2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 586 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pros: "Really fun to drive."

"This Murano handles all road conditions ( Snow & Slush ) so well, just hugs the road. Great get up and go. Roomy for even the back passengers, lot's of leg rooms. The back seats even lay down for comfort. Has been the best car that I've ever purchased."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

Disappointed in Arizona

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"The car has the look and feel of a true luxury SUV, however, it does not hold up well under use. I am so glad I took out the extra policy to cover major problems or it would be sitting in my driveway. I've had mine for approx. 5 years and have had a lot of problems. Drive door glass rattles (dealership never could fix), transmission went out (had supplemental insurance coverage), CD jammed and had to be replaced by BOSE, driver side visor is broken (not covered by dealership), front chrome grille bubbled (had to pay to replace), headlights fogged up after several years (expense was not covered), they been re-done several times and still look awful. The big ticket item (transmission) was covered but I've still been out a lot of expense on this vehicle and it's only 5 years old!"

Murano Lemon

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Less than 108,000 miles have had the following problems and/or replaced the following items (in no particular order): 1. 3 alternators (last one ruined the wiring and the new battery) 2. 2 transmissions (actually 3 because Nissan sold a defective one and they have not reimbursed labor for THEIR defective part. 3. rear hatch shocks replaced 4. valve body assemby 5. fuel door locking assemby (dealer not fix correctly--have given up) 6. fuel pump 7. differential side seal 8. exhaust manifold 9. lower oil pan gasket 10. power steering line 11. power windows 12. air intake tube 13. oil cooler O-ring assembly 14. Outer tie rod ends"

pluses and minuses

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I've had my Murano AWD SL for about a year now and I must say it handles very well (even in the snow). It has a lot of creature comforts (with a cost) and is very fun to drive. I have had some issues however, for example, The metal detailing on the interior of the car dings very easily (ex. seatbelt hitting it). I have also found that the cupholder gets stuck in the closed position very often. There is a lot of "required" maintainance, ex every 7, 000 miles it needs some sort of a tune up to maintain it's warranty. Otherwise, I've been satisfied overall with my purchase. I wouldn't say it's the most competitive as far as price of features though, recently I have been considering a Hyaundi as my next purchase... take a look and you'll see why."

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"CD player quit working at 60K miles. Radio can only be replaced with a factory radio....well that cost $1,900. Everything is tied to the radio. Went to have the car lined up and local shops could not do it. Must be done at the Nissan dealership. Nissan has found all the ways to get you to spend more money with them."

Money Pit

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Bought from Nissan dealer with 63,000 miles. At 65,000 it needed a new CVT transmission for $7,000. Nissan corporate acknowledged known prblem but buyer beware, Murano's useful life ends around 65,000 miles. Just read Nissan Forums and other owner problems with the 2003 Murano. Either pass by this vehicle or get warranty with purchase."

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"

Some problems-But still love it!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I have a 2005 with 65K. Everytime I look at it I cannot believe I own it! BUT I have had some issues. A CD is in my player and will not eject. I was advised at the dealership there was nothing they could do other than put in a new system ($1K)! SO I do not have a working CD player. I have issues with the doors locking/unlocking. Never fails I leave the grocery store with 30 bags and my hatch will not open! It is now to the point that my passenger front door only locks manually and on occasions the only door that unlocks is the rear drivers! Plus there is no way to open with a key. Very frustrating! And the tires!! You need an additional loan when they need to be replaced so beware. Otherwise it looks and drives so nice! Not sure if I would purchase again just because of cost/maintenance and I have limited funds. If $ was no option I would definetly buy again. Really nice ride. I love the big comfy seats in the front! And the way it looks on the outside."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."