Handles great, tight steering. Lots of room, cargo space. Excellent craftsmanship. Full of Luxury, heated seats, power everything. Only problem has been the tire pressure monitoring system acting up. I've repeatedly taken to dealer and replaced the stem kits. So far, has been a great used car purchase. Great buy. Thinking of buying new Murano for wife."

Best Vehicle Ever!!!

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable comfortable roomy"

Cons: "8 years and haven't found any cons yet"

"This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. The comfort level is the best. It is extremely roomy for traveling or when you need to haul large items. The ride is exceptional. Handles great in snowy winter weather. 100,000 miles and no repairs yet. Makes me a little sad to think it may be getting close to trading time."

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pros: "Design,quality features,dynamic reliable performance"

Cons: "Poor Gas mileage,windshield Target, low clearance"

"Have had vehicles by Volkswagon,Mercedes,Volvo,Subaru and Lexus and while they were very good vehicles and in some cases had more refined elements for the money the Nissan Murano is a much better value and for a crossover has much more comfort,performance and reliability.The cost of basic maintenance has been very reasonable as well compared to "higher end" vehicles I have owned."

Love this car

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride."

Cons: "Hard to get 3 car seats in back"

"I love this car. It is so reliable and drives like a dream. Even drives well in the snow. Thinking about trading it in but really enjoyed owning this car."

The best vehicle I ever owned

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and dependable and good looking."

"I just love my Murano but it'll be a time I have to trade for a newer Murano again. I take a good care of my car and the maintenance is a must. If you take a good care of your car, the car will take a good care of you too. My Murano is so dependable and I hate to let my Murano go but I may have to one day for the long lasting reason. Who ever get my Murano, you are lucky person."

This is MY BABY! Love it! So easy to drive

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots of cargo room."

Cons: "Intown mileage for business stop and go is 14 mpg."

"Very reliable and safe in the wintertime with most excellent control. Very trustworthy. I have wonderful heated seats. Lots of cargo space and love the folded down seats for more carrying space. The electric seats are a bonus. I am so spoiled and I bought this as a used 2005 vehicle. I plan to buy another Murano when its the right time. Thanks Nissan!!!"

Our living room on wheels!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "I think that I already covered that."

Cons: "There are a few blind spots."

"We purchased this vehicle new in 2004. We have driven Nissans for many years. Pre baby a 200 SX, then 2 Alltimas and a 99.5 Pathfinder that the "baby", who is now 34, is still driving, and has 175,000 miles on it. Our Murano was my late husband's and when we purchased it we both really loved it. MY husband passed away in 2006 and I now have 95,000 miles on our Murano. I have only changed the tires once (replaced them with the same tire) and done the brakes twice since we've owned it. My father was a mechanic and always recommended that we change the oil in our cars at 2,000 miles and absolutely no more than 3,000 miles(Regardless of all the new recommendations and new fancy synthetic oils). I have always done that, and it has stood me in good stead. We haven't had any major problems or had to do any major repairs of any kind, but I have done consistent and regular maintenance which I believe helps to keep our Murano running wonderfully as it was designed to do. I intend to drive it until Nissan replaces it with a hybrid and (despite the fact that I could afford to drive what others consider to be luxury vehicles) then I will replace it with a Hybrid as I love the way it drives, and I find it to be extremely comfortable to sit in. I have had 6 lumbar disc surgeries and I find both the front seats to be very comfortable to sit in. All in all, I love my Murano."

Best vehicle, zero problems.

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"I have owned the 2007 Murano SL for 5 years, it has been the best car that I have owned. Zero problems, just regular maintenance, oil changes, brakes, wipers and a great set of tires (semperit)."

only gripe is doors don't auto lock in drive

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"only griper is doors don't auto lock in drive"

Roomy SUV, but bad design

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Inferior mechanical/design compared to Honda/Toyot"

"Had this SUV for 11 years, only drive it on the weekend. The Alternator failed after 2 years, repaired under warranty. Then the fuel pump system failed after 3 years, repaired under extended warranty. Recently the exhaust flanged rusted out and leaked due to bad design/condensation at the flange, luckily went to Meineke and they welded a piece of pipe for a cheap fix. Hopefully the transmission can hold up. Only has 56K miles. The SUV is otherwise roomy and easy to drive. Again, hope it lasts a few more years."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, quick, decent miliage for the size"

"I've owned this car for about five years and use it mainly as a road car for trips. I average around 22 mpg mostlyr rural but can get 24 mpg on the interstate. Great ride, all around good engine performance, and the CVT is great. Very comfortable. I have the AWD which works fine but is not great compared to my 4WD truck. Seats five very comfortably. I'm glad they didn't try and stick a third in like some others. I would definitely buy another."

