2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,058 - $29,973.

10/7.4

Based on 245 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best ever

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "fun, fast, family car"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor"

"I owned a Lexus but driving it was like a shot of novocaine...you didn't feel anything but boredom. After passing a Nissan dealer I did a quick U-ey and said to myself..."self-it's time". After a quick test drive I knew it was for me. The Maxima was superb. The acceleration was a blast. The roadholding and handling was perfect. It felt heavy but not too big. The interior was impressive and the premium package was just as good as any BMRRRR or Benzz-the-wrong-way...for tens of thousands of dollars less, better reliabilty, and far less maintenance than the Kraut-mobiles. After 25,000 miles I still have a big grin every time I drive it."

I like the comfort and handling on the road.

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Great driving experience."

Cons: "Price"

"It is a well designed car and beautiful. I have gotten compliments from people of all age groups to include children. The Maxima 2010 handles well on the road and at high speeds. The car is advertised as a 4 door sports car but I do not have enough knowledge to determine if that is accurate desciption of the car."

Good car but need some exterior adjustments done

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "Exterior front"

"I purchase my car a few months ago. My problem with the 2012 maxima is that I have enough space between my front bumper"

Best looking 4 door on the road today

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Best car for the money, has a/c seats"

Cons: "front wheel drive"

"This is the best bang for the buck. I have driven for 2 years and 20000 miles including 2000 mile trips. The seats are super great for long drives. Car is fast as lightning and the paddle shifters are fun to use. The only thing I don't like is front wheel drive. When you get on it you better be holding on to the wheel, It will take you places you don't want to go if you are not ready."

Extremely Fun To Drive

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "A fun car to drive, roomy, decent gas milage"

Cons: "None yet!"

"OVerall the Quality of Nissan has come a very long way in the right direction. This is a sport car with a back seat. Roomy and fun to drive, with enough technology in it to launch the space shuttle! My wife loved the car from the first day she drove it, and I have had very few worries or issues. The car did come new from the dealer with a slight pull right. I told the service the next time and they ran a free allignment and found the rear camber to be out of spec. Boulder Nissan service was great with that issue, and any other minor issues we have had. Overall we really enjoy driving this car, it moves when you want it to, and it cruzes well also. The steering is tight, and the car feels planted in corners. Fitting two adults in the back of the car leaves plenty of head and leg room, even for me at 6'2. The trunk is also bigger than it appears. I would recomend this car for the money if your looking for a fun and sporty car."

Very nice car! CVT is wildly miss understood.

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, power, cockpit layout, CVT"

Cons: "No remote start, paddle shift option is pointless"

"I really like my 2011 Maxima SV, mainly because of it's comfort and power. The CVT is wildly miss understood by "professionals and or car enthusiast". The paddle shifters were added for these people so they can "shift through the gears", pointless! There are no gears in a CVT, but there is a near infinite number of effective gear ratios available. Near infinite would be way more than 6 gears by the way (that's for the professional reviewers/car enthusiast out there that give this car a poor review, because they don't understand how a CVT works). When you want to pass, this car responds faster than any car I have ever driven (*). It will hold you in a optimal power band and keep the car accelerating with a nice powerful sound coming from under the hood. Electronics are slightly dated but very functional. Heated steering wheel is really nice on a cold Wisconsin night. For summer the cooled drivers seat is very nice also. It's a very comfortable 4 - 5 passenger car with a sports car feel. Don't get me wrong people there are plenty of cars out there with more speed and power, but not for the price. * Cars I have driven; 2012 Ford Taurus SHO, 2011 Audi A4, Volvo S60, and a 2012 Mercedes C300."

Like driving the car for the first time everytime.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, comfort and looks"

Cons: "no back seat power outlet, panal soft"

"Long trips, short trips, they are are fun. The heated wheel is a must for any future car for sure. I do irritated that everytime you turn off the car the temp controls reset to 75 degrees, so short errends it does become irritating to have to reset the temp and fan. under where the seat belt comes out of the side is becoming worn from taking the seat belt off and the metal hitting the panal. Wonder what that will look like in a couple of years owning the car. There is a lot of room in the trunk and driving is a great experience. My wife loves the car as well. I usually don't keep cars long, maybe 2 years tops but this one will be with us for a while is my guess. My step daughter is 11 and wants me to keep the car until she is able to drive... enough said..."

It's okay.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Sleek look, so fun to drive"

Cons: "Rear door shape, location of power sources"

"This is the 3rd Maxima I've owned and while it's the best looking and most fun to drive, it's somehow my least favorite. In my car, the dashboard/steering shaft area rattles alot. The exterior mirrors automatically tilt down when in reverse. For parallel parkers, this is a great feature, but if I'm backing out in a parking lot, I need to see vehicles, not pavement. The power sorces for phones and GPS are horribly located -- both are on the bottom of the center consoles; I have one inoperable right now because a penny fell in it and shorted it out. The shape and design of the back doors beg for dings, and because I carpool a lot of 13-year-olds, I have plenty of dings. The brake light and traction control light started coming on all the time. I read a forum that said I should top off brake fluid. Fortunately that fixed it. If I had the choice to make again, I probably would not purchase this car."

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fast, Sleek, Good Value"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage"

"This car is fantastic. It's an entry-level luxury car that has great acceleration, yet is incredibly smooth and quiet. Everyone seems to compliment the look, especially the interior. The brown leather seats are beautiful and the Navy Blue finish looks amazing. I just may buy another Maxima in five years once this car starts getting old."

This is a well designed car.

