2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,248 - $30,251.

10/7.4

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Maxima Ever

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to dive. Great power"

"This is my third maxima and the best one that I have owned by far. I love the sport package and styling. The 290 hp engine is very responsive."

Decent sports sedan for the money

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Tech stuff, styling, available amenities"

Cons: "Transmission "feel", back seat space, cost"

"The salesperson touted the CVT as the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've driven it for a couple of years, I'm not sure that I agree. The car has plenty of power but the transmission simply feels "awkward." Back seat passengers will be uncomfortable on longer drives. I love the tech. The "Music Box" feature that allows you to record every CD inserted into the player for future playback from internal memory is awesome. No need to carry CDs around in the car anymore. There are many features usually found in higher-priced sedans (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc) that are wonderful but a Nissan will never be a substitute for any of those cars."

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

Like driving the car for the first time everytime.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, comfort and looks"

Cons: "no back seat power outlet, panal soft"

"Long trips, short trips, they are are fun. The heated wheel is a must for any future car for sure. I do irritated that everytime you turn off the car the temp controls reset to 75 degrees, so short errends it does become irritating to have to reset the temp and fan. under where the seat belt comes out of the side is becoming worn from taking the seat belt off and the metal hitting the panal. Wonder what that will look like in a couple of years owning the car. There is a lot of room in the trunk and driving is a great experience. My wife loves the car as well. I usually don't keep cars long, maybe 2 years tops but this one will be with us for a while is my guess. My step daughter is 11 and wants me to keep the car until she is able to drive... enough said..."

excellent car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have a 2010 Maxima SV Sports Package with Nav. and Tech Pkg. This is one great car. It has great acceleration and nice heft-it can really move without the feeling of losing control because of being too light. There are more features than I use, but now I'm spoiled for the one's I've grown accustomed to, namely heated seats/steering wheel, comfortable leather seating, rear camera w/auto-lowering side mirrors when reversing, in-dash nav. with a hard drive storage for music-no more cd's sliding in the car. The ONLY downside is, with the smart key, a remote starter is REALLY expensive to have installed-they come in handy in cold climates."

Loving my new Maxima!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Stereo, Heated Steering Wheel"

Cons: "the placement of the window buttons"

"This is the first car I have bought on my own. Needless to say, I did my reasearch. The 2011 Maxima has exceeded my expectations. I love the navigation with the XM road condition and weather updates. The cold weather package is so nice. The seats heat up quickly as does the steering wheel. Now I don't know what I did without a heated steering wheel! It is big enough to be comfortable on long road trips but it also a lot fun to drive! Mine is Crimson Black and the color is beautiful. It looks black but in the sun has a bit of cherry-colored sparkle. I get compliments and turn heads everywhere I go."

This car is an awesome sports cruiser !!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Ride, Looks, Handling, Creature Comforts, Etc...."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet ..."

"About a year has passed and we are very pleased with our 2011 Maxima. It does not have the Sport Suspension. The Sport pkg rode a little rougher than we wanted for a cruiser. I put Michelin Sport A/S tires on it to quiet things down a bit and received an improvement in handling and ride comfort. Also road noise went down a tad. Not that the stock ride and sound levels were bad. I just know that the factory puts on good tires not great tires and I wanted the most out of my car. Everytime I get into this car I'm impressed by the looks we get, the power it has and how well it handles. Not to mention the gas mileage on long road trips exceeds 30mpg if you go the speed limit or a tad over. This is more car than most people need. However, it is everything I want. Yeah, it would be nice if it got 50mpg. However, if that meant I'd get less performance or cost more money; I'd pass. It looks to me like a hybrid of this car would be a $15k-20K upcharge to cover the cost of the hybrid systems. You can buy a lot of gas for $15,000.00"

Wonderful car!

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"When I first saw a picture of the 2009 Maxima on my monthly billing statement, I knew I had to have it! Prior to this vehicle I owned the 2007 model. Though I love the sleek design and the performance of this car, I have to admit the quality and the price of the 2007 model made it a much better buy. The paint job is of poor quality and chips easily around the hood and trunk of the car. Not to mention My 2007 model was less expensive and I had more options!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"I have owned this car for just over a year. I have just over 22,000 Kilometers and have had no issues. This car is fun to drive, handles great and has more than enough power. This car was about the same price as the Infiniti G37 so a few people questioned as to why I did not buy the G37. These are two totally different cars. The Maxima is larger, has a better ride (the G37 is a sports car) and the Maxima had some options I liked better (the glass top roof). The CVT is so smooth that you never feel a shift which is the one thing I love about this car. The G37 with it's 7 speed transmission did not appeal to me as it was constantly shifting. Some reviews I read critisized Nissan for not offering a manual transmission...are you kidding me! I cannot see a Maxima buyer wanting a Manual transmission. I have owned over 25 cars in my lifetime and this Maxima is in the top 3."

Top performer inside and out!

