2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 575 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Good car. Not great but good.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: Began to have too many issues.

Pros: "Room, relaiblity, features."

Cons: "Mileage, cost to own/operate."

"Got one for the wife. Bought it new a base but adequately equipped S model with AWD. We owned it for 9 years and put 189K on it. We had 1 issue around 100k with the door locks failing to engage and the rear hatch not able to open from the outside. This small issue cost us $700 at the dealer. This was our first CVT car and although i was nervous about it (especially with its history) it operated flawlessly right up to the day we traded the car. The 3.5V6 was also flawless right up to the day of trade (still having the original plugs in it). Around 160K we had an inlet pipe on the muffler rust out (common for this car) and got it welded for $100. At 180K+ we started needing axel shafts and wheel bearings and decided it was time to part ways with the Murano. We liked the car but... were very dissappointed in the mileage and that it didnt last another year or two and go past 200K. Mileage on regular in mixed/mostly highway driving was 18.5-19.5MPG. Factor the dissappointing mileage, the expense of the big tires and the repairs into the price of the vehile and the financing and this was an expensive vehicle to own and operate which dissappointed us. So a good Car but not a great car."

ALIVE AND WELL!!!!!

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"My husband bought me a 2006 Murano so we can transposrt our grandbabies and their accesories!! This past July 4th I was coming home and a car hit my driver's door at the full speed of 55mph!! The driver did not see the red light. I received a slight burn on my upper arm & a stiff neck, from the air bags deploying, but that's it!! My Murano was my life saver with the curtain and side air bags, along with the reinforced steel crash bar!! WE LOVED OUR MURANO AND WILL BE GETTING A NEW ONE!!!!!! Our daughter and her family also drive one because of it's looks and now knowing just how safe they really are!!!! We highly recommend this vehicle to anyone at any age!! T-Boned and living to tell about it!!!!"

decent-but wouldn't buy again

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"My Murano looks good and is comfortable to ride in, even when traveling w/ 5 adults. To this point I have not had any major defects, but did have to install new tires after 23,000 miles (at nearly $120/tire)--due the the AWD, all 4 must be replaced at once. The quality of the vehicle is really what bothers me most. I bought the car new and am very good to my cars, and yet it seems to have many squeaks and rattles. The lumbar support has never seemed to work-at all, and the range of the power seats is limited. I came out of an Audi A4 prior to the Murano and I can tell you the AWD on the Murano is not even in the same ball park-if the reason for purchasing the Murano is for poor weather conditions, do yourself a favor and keep shopping. If you want a fairly comfortable ride and want to look good driving it, you may appreciate this car. For me, this is a leased car. Although I have owned worse cars, when it ends in 8 months I will not be going into another Murano."

Sell before 75K

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "nice looking car. Does well in snow"

Cons: "constant expensive repairs. dont buy"

"We purchased an 07 used June of 10 at 49000 miles. Great until 71K in 2011. Front axle assemblies $350, Engine mounts $700. Now at 100k both front control arms $600 and front axle assembly again for $400. There is constantly a noise somewhere on this vehicle. I removed the driver visor and squeezed the pivot point with pliers to prevent it from falling down while driving and the road noise is very loud with bad gas mileage. We rarely get rid of a car with less than 150-200k but we are going to start looking."

Sharp looking with good comfort but has issues!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "nice ride, nice looking, good pickup"

Cons: "Dependability issues!!!"

"My 2007 Murano SL with 96000 miles is sharp looking with a nice ride and good pickup. Having said that I have been very disappointed because of transmission, front end and other quality repair issues. If you are considering this vehicle check the transmission warranty!"