• 2014 Compact SUVs

2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 552 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

We have really enjoyed this vehicle

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "goog on slick roads"

Cons: "not that great of gas mileage"

"Great handling and good traction on snow"

Best car I ever had.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Best car I ever had."

Cons: "Expensive parts."

"Best car I ever had."

This car has been very reliable. It is a great ca

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "great car, great price"

Cons: "floor pads wear out if wearing heels."

"this is a great car. very little maintenance needed, rides well, reliable, seats family comfortably, would buy another."

Rattle trap that leaks oil

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Unreliable, lots of rattles"

"I bought this car used with a Nissan "Certified" warranty. I have had to replace motor mounts, shocks and deal with various oil leaks all before hitting 70k miles. The brakes make a horrible squealing sound which Nissan knows about and has refused to fix (Design defect). After new pads and rotors, the sound goes away for about 2k miles then comes right back. Also, everything rattles - rear hatch, windows dash, etc... What a $40,000 piece of junk!"

I love it and suggest you buy one. But..

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Great responsiveness."

Cons: "Driver Seat, Rear Wiper replacement, Headlights"

"There are 3 things that are not good about this car. If you know it up front you will love having the car, if not it may drive you insane. 1. You(Yes I mean even you "skilled" do-it-yourself-ers)CANNOT change the rear windshield wiper blade without taking it to the Nissan dealer, you will break it and it will cost $600 to fix. 2. The driver seat will break on the back left side of the frame over time, google it. Nissan is a pain in the about it if you try to get them to pay, $100 bucks to have it taken out and welded solved the problem for me. 3. The headlight light bulbs are kind of a pain to change out, but you can prob. do it. Other than that it is safe, comfortable, a great deal(properly researched), and I am going to get a new one in a few years if they have improved the miles per gallon. Count on 18 to 21 MPG average."

I love this car

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I wish that Nissan hadn't redesigned it in '08. The headroom, legroom, features, comfort are great."

Love Murano since day 1 in 2003

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, runs great, looks beautiful, luxuriois"

"When they first came out, I said I wanted one of those space cars! I bought a 2007 Murano last year in 2011. I prefer the body style of 2003-2007. Great size, comfortable seating and great CVT transmission. I had not idea about CVT until I bought one. I have the SL, so we have the leather, Bose system, back up camera, sun roof and such. Although it wasn't new, runs like its new and no problems what so ever. I highly recommend this car. Seats 5 and wonderful ride. :)"

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"Wonderful"

Awesome SUV.

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, smooth ride. looks beautiful."

Cons: "bad resale value."

"We love this Murano. Original owner of this SUV for almost 6yrs now, never have any problem so far. It drives very smooth, looks beautiful. love everything about this SUV except the resale value."

Great vehicle but not perfect

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "power train reliable, looks and drives great"

Cons: "suspension in back, and noises"

"I had the 04 murano for about 5 years now and there are two things that are annoying. When driven at speeds over 40 mph's the car makes a noise similar to a bowling ball being rolled down a hallway (the faster I go the louder the noise), and the other problem is the comfort in the back seats. The seats recline which is very good but when you hit a pothole the passengers in the backseat feel the pothole a little more than they do in most vehicles. Besides that I never had a problem with my murano, great buy and I don't regret it."

Worst Vehicle Ive ever Owned

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Smooth Ride and Handles Great"

Cons: "Expensive, Breaks Down Constantly"

"Ive had the same problem with the car for the past year and it has been to 5 different garages for the same problem multiple times at least 3-4 times at each and not one garage can seem to fix the problem even at 2 different dealerships. Two garages said it was the transfer case, replaced that three times in the past year and it still has the same problem. Biggest waste of money. I will never buy a Murano or even a Nissan again."

Most comfortable and enjoyable car I have owned

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, safe, good milege, fast"

Cons: "expensive but worth it-"

"I have 255000 miles on my 2003 Murano plus 8 years of idling for 2 -3 hours per day 5 days per week while working. I have had normal things to replace and repair- AC, Cylinder Gasket, cooling Fan, Batteries and motor mounts- but this car is a beast- It is heavy but still gets great mileage. I use it for Sales- so I drive 3-4K miles per month. Equivalent milege is around 375,000 due to the extensive idling and its still going strong. Only had to do the brakes once. Bose stereo rocks. Driver seat broke and Nissan did not cover it on recall-"

Not as happy as I'd like to be

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Great style with lots of room, love the AWD"

Cons: "unreliability"

"I have a 2007 Murano sport. I love the AWD. However, I only had about 20k miles on it and the air conditioner went out and had to be replaced. It use to run very smooth and quiet but over the last 30k miles it has become noisy and not as smooth. I have 2 friends who have had their transmissions go out on their Nissan around 90k miles. Now I'm worried since it is no longer covered under warranty. I don't like feeling like it might break down on me so I think I may sell it."

