• 2014 Compact SUVs

2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 552 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Had this 8 years, still like new.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "CV transmission"

Cons: "No volt meter, oil pressure, but 5 odometers?"

"I've had this 06 Mo 8 years. Still drives, rides and looks like it did when it came off the showroom. Can't believe the KBB price. It's worth more than twice that to me."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Great relaible driver for anyone."

Cons: "Rear blind spot."

"Wonderful car. Very pleasing style, comfortable, reliable, safe, and very good gas mileage for a vehicle of the size. The CVT transmission is simply the best. Engine is quiet and extremely well balanced. I would buy this vehicle again and recommend highly."

best vehicle ever.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"this is the best and safest car ever."

Very good, reliable vehicle.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Uses regular grade gasoline. Carrying capacity."

Cons: "Small steering wheel."

"This has been one of my better cars to own and drive. Average 22 mpg, and can carry more gear than my wife's ML320. The handling is excellent and it uses regular grade gasoline. Driving in snow is no problem either."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"

Very comfortable family road car.

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Good driver, comfortable, safe vehicle, saves tire"

Cons: "21 mpg and awkward navigation."

"The SL AWD is a good bad weather car, great handling, very good power and a highway cruiser. Good seating and luggage space. Navigation is old school but works well. Economy is ~21mpg highway and 19-20 city stop and go. With air bags all around it is as safe as it gets. Backup camera and great brakes makes it even better. Body black paint is good but should be garaged to prevent clear coat separation. At 72,000 miles mine is still very strong and a good ride."

This car has never given me any problems.

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "for the price, none"

"I am very impressed with how well this car has held up. Aside from having to replace the battery, it has been very reliable with only regular maintenance performed on it."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "reliablity, size of cabin, excellent seat position"

Cons: "gas mileage, noise, some plastic parts"

"I bought it new in 2004 and have kept up the maintenance the last 10 years. It is very reliable. I am looking forward to another and increased gas mileage (only caveat) The style and reliability are amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who wants luxury and the ability to move just about anything. I hope the new one has Bose speakers."

Awesome car, Rocket on rails

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Handeling, Constant power, Great brakes"

Cons: "Heating and airconditioning is a little weak"

"I have owned the 2004 Nissan Murrano for 2 years and it is a dynamo. Great ride, Handling of a sports car with the comfort of a family car. Large cargo area. It is my wifes car and I drive it every chance I get. We bought this car due to another vehicle requiring a massive expensive repair and bought on the fly. I was leery of the CVT transmission but it turns out to be really awesome. Power on takeoff remains constant. You do not feel the gears shift. It is truely an exillerating car to drive."

Great Machine

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks good, feels very safe."

Cons: "Oil Dipstick, Ugly instrument cluster,"

"I bought this new in 2007. Very low maint so far. Only complaint engine/drivetrain is the oil dipstick. I feel like I am on candid camera trying to read it. It never reads on the mark, even after oil changes. We love the driveability and stability. Been on many trips. I would definately purchase another Murano. It feels very safe which makes me feel good to have my wife and daughter commute in."

Spitting engine pieces

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks pretty"

Cons: "To many problems , not nornal wear and tear"

"Had the car for a year with regular oil changes. Last oil change end of May 2013. Waiting on tires to come in with the dealership to do the next oil change. The day the tires came in the engine locked. Dealership said it "spit out engine parts"...Really!!!! $8000 for a new engine $5700 for a used with 93K miles. Independent mechanic looked at the vechicle and the same thing happened...engine parts breaking off. He said this is definetly a manufactuing problem of course NISSAN (corporate) doesn't care. I still owe $6500. I wish I had known this before I purchased the $30K+ 2013 Altima last year, I'm afraid of what I have to look forward to on this one. I should have gone with the Passat :-(. I guess it's not to late."

