2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,077 - $29,998.

10/7.4

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Excellent experience with this car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "FW drive, brand (I'm a snob)"

"I love this car, but for the same money I could have had a luxury brand, e.g., Lexus ES."

This is our 2nd model

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfortable, features, dual moon roof"

Cons: "CVT, no blind spot, better gas mileage"

"We have been a long time Maxima owner our first one was a 1996 it lasted at 250,452 miles that vehicle had been well taken cared of with religiously maintained and oil changes only things went wrong were just minor. Bought an more upgraded model, it rides like a luxury car very great handling, fast quiet engine under a 290hp best performance get out of it is perfectly terrific. Features are outstanding includes navigation system, Bose stereo, USB port, cooled and heated seats, dual moon roof, steering controls, Bluetooth, high intensity HID discharge headlights, rearview camera, push button engine with intelligent key and more. It is comfortable on a adequate ride gives us when took a trip from North Carolina to Pennsylvania the Maxima had a great ride liked never before it was so powerful commuting on interstates, freeways and toll booths also got paddle shifters using the car in sport mode for more shifting feeling this automobile held the highways very tight. CVT is the first vehicle, ever driven car is smooth with a great ride but under acceleration can feel some jerky guess just a thing with continuously variable transmissions otherwise our Maxima is overall the best car ever purchased. Before making a new car purchased we looked at other upscale sedans as BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Ford, Mercedes and Maxima was our last on the list. When test drove it was fabulous on roads and interior materials were absolutely the perfect luxury automobile for us others was nice just didn't have that upscale performance like Maxima with SV premium its only 2 months old been literally driving a lot in this car only biggest concern gas mileage is not so great getting at least 20 mpg which requires couple fill ups from time to time in other model mpg was 28 but still love our newer model a steal! We are happy having another one in our driveway hope can last at 200K miles or more we're going to take care of this 2014 even more religiously keeping up the maintenance and oil changes on time as remanufactured guide recommends. It's quiet, seats are well best with headrest being best no issues on anything except gas mileage should be better."

Great Cars, But Cheap Quality from inside.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Value price, have lot of great gadget for the $$$$"

"I love my Nissan Maxima 2011 with Navigation Packages, but the inside quality is to many plastic instead of leather. When you pay over $40K, you expect to get very nice from inside and out quality. But still, I love it. I trade in a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T to get a Maxima."

Beautiful MAXMOBILE

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Cooled and heated seats, navigation, controls,"

Cons: "tight rear headroom"

"I love driving my maxmobile as a everyday vehicle its super fast and unique with lots of features. Car was bought having 3.5sv premium package with got bit more luxury to car. Love how it drives so well all the features and options were the best ever at a great price for Maxima. Bose stereo is best beats other factory stereos out of other cars includes USB port and 6 dash changer with iPod interface and Sirius satellite while get tired of my radio collection either switch to XM or hook my iPod through the device. Bluetooth and Navigation systems are very optional on how get crystal clear voice commands programming my iPhone its great as can listen to playlist of music using the USB port for it. The Maxima is an excellent performance automobile, faster and quieter the interior is firmed in great seating support even available with cooled and heated seats for summer or winter any choice can be more comfortable having a nice quieter ride driving anywhere. I love the intelligent key, xenon headlights, dual moon roof, wood trim dash around the controls and near console center. It rides more like a Cadillac with most responsive handling doesn't feel clumsy or goes off to right has perfect light steering feel every time I drive car its the best ever. Its a really beautiful luxury vehicle besides with cars as Chevy Impala, Dodge Charger, Volkswagen CC, Toyota Avalon, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Azera, Chrysler 300 and Kia Cadenza. Overall it gives sport or luxury feel to it getting either sport or premium packages anywhere would have a great ride I believe just pay little extra for the SV premium because has more top of the line features as sport package would give a sporty ride something like a Infiniti or BMW but I recommend buying the Maxima with both packages these cars are affordable and much better in reliability from other previous models that suffered trouble spots. The styling looks top of the line with LED lights, bulged up front fenders, refreshed grill, headlights, taillight lenses, 18 or 19'' wheels to sport or premium packages. Got 18'' wheels which make car have an much supple ride gives me on the highways even paddle shifters are neat too."

Wouldnt buy another

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "All the above"

"2012 Maxima SV, Premium (Mine), 2011 Nissan Versa (fiancé's).Worst new car purchases ever made. Nashville dealers are a joke. We have both dealt with all 3 on the north side of town, and left just equally aggravated as the other. We have had nothing but issues, both with car and the dealerships. The overall quality of the cars have plummeted. I have 37,000 miles on mine, fiancée has 32,000 on hers. Squeeks and rattles are common in and around the windshields, door pillars, and door panels. Definitely not OCD friendly. The climate control has quit working. The drivers seat has play in the drive mechanism, every time I brake or accelerate the seat goes moves on its track about an 1/8" and goes thunk. Impressive when you have execs with you on a business lunch. The impeccably maintained Maxima mileage has dropped to a best of 24.3, and that's on premium fuel. The dealerships act like your a criminal when you bring them back for service, questioning your intellect with every issue. Problem is, I owned a service center for quite a number of years, Have been deeply entrenched in Motorsports all my life, and have been a mechanical engineer for a tier one supplier for many years. I guess I kinda know what I'm talking about. Lesson learned and I will never grace the presence of a new Nissan again. Hey Nissan.....remember the reputation of the Datsun years?"

See if you qualify for