2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,304 - $30,221.

10/7.4

Based on 257 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Excellent car rides smooth and no maintenance issu

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Very excellent car drive very well."

Cons: "only takes premium gas"

"Very excellent car drives very well and great features. No major maintenance issues."

my 2nd one

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Cons: "more quiet interior. ........"

"Great driving machine. ...."

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

without a doubt thsi is the vey best MAX yet!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great car for family with great sports like feel"

Cons: "some what expensive"

"The car is simply amazing! It has luxury ride to a sport car feel, Performance, comfort and reliability is outrageous; handels like a luzury car with true sport car performance. Bottom line its not much less than my son's Audio 8; meaning the Audi is 2x thw cost of the Max but don't see justication for paying more than twice I pay for max. Finnally if performance you desire, yes the Audi is moore responsive but in my opinion not worth 2 1/2 times the cost"

4 Door Race Car

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "A real driving machine."

Cons: "Poor engineering for the 12 volt receptacles."

"My Nissan Maxima is a 4 door race car. It handles like a dream and throws your head back when you press the pedal. It's great on long trips and around town. The only faut I have found with the car is the location of the 12 volt accessory inputs. They are both in the center console and the problem is they are in the very bottom of the the change box and glove box. It makes it difficult to plug anything in without emptying out the compartements. The first week I had the car a micro sd card fell in to the 12 volt receptacle and I had to have the whole console removed. Aside from that the car is a dream. If you have a chance to own one.....go for it!"

One of the best cars for the money

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Many - see the main text"

Cons: "A few - see the main text"

"I leased this Maxima SV with Technology and Premium packages back in September 2011 and I've been really enjoying this car for the last two years. Back in 2011, I was actually looking at Acura TL as my previous car was a Honda Accord EX-L 3.5L, which I loved. But Acura TL didn't impress me and I just decided to take a look at a Maxima "while at it". But I was really impressed with all the great features it had to offer, which eventually made me get it. This is really a nice sporty car which allows you to both cruise comfortably and drive aggressively. Its looks are beautiful and still relevant. The interior is mostly great to look at and functional. I love most of its elements such as the perfect steering wheel, amazing seats, etc. but the middle console looks a bit under-designed. It's perfectly functional and easy to use but lacks the harmony that the rest of the car exudes. The car seems reliable but I’ve only done 23K miles; so it’s probably too early to make big statements here. So now some details on pros and cons. Pros: -- the seats are perfect. Great quality leather trim. Lumbar support is great. The thigh extension is just very useful and I now don't know how I can live without it. -- the seats are both heated (for both front seats) and cooled (for the driver only). This is tremendous for both cold and hot weather and I use both options - depending on the weather - almost non stop. -- there’s a great range and number of adjustments for the driver’s seat for any height -- the two-setting memory on the driver’s seat is a life saver. Every time I take my Maxima back from service – where they seem to be obligated to change the seat’s position – I simply press a button and it brings my seat, steering wheel and the side mirrors in their original positions how I set them in the first place – this is priceless. -- when you stop the car, the driver’s seat pulls back and the steering wheel goes up giving you more room to get out of the car. Conversely, when you start the car, both the seat and the wheel pull back in place – awesome! -- the steering wheel is really great. The leather trim on it is so well done and very nice to touch. I compared it to 5 other luxury models and I love Maxima’s the most. It also has a simple button to tilt it or pull back or forward – great feature; whereas in many other luxury brands you still have to release a handle and do this manually -- the engine coupled with the CVT is very dynamic and picks up at any speed. Acceleration is great, and at any rate of acceleration you don't feel as if the car is working too hard to do so. -- I also love the manual gear selection, which is available on both the shift stick itself and the paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel. -- when in sports mode, Maxima becomes even more aggressive and stays at higher RPM’s. -- the rearview camera is of very high quality - much better than the 5 other luxury brands I checked out Cons: -- it’s a bit more noisy than I wish. It’s probably because of its design which is great but at higher speeds the wind noise is rather pronounced. E.g., my wife’s Kia Optima is noticeably quieter. -- as mentioned, I am not psyched about the design of the middle console -- I was surprised to find out that the back seats do not fold down -- the CVT transmission is both good and bad. It certainly seems to accelerate the car very quickly and smoothly but it also seems to be a bit noisier -- I don’t like that the trunk lid doesn’t rise higher when released as it’s on the heavy side and takes some force to open and close So, this car, not without minor flaws, still keeps me excited. Now that it’s time to think of a change I find it very hard to find any good replacement with the same level of quality, comfort and features."

Fast

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "quick, nice upgraded interior,"

Cons: "low"

"Fully loaded, fun to drive."

Great car until the transmission went out!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks great and drives even better"

Cons: "transmission had to be replaced"

"I've bought Nissans for years and expected my 2009 Maxima to go the distance. I'm used to high miles and no problems. However, at 150,000 highway miles, my transmission went out. When I called around to get quotes to rebuild/replace, all the businesses said they would rebuild if Nissan motors would "release parts" but b/c they don't, I had to replace it completely. I was also told by these transmission folks that they've seen this alot with the 2009's. I have loved Nissans up until this point and after a very expensive repair, will never buy another one!"