2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 589 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

150K in 3 years

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Bought used with 6K miles in Summer 06, since then have put 144,000 with nothing but tires, brakes, battery, and one power seat motor covered under 100K warranty. Burns no oil between 5K changes, and gets 23. mpg overall mileage (mostly hwy). At 80 mph between San Diego and PHX - 20 mpg. My third Nissan after 2 trucks, and I like the value. Thinking about a new Acura MDX in Sept. though."

Love my murano

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I bought my murano in october 2007 and i absolutely love it!! It is so spacious and rides so comfortable. I love all of the features it offers...for example the radio controls on the steering wheel, the dual powered seats and the reverse camera. The cargo room is large enough to carry large items and still have plenty of leg room in the back seat. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a midsize SUV."

Very Pleased

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"Wonder vehicle. My wife and I both love this SUV. I am a BIG Guy 6' and 275 lbs. and this vehicle makes it very easy for me to get in and out. Excellant to drive with all the options available, large passanger seats that recline and plenty of leg room. With even larger brothers they are very comfortable in rear seat. Highly recommend this vehicle and decent fuel millage, 20 city 25 highway on average."

Stylish, fun to drive, takes 10 yrs off your age!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"Two wishes... automatic trunk release/close, A/C vents point to center of vehicle and not on driver. Otherwise, I LOVE IT. I have the Sunlit Copper and you never loose it in a parking lot."

I LUV my SUV!

By on Monday, December 24, 2007

"I've owned my Murano for over three years now. It is the finest vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned several. It is a great combination of touring sedan and utility vehicle and I recommend it highly to potential buyers."

Best value and comfort SUV

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"smooth ride, good capacity, tons of leg room both in the front and back seats."

a great powerful suv

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"the power and performance for an suv is amazing.. sometimes a little noisy but overall is a very reliable, stylish and flashy car."

Real Great Ride 07 SL

By on Monday, December 17, 2007

"Snazzy looking, handling is great..Powerful and snappy...Bose is super...One of the best cars I ever had...Gas mileage could be better...But a real head turner...."

WOULD buy another Murano

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I have converted over the years from Honda to Toyota to Nissan and I am definitely a fan of Nissan. I drove an Altima before and really liked it, I just needed a more roomy vehicle. I did not think that I was going to find anything that I liked better than the Altima, and I did. I REALLY like my Murano, like no other vehicle that I have owned. Most likely, I will buy another Murano. This particular vehicle is Stylish, roomy and rides smooth. I would highly recommend a Murano to anyone. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. If you need more convincing, go test drive one."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Friday, December 7, 2007

"This is my first SUV. Except for the gas prices, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car! It's very comfortable and stylish! Everyone always comments on it!"

Better than Lexus

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I had a 2002 which had 44,000 miles on it when I traded for a 2006 which now has 25,000 miles. I have been very satisfied with both models. The fuel mileage is very good (well over 20 MPG oveerall) which I attribute to the CVT transmission. Very comfortable on long trips, good power. Both were AWD."

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Great SUV.I only wish it had a little more power.I've had many Nissan products (4 Z sport cars,2 pathfinders) and find them all to be a good value and well made."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"This was my first brand new vehicle and I absolutely cannot say enough awesome comments about it! Everything from the Bose sound system (with Sirius of course!) to the quickness of the handling, to the quietness of the cabin. The styling is unmatched, although I see many other manufacturers are trying to copy the sleekness and modernism of this vehicle. You won't be sorry about this purchase...I have literally been stopped on the street(s) by numerous people inquiring about the Murano and I know for a fact that three of them purchased the same vehicle! These are absolutely amazing!"

first import

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Im a 58 year old blue collar. All ways bought american. 04 trail blazer tranny went. This suv is quite, smooth, and a 21 gallon fuel tank. First import ever. Test drove Lexus but got mirano for 9,000 less and a lot more equipment, rear camera heated leather real happy"

Wiper need redesign

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"Overall vehicle excellent, one problem is the design of the windshield wipers. They are buried under the rear portion of the hood. It is impossible to clear the snow from under the wipers causing major sight problems in a snow storm. The wiper drag the snow from underneath the wiper to the windshield, which in turn causes freezing and streaking of the windshield. The wipers should tilt up out if location, so the snow beneath can be cleared. Major safety hazzard in a snow storm."

