2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,248 - $30,251.

10/7.4

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Maxima Ever

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to dive. Great power"

"This is my third maxima and the best one that I have owned by far. I love the sport package and styling. The 290 hp engine is very responsive."

Decent sports sedan for the money

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Tech stuff, styling, available amenities"

Cons: "Transmission "feel", back seat space, cost"

"The salesperson touted the CVT as the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've driven it for a couple of years, I'm not sure that I agree. The car has plenty of power but the transmission simply feels "awkward." Back seat passengers will be uncomfortable on longer drives. I love the tech. The "Music Box" feature that allows you to record every CD inserted into the player for future playback from internal memory is awesome. No need to carry CDs around in the car anymore. There are many features usually found in higher-priced sedans (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc) that are wonderful but a Nissan will never be a substitute for any of those cars."

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

Like driving the car for the first time everytime.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, comfort and looks"

Cons: "no back seat power outlet, panal soft"

"Long trips, short trips, they are are fun. The heated wheel is a must for any future car for sure. I do irritated that everytime you turn off the car the temp controls reset to 75 degrees, so short errends it does become irritating to have to reset the temp and fan. under where the seat belt comes out of the side is becoming worn from taking the seat belt off and the metal hitting the panal. Wonder what that will look like in a couple of years owning the car. There is a lot of room in the trunk and driving is a great experience. My wife loves the car as well. I usually don't keep cars long, maybe 2 years tops but this one will be with us for a while is my guess. My step daughter is 11 and wants me to keep the car until she is able to drive... enough said..."