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"The are's design is sportscarlike. The car's leather interior is excellent and is of luxury level. The navigation system is easy to use and the sattelite radio system combined with the Bose sound system is excellent for driving. The car has excellent handling and begs for you to drive it. I also own a 305 Z. I love both of my Nissans. I am a prior owner of a Mercedez Sedan and a Porsche sports car. The Nissan Maxima has all the luxury needed without the overblown price tag for a luxury car name."

excellent car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have a 2010 Maxima SV Sports Package with Nav. and Tech Pkg. This is one great car. It has great acceleration and nice heft-it can really move without the feeling of losing control because of being too light. There are more features than I use, but now I'm spoiled for the one's I've grown accustomed to, namely heated seats/steering wheel, comfortable leather seating, rear camera w/auto-lowering side mirrors when reversing, in-dash nav. with a hard drive storage for music-no more cd's sliding in the car. The ONLY downside is, with the smart key, a remote starter is REALLY expensive to have installed-they come in handy in cold climates."

Great Value and sexy looking

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Car drives great, looks great, is reliable. one caviat is nissan had a design flaw in the rear sway bar which made it squeak. Had it replaced twice and seems fine now."

09 Maxima

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"I love this car!"

Best Maxima Ever

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to dive. Great power"

"This is my third maxima and the best one that I have owned by far. I love the sport package and styling. The 290 hp engine is very responsive."

I freakin love this car

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"What else is there to say. It has great looks awesome options and its fast!"

4 dr Sports Car

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"Very fast, great music system,pretty good gas mileage.,,,,"

i love it

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"I love everything about this car."

Great car. Great options.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Great power. Super quiet cabin."

Cons: "Price with all options..."

"Ideal car for long trips and everyday driving. Its the best car if you get all the options."

Great car!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast, good looks"

Cons: "FWD, not a true luxury mark, CVT transmission"

"This is not a sporty car, but I am still loving it. The ride is nice and quality is great. The only regret I have is that I did not go with a true luxury mark like Mercedes. But besides that the features are great, I have leather seats, good sat nav, and the car pulls great on the highway. The CVT transmission feels weird at times, especially at low revs, but I think you get used to it. Also, it's forward-wheel drive which is a bit disappointing."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Great quality, fun options great styling."

Cons: "No rear sonar radar, not rear wheel drive"

"I had a 2008 BMW 550i - so I am comparing this car to that one- bear that in mind when reading- There are a couple of things I would love to see this car have- 1. Better power seat options 2. Front and rear sonar radar 3. Rear wheel drive That said, I adore this car. The back seats have ample room for adults to be comfortable. We drive it all over the state and are never uncomfortable. The same could not be said for my BMW. It was miserable on a 6 hour drive. The stereo (Bose) is amazing. The navigation is a charm. The headlights are the HID. I love the styling it looks tough. The CVT shifting is seamless. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our maxima. Our dealership actually gives a lifetime power train warranty with that car as well. So that's even nicer. I would check dealerships in your area, some give them away."

Loving my new Maxima!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Stereo, Heated Steering Wheel"

Cons: "the placement of the window buttons"

"This is the first car I have bought on my own. Needless to say, I did my reasearch. The 2011 Maxima has exceeded my expectations. I love the navigation with the XM road condition and weather updates. The cold weather package is so nice. The seats heat up quickly as does the steering wheel. Now I don't know what I did without a heated steering wheel! It is big enough to be comfortable on long road trips but it also a lot fun to drive! Mine is Crimson Black and the color is beautiful. It looks black but in the sun has a bit of cherry-colored sparkle. I get compliments and turn heads everywhere I go."

best nissan maxima ever

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "nice shape/trim/comfort/speed/reliability"

Cons: "no heated seats"

"nice shape/trim/comfort/speed/reliability"

fun vehicle to drive. elegant. sporty. fun.

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "fun too drive. dependable. high quality."

Cons: "blind spots. tires(winter conditions)"

"Maxima is nicely appointed. great quality. fun too drive. worth a second look. performance is great. goes beyond expectations. swicthing to manuel transmission is always fun every time. only drawbacks have been some driver blind spots. the tire size has been a problem if i should need to travel in winter road conditions due to the fact no snow chains or cables can be put on the maxima sport package. other than those two small things it has been absolutley wonderful to drive."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Tech and Sports package are a must! Fun to drive!"

Cons: "No heated back seats or factory DVD package avail"

"This car is comfortable for road trips with the family and fun to drive. Usually on road trips no one volunteers to be the one in the drivers seat. On every trip we have taken in our Maxima we argue over who is going to drive. The paddle shift is a great feature when you want a change from the automatic transmission although it has a totally different feel than a manual with the CVT transmission and takes a bit of getting used to for those of us that prefer a manual transmission. Regardless - it really is a pleasure to drive."

I love my car!!!

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, performance, ride and value"

Cons: "Could get better gas mileage."

"My husband and I were lucky enough to get one of these as a rental car when our old car was totalled and we fell in love. After returning it to Enterprise we immediately went in search of one we could call our own. I have the slightly more expensive one with the sport package. It gets up and goes fast! It's very comfortable and everything is intuitive and easy. The back seat is comfortable for my friends. The paddle shifters are a lot of fun. It has such a sleek and sexy body style I get a lot of comments because you just don't see very many of them around. We tinted the windows so.. ours is extra cool. The ride is extremely comfortable and you don't hear a lot of outside sounds which is nice. For the price of the used ones, you just can't beat it. If I had one complaint it would be gas mileage but it's really not that bad."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25