Best Vehicle Purchase

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"This is the best vehicle purchase I ever made. After a year of researching, I finally purchased a 2005 Nissan Murano fully loaded. I was recently hit by a speeder on the driver's side of my vehicle. The drive side airbags saved me from serious injury. The fireman and paramedics were absolutely amazed that I was able to walk out of the vehicle with minor injuries based on the impact the vehicle took. My next vehicle will defintely be a Murano."

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATING

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"GREAT STYLING, HOWEVER, LEATHER SEATS ARE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND FRUSTRATING. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN FABRIC SEATS INSTEAD BUT THERE WERE NOT MANY 2006 MODELS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. I ALSO WISHED VEHICLE HAD TELESCOPIC STEERING WHEEL. I WILL BE TRADING-IN VEHICLE FOR SOMETHING ELSE."

the best

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I was shopping for an suv that did not have three rows of seats and stumbled on this car, and have never looked back. I will trade it for a newer model this fall. I have never had to do any repairs on it at all, just the routine maintenance which I did not feel was overwhelming like a previous review I read. I live in New England with alot of snow and bad weather and it has been a trooper thru it all !! Navigates thru 12 inches of snow with no problem at all. Love the transmission, too. The only problem I had with this car was getting a speeding warning by the police the first week...Its fast and smooth."

By on Saturday, March 31, 2007

"Great car. Love the ride, handles well in the wind and rain. Big enough for the dogs."

absolutely the best car i've owned.

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cons: "gas mileage could be better. averages about 20."

"Nice ride. Love the huge back seat. Excellent reliability"

No doubt one of the 2 best cars I have owned.

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "CVT, Driver position, handling, rearseat room"

Cons: "Windnoise, wipers tend to chatter in light rain."

"132000 miles. Replace rear hatch lock twice. Replace driver seat frame. Replace 3 sensors. All under warranty. Replace AC condenser $700 replace crank & camshaft sensors $600 not under warranty. On the third set of tires & second set of brakes. Normal maintenance. Love the CVT tranny, ride comfort & overall performance. Caution-the front end gets a little light a 120+ (don't ask how I know this) Gets just under 22MPG regardless of conditions. I have a 2WD model. In retrospect I would order the AWD since I live in a snowy environment."

Comfortable, reliable, BEAUTIFUL!!!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING IS GREAT WELL MADE VEHICLE!!!"

Cons: "NO CONS!!!!"

My "new to me baby" (purchased my 06 in 2011)

"I traded in my "beloved" PT cruiser for this lil beauty NOT SORRY I LOVE MY MURANO- What a great car!!!! I love it!! Comfortable for everyone- LOVE THE HEATED SEATS!!!!"

My "new to me baby" (purchased my 06 in 2011)

Simply a great, comfortable car

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Definitely fun and comfy to drive"

Cons: "Back side windows reduce visibility"

"Have the 2005 Murano for 3 years now. The most important part about the Murano is the leg and head room. My husband and I are tall - the front seats offer plenty of room but the great thing about it is that there is still room for the back seats even if we push the front seats all the way back. We were frustrated with other cars where we had to pull up for the people in the back seats. Not this Murano. Second thing I love about this Murano is the ease of loading and unloading groceries, etc. Not sure why the change, but I noticed the newer models of Murano have lower MPG while mine (2005) goes for 22 mpg on average. The back side windows do reduce visibility on the road so one would have to double check for vehicles especially motorcycles."

Love my Murano

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"No issues other than passenger door lock sticks and tailgate lock sticks. Will get them fixed eventually. Owned since 2003 brought new. Bought a 2011 for spouse and we have pair. New one has all bells and whistles but old one still nice and roomy with the captain chair effect in the front seating. Plenty of leg room in the back."

i love my murrano

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy"

Cons: "a little loud, not the best mileage"

"Bought this car new in 07. Have put 125k mostly highway miles on it since then. It is the best commuting car I have ever owned, for the price! The only downfall is the mileage. I only get about 22-23 (24 if no traffic). I have only put regular gas in it, never the premium. I wish they would make a newer one with better mileage!"