Love my Murano!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"A perfect crossover SUV. Comfortable ride. Good gas mileage, 21-24 mpg highway, 14-17 city. No blind spots. Great body style. I estimate average maintenance cost at 1500.00 every 5 years. Love the body style and profile. Tires are wider, giving it a heftier stance and balance. Cruise control is spot on. As with any car, regular oil changes are a must!"

great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reason: need of truck

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "no cons"

"all around great car. Never had 1 problem with it and great on gas."

One of the best values for an SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reason: Trade in on 2012 Kia Sorento

Pros: "Comfortable, Peppy, handles well."

Cons: "gas mileage lists as 18/26 we only got 17/22"

"I bought the 2005 Murano in 2009 for $18.5K which I though was a little steep for a 4 year old SUV with 33K miles. I was wrong! This was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was very comfortable even on 5 hour long trips. The leather quality was very good and held up against wear and tear. Visibility was great all around. Handling was quick and responsive and the engine sure didn't lack power. This baby can move. I never had a problem with suspension, transmission , mechanical or any windows. The only problem with mine was the plastic protective coating on the front cracked and got moldy. Gas mileage was about 3-4 MPG lower than posted but still respectable at 17/23. There was nothing wrong with the truck when I traded it in and in hindsight would have kept it if I could have afforded 2 truck payments. KBB trade-in value was on mark but dealer resale for these is still at $14-18K even with 63K+ miles. If I want my same truck back it will cost me $16K now! Quite a profit for the dealer. Look at what these are selling for before you trade one in and work between that and the KBB values. If you want a high quality, reliable SUV you should definitely look at one of these."

No doubt one of the 2 best cars I have owned.

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "CVT, Driver position, handling, rearseat room"

Cons: "Windnoise, wipers tend to chatter in light rain."

"132000 miles. Replace rear hatch lock twice. Replace driver seat frame. Replace 3 sensors. All under warranty. Replace AC condenser $700 replace crank & camshaft sensors $600 not under warranty. On the third set of tires & second set of brakes. Normal maintenance. Love the CVT tranny, ride comfort & overall performance. Caution-the front end gets a little light a 120+ (don't ask how I know this) Gets just under 22MPG regardless of conditions. I have a 2WD model. In retrospect I would order the AWD since I live in a snowy environment."

Would buy another Murano

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "comfort, reliability, safety are all excellent"

Cons: "minor things like the sunvisor, power seat"

"We have over 83000 miles on this vehicle and have only replaced the tires once and a front set of brakes. The visor was replaced and the power drivers seat has been a problem. Great ride and the 3.5L engines Nissan has produced for years is iron clad. I know people getting a couple hundred thousand miles out of the 3.5L engines."

Love our Murano!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Great space, great drive, great power, efficient."

Cons: "Seat broke, CD player broke, uses some oil."

"We've owned our Murano for years, and it's been mostly trouble-free for most of it's life despite having just passed 150k miles. We've had some work done, yes, but no more than other cars we've owned in the past. The comfort level of the Murano is second to none. Our rear seat passengers always compliment on how much rear legroom there is, and we stay comfortable even on very long trips. The ride of our SE model is a little harsh on rough pavement, but on the highway it's amazingly smooth and agile. We get through St. Louis winters with our two-wheel-drive model with no problems, and average around 20mpg overall! When recently shopping for a new car, we literally couldn't find anything we liked as much as our Murano. It's a truly fantastic car!"

I've never had to have this many repairs on a car

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "looks nice"

Cons: "made with cheap parts and bad design"

"Drivers seat broke (and I'm not over weight) CV Axle, power steering pump, drivers side window, muffler, oil pan leak, and shocks. I have a 2006 and all I can say is that this car is made cheap. I will never get another nissan again. sad"

Multiple major mechanical replacements required

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Quick, fun to drive"

Cons: "Costs way too much to repair than it's worth"

