2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,040 - $29,973.

10/7.4

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Let 'er eat

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"We've owned this car (2013 Max with premium, sport, and technology packages) for a couple of years now. Almost 25k miles and no mechanical problems to speak of. My wife is the primary driver and has a pretty light foot. When I get in to drive it however... I let 'er eat. I like to make sure all 290 horses are still present. And they are! It's a lot of fun to have refined power like that in a sporty sedan. Not a huge fan of CVT but I've grown to appreciate it. It really helps keep the torque right at the pedal, if that makes any sense. In other words, if you're driving along at 60mph and want to accelerate to 80mph, that process happens extremely quickly. Accelerating from a dead stop is also interesting but it's all RPM's man... The tach will instantly climb to the top and hang as the car accelerates from 0. It's a different feel. We opted for every option because the rebates were right. Glad we did as all of those options (including the cool undercarriage LED lights) help justify the higher price tag. Yes, I wish it had a manual and RWD but if we really wanted that, we would have paid $10k more for an Infiniti. Wasn't in the budget nor was the insurance cost for the Infiniti. The glass roof is awesome. The Bose stereo is amazing. Long trips in an incredibly comfortable, ventilated seat are great. We love this car and hope it lasts. I know several folks who have 2008+ Max's with 200k on them and no problems. That's encouraging as our last Max was an 2001 with 380k miles on it and still ran perfectly. You'll love the 2013 Max if you decide to get it. Just expect higher preventative maintenance costs (CVT tranny) and higher fuel costs (premium fuel required)."

great car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "great price drives like a dream"

Cons: "cant find any"

"great over all car well built great gas milage 28 city 34 highway better than I thought all the toys and for the price a great deal"

Absolute worst transmission in otherwise great car

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "good MPG, decent ride"

Cons: "Worst transmission I've ever owned"

"I have owned 8 new Nissan vehicles including this one all with manual transmissions except the 2010 Maxima. The transmission provides no engine braking when going down hill and over-revs the engine when accelerating. reminds me of an old Buick Dynaflow the way it tries to manage torque and power. On top or the other faults the transmission requires service ever 30000 miles or the warranty is void (read this as the 300$ added operating cost.) The traction control is so aggressive that the car will get stuck since you can not get the tires to even spin enough to dig itself out."

Great Vehicle , value for this car is great

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Value of car, and performance ."

Cons: "Front wheel drive , takes a little away ."

"2nd maxima I have owned, last one had 180,000 miles and kept driving like New !! Interior , exterior , comfort , and ride are Great !! Hate to mention this but only thing I would change on this Maxima is to make it a Rear Wheel a Drive!! Engine has great punch and would be better managed by rear wheel drive. Other than that , car is amazing !"

Best vehicle I have owned!!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"You get a lot of car for the money. There really isn't anything about the Maxima that I don't like. It's a great everyday driver."