Great car to drive, more repairs than expected

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "too many failures"

"Still a great car to drive. Power train very responsive, sturdy ride, quick handling. Several significant repairs needed for mileage, Nissan service departments not honest and less than reliable."

great condition, reliable, clean inside and out

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "handles very smoothly, accelaration powerful"

Cons: "comes in single disc player"

"great condition, very reliable, no problems that i am aware of, maintenance done regularly, inside is nice and clean!"

Good car. Not great but good.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: Began to have too many issues.

Pros: "Room, relaiblity, features."

Cons: "Mileage, cost to own/operate."

"Got one for the wife. Bought it new a base but adequately equipped S model with AWD. We owned it for 9 years and put 189K on it. We had 1 issue around 100k with the door locks failing to engage and the rear hatch not able to open from the outside. This small issue cost us $700 at the dealer. This was our first CVT car and although i was nervous about it (especially with its history) it operated flawlessly right up to the day we traded the car. The 3.5V6 was also flawless right up to the day of trade (still having the original plugs in it). Around 160K we had an inlet pipe on the muffler rust out (common for this car) and got it welded for $100. At 180K+ we started needing axel shafts and wheel bearings and decided it was time to part ways with the Murano. We liked the car but... were very dissappointed in the mileage and that it didnt last another year or two and go past 200K. Mileage on regular in mixed/mostly highway driving was 18.5-19.5MPG. Factor the dissappointing mileage, the expense of the big tires and the repairs into the price of the vehile and the financing and this was an expensive vehicle to own and operate which dissappointed us. So a good Car but not a great car."

Disappointed in the quality of this Nissan model.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Disappointed in the quality of this Nissan model. I thought buying foreign would ensure excellent quality but it's been one thing after another that needed replacement on this vehicle. I will go back to Ford and American once I sell this."

great car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I've owned this car for 11 years- minor normal repairs, rides as smoothe as it did 11 yrs ago. I love this car! I am short so its easy to get in and out of- and very roomy inside"

Near-perfect car for price/reliability/comfort.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Price/reliability/comfort is unsurpassed."

Cons: "Desire separate rear passenger heat & A/C."

"I'm 6'5" and have trouble finding cars with head & leg room. This SUV has both, even with a moonroof. I have had NO PROBLEMS with this car and will most likely be purchasing another one as it's replacement. It travels well and, as all SUVs do, offers a nice view of the road. I religiously adhere to the recommendations of a nationally-known consumer magazine, and this car has consistently been rated highly and (usually) a 'best buy.' I love the smooth CVT no-jerk transmission."

Excellent, comfortable vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"Love this car - it has its issues i.e. electrical...car doors lock by themselves, new battery every two yrs or less - check engine light comes on with nothing wrong Have not had any major issues with regular upkeep"

Growing on me

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenence"

"We purchased the 2006 Murano, and right off the bat we began having issues. First off, it is almost impossible to go to anyone but the dealer for oil changes/regular maintenance. We tried to take it to our regular mechanic but each time we ended up having to take it back in to the dealer. Watch out for the air box...if it is not put on right, your car will die in the middle of the highway. Most of the issues we've had seem to be due to the fact that the previous owners failed to keep up with maintenance. So...we've been slowly catching up. The interior is amazing, ours has multi-disc CD, a DVD player, back up camera, heated leather seats..the works! It's been great for long road trips. The exterior is smooth, and has not shown much wear. Gas mileage is touch and go, city is about 17, highway anywhere from 20-22 MPG. I don't think i'll own another Murano after this, but it has been a learning curve."

Had this 8 years, still like new.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "CV transmission"

Cons: "No volt meter, oil pressure, but 5 odometers?"

"I've had this 06 Mo 8 years. Still drives, rides and looks like it did when it came off the showroom. Can't believe the KBB price. It's worth more than twice that to me."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Great relaible driver for anyone."

Cons: "Rear blind spot."

"Wonderful car. Very pleasing style, comfortable, reliable, safe, and very good gas mileage for a vehicle of the size. The CVT transmission is simply the best. Engine is quiet and extremely well balanced. I would buy this vehicle again and recommend highly."

best vehicle ever.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"this is the best and safest car ever."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"