"I bought my car used from CarMax in 2008 (it's a 2003). Since then I've replaced: Front CV axles: once - need to be replaced again Front shocks: once - need to be replaced again Alternator: twice (so I've owned three) Engine: replaced with a used engine Transmission: replaced with a new transmission - need a new one Brake Rotors: need new ones - first set since I've owned the car Engine Mounts - replaced all FOUR, need to replace a couple again already This car is all about looks and feel, and not about quality mechanics. The transmission is trash and Nissan knows this, but refuses to do anything about it. Their special transmission fluid will cost about $600 to replace every 30k miles, but the owner's manual won't tell you. So if you DON'T replace it, then your transmission goes bad and it's suddenly YOUR fault. Don't let anything go wrong on this, because everything else will follow. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting this car. I might not buy Nissan anymore period because of this thing."

nice car

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Lots of people room and storage room"

Cons: "I wish the front end didn't stick out so far"

"I've had this car for about a year, bought used; traded in a 1994 Nissan truck (that I loved). I don't want a sedan and the Murano sits high like my truck. It does every-thing except drive itself. It's roomy, quiet, gobs of storage when the back seat is down, good on gas mileage, GPS, cd and cassette, excellent radio, etc. What is getting me down now is that it has started to need a few things like right front axle, shocks/struts, pretty soon left front axle, one place said it needed motor mounts and upon 90,000 miles, over $600 of maintenance. I really like this car and as I spent so much money trying to fix my truck, I don't want to do it again and am thinking of trading it in. I would definitely go for another Murano."

GORGEOUS 2004 Black Nissan Murano V6

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Great SUV, beautiful interior, sleek exterior!"

Cons: "All highway miles"

"Great SUV, selling for commute reasons. Black with tan leather interior. All wheel drive, power everything. Sun roof, CD changer, roof rack, alloy wheels. Really love this car!"

I love this car

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "milage, comfort, versitility"

Cons: "hate the ugly grill"

"the Murano has been and continues to be a great vehicle. It works well in the heat and the cold, traveling the freeway, pulling a small trailer and hauling concrete or the dog. I will have a tough time parting with this car when the time comes."

Very comfortable but made from lowest bidder parts

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive and"

Cons: "Will not buy another Nissan"

"Bought it used with less than 60,000 miles. Have had to replace; Rear door latch, front wheel bearings, oil leak near oil filter, one cam sensor,front control arms, tie rod ends, and repairs to stop rattles all before 72,000 miles. Before 100,000 miles replaced fuel sensor, fuel pump. At 101,000 miles had replace the coolant outlet. I have never had a car with this many major issues with less than 100,000 miles. The car is carefully driven and gets all the routine maintenance."

Love at first sight

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Never had a problem...PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP!"

Cons: "Can't think of any...."

"This was my dream car. And my dream came true. I love this car.... It's classy looking, gorgeous body lines. I have the Pearl Mist and it just shines, even when he needs a shower. I have to tell you, and if this review is being read in San Diego...East County, particularly you may have seen us...I kiss the driver's side door, with lipstick on, when I get in and out of my car. Even had a girl ask me if she could post a pic of us on facebook! I get so many hilarious reactions. One lady saw my door and said she hoped she wasn't the drunk chick who kissed my car.....Hahhhhhhh!! I know, I'm kinda out there, but I know you will love this car if this is what you have in mind."

Not the greatest...

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, comfy and fun when new"

Cons: "Poor quality, not built to last."

"My wife and I are both in our 40s, no kids and a fairly simple life. The Murano over-all has been ok but I expected better quality out of Nissan. The interior has always been well kept and clean but it is literally falling apart. The motor has always lost oil and no one can figure out where it's going, including the dealer. It's a pain to pull the dipstick at least once a week FOR YEARS! As mentioned above, we don't have kids to abuse anything in the car and I have a four wheel drive SUV when we go to any of those out-of-the-way places. It's basically her everyday driver and take on roadtrips vehicle. We are very disappointed in the overall quality and durability (even though it was babied) of the Murano. I've been a long time fan of Nissan but after having this in the family since new and now can't wait to get rid of it. I am done with them until I see something besides what we have come out of their factories. Sorry Nisaan. You let us down..."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25