Love this Car

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, smooth ride, premium sound"

Cons: "No automatic back door open/close feature"

"I purchased this vehicle brand new, and nearly 6 years later, I still love driving and owning it. It's extremely comfortable, and drives smoothly and quietly. The only thing I wished it had was an automatic back door open/close feature, because the back door can sometimes be heavy to lift and close. The newer models have that feature. Other than that, I love everything about the car. There have been minimal issues over the years. It is most definitely a quality luxury vehicle."

KEY PHOB

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "ALL OF IT!! GREAT MILEAGE, SPORTY, FUN,TONSOFSPACE"

Cons: "key phob dosent always work"

"The only problem i had in a 3 year period was my key phob not working during the wintertime or cold months. I changed the bateries and it still didnt wok"

First foreign Car we ever owned,Best car owned.

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Runs like new, everything works. Has 20" chrome wheels, like new and mechanically in tip-top condition. Service records available. Will probably buy another new Murano, Rogue or Juke. First foreign car we ever bought and we have been satisfied immensely. Kept it this long because we couldn't find another car we liked as much."

Simply a great, comfortable car

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Definitely fun and comfy to drive"

Cons: "Back side windows reduce visibility"

"Have the 2005 Murano for 3 years now. The most important part about the Murano is the leg and head room. My husband and I are tall - the front seats offer plenty of room but the great thing about it is that there is still room for the back seats even if we push the front seats all the way back. We were frustrated with other cars where we had to pull up for the people in the back seats. Not this Murano. Second thing I love about this Murano is the ease of loading and unloading groceries, etc. Not sure why the change, but I noticed the newer models of Murano have lower MPG while mine (2005) goes for 22 mpg on average. The back side windows do reduce visibility on the road so one would have to double check for vehicles especially motorcycles."

Love my Murano

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"No issues other than passenger door lock sticks and tailgate lock sticks. Will get them fixed eventually. Owned since 2003 brought new. Bought a 2011 for spouse and we have pair. New one has all bells and whistles but old one still nice and roomy with the captain chair effect in the front seating. Plenty of leg room in the back."

Nice design, bad quality, worst customer service

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, pleasure to eye"

Cons: "Bad build quality, very bad service"

"Summary - nice car, convenient and fun to drive. Bad build quality and service. I own 2006 Nissan Murano since brand new. Things keep breaking, which might be not as big of a deal as how Nissan is handling this. 1. Battery - replacing *every ~18 months*. No charge, but given up and bought one on my own to avoid getting caught with dead battery in a middle of a trip. Nissan does not admit to any problems. 2. Driver visor - replaced twice under warranty until 3 year warranty expried. Still doesn't stay in place. 3. Power steering hose - went off right after warranty. Saw LOTS of people complaining about same issue. Nissan wouldn't admit to manufacturing problem. $500 4. Passenger side inner CV axle boot leaking grease. LOTS of people complaining about this very boot. Nissan wouldn't admit this is a problem. $300 for a single boot."

Fun little baby SUV but has it quirks

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "roomy, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "repairs expensive, not user friendly AT ALL!"

"This is a sturdy, dependable, roomy, comfortable ride with just a few minor quirks. That is, as long as you don't have to do any maintenance. Convenience is not a word I would associate with this vehicle. You can not even change a light bulb. Ya gotta take it to the dealer. $35 bucks to change a $2 bulb. But at least you could change it. The entire rear wiper assembly ($120) had to be changed out because the wiper blade wore out. After the second one wore out I just quit using the feature. Lots of leaks, some of them I just learned to live with."

did its job

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

"Overall great car. Too bad suspension and stearing components were not built to handle the weight of the car."

Japan made a Murano

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Late models do not have iphone, ipad cap"

Cons: "Good quality, Made in Japan"

"I love this car, drives like a racing car, good quality, reliable and a good value for such unique design."

Not Happy

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

"I have had to put a lot of money into it repairing and replacing things that didnt last. The customer service through Nissan was HORRIBLE! I bought my car brand new and would NEVER buy another Nissan based on my expierence. I just had to replace a major part in my vehicle that is a common issue with all Muranos yet Nissan refuses to issue a recall or help pay for the part. Just all around not happy. The car looks great and offers a lot of space inside but thats about all."

Fun, Feature-packed, reliable car

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, reliable, excellent quality"

Cons: "Repairs more expensive - parts only at dealers"

"Fell in love with style and handling from day 1. After 135k miles, this vehicle still handles well, gets good mileage for a 6-cyl cross-over (22 mpg), and has cost me less than $1,200 in total repairs over 6 years, not including routine maintenance. Reliablility and Quality are outstanding. Cons: be advised that everything on this model year is proprietary. Only major repair was on one CV joint and boot. Normally a $200-275 repair, but the parts were only available from the dealership. Just the CV joint alone is over $600 on this model! I ended up rebuilding the joint and walking out with a $400 repair bill. Even a fuel-injector flush requires a special tool only available at the dealer to "reset the computer ($75).""

Nice ride not what i expected in nissan

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Although i have 150000 miles I have kept the maintenence up which i find very pricey HAVE REPLACED AND NOT LIMITED TO Cat converter ex manifolds pas side wheel bearings hub now trans going Last year had car serviced bill was OVER 3000.00"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25