2003 Nissan Murano

Based on 575 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

I love it and suggest you buy one. But..

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Great responsiveness."

Cons: "Driver Seat, Rear Wiper replacement, Headlights"

"There are 3 things that are not good about this car. If you know it up front you will love having the car, if not it may drive you insane. 1. You(Yes I mean even you "skilled" do-it-yourself-ers)CANNOT change the rear windshield wiper blade without taking it to the Nissan dealer, you will break it and it will cost $600 to fix. 2. The driver seat will break on the back left side of the frame over time, google it. Nissan is a pain in the about it if you try to get them to pay, $100 bucks to have it taken out and welded solved the problem for me. 3. The headlight light bulbs are kind of a pain to change out, but you can prob. do it. Other than that it is safe, comfortable, a great deal(properly researched), and I am going to get a new one in a few years if they have improved the miles per gallon. Count on 18 to 21 MPG average."

Most comfortable and enjoyable car I have owned

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, safe, good milege, fast"

Cons: "expensive but worth it-"

"I have 255000 miles on my 2003 Murano plus 8 years of idling for 2 -3 hours per day 5 days per week while working. I have had normal things to replace and repair- AC, Cylinder Gasket, cooling Fan, Batteries and motor mounts- but this car is a beast- It is heavy but still gets great mileage. I use it for Sales- so I drive 3-4K miles per month. Equivalent milege is around 375,000 due to the extensive idling and its still going strong. Only had to do the brakes once. Bose stereo rocks. Driver seat broke and Nissan did not cover it on recall-"

pluses and minuses

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"I've had my Murano AWD SL for about a year now and I must say it handles very well (even in the snow). It has a lot of creature comforts (with a cost) and is very fun to drive. I have had some issues however, for example, The metal detailing on the interior of the car dings very easily (ex. seatbelt hitting it). I have also found that the cupholder gets stuck in the closed position very often. There is a lot of "required" maintainance, ex every 7, 000 miles it needs some sort of a tune up to maintain it's warranty. Otherwise, I've been satisfied overall with my purchase. I wouldn't say it's the most competitive as far as price of features though, recently I have been considering a Hyaundi as my next purchase... take a look and you'll see why."

Good SUV/improvements needed

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, can grow into"

Cons: "cup holders and repair on same parts more thanonce"

"Many of the comments I read before I bought the Murano talked about the cup holder and how it wasn't functional. After 5 years of owning this SUV and loving it, it's true the cup holder is one of the worst features on the truck. It won't fit more than one mug with handles at a time and liquid spills ALL the time. More importantly, the only issue that I have experienced were issues with the ball joint and the control arm of the vehicle. For whatever reason, these parts on the SAME side and SAME wheel of the truck went bad less than 1 1/2 yr apart. Some mechanics attributed the issues to potholes, others to the mass winters and the corrosion of parts due to the salt. One state charged 2k for repairs another charged $700. At any rate, the truck is great. As someone used to driving a stick shift car it took time to get used to the weight of the truck. It is a little bulky to drive, the windshield has a low slant which obscures vision when you turn so you need to take extra caution on blind sites. However, it has great pick up and a great transmission. Also, still have not figured out what the 'S' gear is for. it revves the engine...truck has great pick up so, don't know why you'd need it. Friends who drive it, love it and it is GREAT for moving furniture, and life in general. Love this car, and highly recommend to consumers. I give it a solid 8!"

Absolutely LOVE it!

By on Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I was just in an accident (not my fault) with my 2005 murano and unfortunately it's totaled - but I'm NOT! There is no doubt the safety features on this vehicle saved me from serious harm. I do have a broken rib, and some bruising, but it should have much worse looking at my car. Would I recommend this car to a friend, even one with children - you BET!!! As soon as I get my insurance claim, I'm heading down to get me another one! Way to go Nissan!"