• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 558 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

Very comfortable family road car.

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Good driver, comfortable, safe vehicle, saves tire"

Cons: "21 mpg and awkward navigation."

"The SL AWD is a good bad weather car, great handling, very good power and a highway cruiser. Good seating and luggage space. Navigation is old school but works well. Economy is ~21mpg highway and 19-20 city stop and go. With air bags all around it is as safe as it gets. Backup camera and great brakes makes it even better. Body black paint is good but should be garaged to prevent clear coat separation. At 72,000 miles mine is still very strong and a good ride."

This car has never given me any problems.

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "for the price, none"

"I am very impressed with how well this car has held up. Aside from having to replace the battery, it has been very reliable with only regular maintenance performed on it."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "reliablity, size of cabin, excellent seat position"

Cons: "gas mileage, noise, some plastic parts"

"I bought it new in 2004 and have kept up the maintenance the last 10 years. It is very reliable. I am looking forward to another and increased gas mileage (only caveat) The style and reliability are amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who wants luxury and the ability to move just about anything. I hope the new one has Bose speakers."

Awesome car, Rocket on rails

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Handeling, Constant power, Great brakes"

Cons: "Heating and airconditioning is a little weak"

"I have owned the 2004 Nissan Murrano for 2 years and it is a dynamo. Great ride, Handling of a sports car with the comfort of a family car. Large cargo area. It is my wifes car and I drive it every chance I get. We bought this car due to another vehicle requiring a massive expensive repair and bought on the fly. I was leery of the CVT transmission but it turns out to be really awesome. Power on takeoff remains constant. You do not feel the gears shift. It is truely an exillerating car to drive."

Great Machine

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks good, feels very safe."

Cons: "Oil Dipstick, Ugly instrument cluster,"

"I bought this new in 2007. Very low maint so far. Only complaint engine/drivetrain is the oil dipstick. I feel like I am on candid camera trying to read it. It never reads on the mark, even after oil changes. We love the driveability and stability. Been on many trips. I would definately purchase another Murano. It feels very safe which makes me feel good to have my wife and daughter commute in."

Spitting engine pieces

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks pretty"

Cons: "To many problems , not nornal wear and tear"

"Had the car for a year with regular oil changes. Last oil change end of May 2013. Waiting on tires to come in with the dealership to do the next oil change. The day the tires came in the engine locked. Dealership said it "spit out engine parts"...Really!!!! $8000 for a new engine $5700 for a used with 93K miles. Independent mechanic looked at the vechicle and the same thing happened...engine parts breaking off. He said this is definetly a manufactuing problem of course NISSAN (corporate) doesn't care. I still owe $6500. I wish I had known this before I purchased the $30K+ 2013 Altima last year, I'm afraid of what I have to look forward to on this one. I should have gone with the Passat :-(. I guess it's not to late."

Love my Murano!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"A perfect crossover SUV. Comfortable ride. Good gas mileage, 21-24 mpg highway, 14-17 city. No blind spots. Great body style. I estimate average maintenance cost at 1500.00 every 5 years. Love the body style and profile. Tires are wider, giving it a heftier stance and balance. Cruise control is spot on. As with any car, regular oil changes are a must!"

great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reason: need of truck

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "no cons"

"all around great car. Never had 1 problem with it and great on gas."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

See if you qualify for