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

Pros: "Richly appointed, stylish, Sports Sedan"

"This is a car that I never considered while buying a car. I test drove Cadillacs, Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, and Honda Accord. The day I bought the Nissan Maxima sv Premium, I was driving to look at my 2nd Avalon (100 miles from home). I didn,t like it and the salesman started checking his inventory with no results. I started to get up to leave and he said hold up, I have 1 more car you may be interested in. He walked over to another sales rep, which handed over some keys and told me to meet him in the front of the dealership. He pulled up in The Maxima and said how do you like this? I didn;t say anything, just walked around looking at it's bold and meaty front end yet sleek body style, perfect curves and shapes, with just the right amount of trim. The rear spoiler and Big dual exhaust tells you I'm ready to rock and roll! Then I looked inside! The black leather with red stitching, the dashboard, and console all black was top notch. When you sit in the drivers seat you are surrounded by the word Control, and you feel good! From the navigation, streamlining down through the controls to the console to armrest with shifter in the perfect position. The dashboard was loaded with information along with the navigation screen. Now the performance test. I never heard of a cvt tranny so obviously I never drove one. As I took off, the salesman told me to really drive it so I did. I Hit it hard and the car leaped out quickly and then it kinda sounded like the transmission was slipping but without hesitation it shot out smooth and MEAN, with no effort, which really confused me, and the roar of the motor, it reminded me of my muscle car days only with control I never thought I'd see in my day. My Cadillac STS was nice, along with my Charger R/T with a hemi, but neither compares to this car. 14.2 qt mile stock! Impressive for a sedan and YES I will say it is a Sport sedan, because it Runs and Handles as Bold and Beautiful as it stands. It is a smooth, active, quiet ride with a rich luxurious interior. The car Screams at you to go driving!"

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."

Awesome looks, great detail , powerful acceleratio

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "great price for the money, luxury at its best"

Cons: "No sun glass holder with the premiun package"

"Own a 2009 altiman 2.5sl , really loved to drive that car. Nissan had a great rebate in Jan, of $5500.00 on the maxima with a total 0f $10,240 ofF the sticker price ,with that got the car for under $30,000 with that I purchase the sv with the premium package and so far am so happy that I did, the car is that and more . It is eveything that it is gear up to be. with the comfort,handling ,smoothnest it is out of the park.All my family and friends are amased that it is a sports car, it however looks feels and drives like a luxury car , well done Nissan."

2012 Maxima S: Sharp inside and out

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"Pros: Sharpest car on the road; Sweet understated grille; high-quality interior; smooth transmission; handles excellent; Cheaper alternative to more pretentious brands (BMW); Door-unlocking button on outside handle is ingenious (if you have key in your pocket all you have to do is touch a small button on the handle); great acceleration; pretty tight steering Cons: Base stereo sound is just okay; auxiliary input jack location could be better; climate controls placement (just under lcd screen) are hard to reach if you are tall like me (6'3) and have to have the seat far back Overall: love it, so sharp"

Best ever

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "fun, fast, family car"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor"

"I owned a Lexus but driving it was like a shot of novocaine...you didn't feel anything but boredom. After passing a Nissan dealer I did a quick U-ey and said to myself..."self-it's time". After a quick test drive I knew it was for me. The Maxima was superb. The acceleration was a blast. The roadholding and handling was perfect. It felt heavy but not too big. The interior was impressive and the premium package was just as good as any BMRRRR or Benzz-the-wrong-way...for tens of thousands of dollars less, better reliabilty, and far less maintenance than the Kraut-mobiles. After 25,000 miles I still have a big grin every time I drive it."

Great car. Great options.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Great power. Super quiet cabin."

Cons: "Price with all options..."

"Ideal car for long trips and everyday driving. Its the best car if you get all the options."

Bang!!! for the buck

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Looks cool"

Cons: "Stock tires are just fair"

"1st and foremost the Maxima is super FAST and COOL looking. CVT is smooth as silk and delivers good gas mileage while emitting lecherous growl. Maxima has great lines period. It looks 10 times better in person than in pictures. Rear angle looks great. The subtle rear spoiler and rear overall design is unmatched. Super cool LED rear and stop tailights."

A Great Car

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"I have been extremely happy with my Maxima. I have the sport package and the ride and performance has been outstanding. I have not had one issue with my car (knock on wood) and would highly recommend this car. I was going to buy a Lexus or Acura but after a test drive, the styling and performance of the Maxima won me over. It's a great looking car and when I purchased it in May of 2010 there weren't a lot of them on the road and I got compliments all the time. There are a lot more on the road now and with good reason. It has every feature that all the luxury cars have, a sportier, sexier look, and at a price the other guys wouldn't touch."

Made for the road, but looks great in the driveway

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun, fast and sexy"

Cons: "Get a radar detector"

"This car is made to be driven. I've had mine for over two years now and love it, love it, love it. My poor motorcycle is lonely now, because I enjoy driving this car so much. If you've owned or driven a Maxima prior to this model, throw all of your opinions out the window. This is a completely different car. I've owned 2004 and 2008 models...wow what a difference! If you drive slow, don't buy this car...it's not for you. Tech Package - Outstanding! CVT Transmission - Outstanding! Slap Stick Manual/Auto - Outstanding! Acceleration - Great! (jumps off the line) Handling - Outstanding! (incredible turn radius) Keyless Entry and Push button start - Outstanding! I've had more looks, stares, comments (direct and indirect) with this car than any other. It is insurance classified as a sports car, but it drives like one too (keeping in mind that it is in fact still a sedan). If you like to drive...buy this car."

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, loaded with options for the price; great styling"

Cons: "front wheel drive, steering torques to the left when you really punch it; prem gas req"

"My first Maxima (2010). Absolutely love the new style and the CVT is sooooo smooth. The front fenders and back-up camera take some getting use to. The ride is comfortable and the seats and steering wheel can be adjusted in so many combinations. I get 26 mph even with my foot in it. Most of my driving is a combination of highway and country/urban roads. Still has the punch at 80 if you need it. The OEM tires hang in the curves and at this time I have 40k on them with good tread remaining. Oil changes don't have to cost $100, I opt out of the balance and rotation since I can get balancing done at a tire store cheaper and rotation is free at a national tire store."

Almost Perfect!

By on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"I bought my 2010 Maxima in November of 2010 on a lease. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. The day after I got it, I raced my buddy in a 2004 Mustang GT, and he was very dissapointed with the results. Gas Mileage wasn't the greatest, but that's my fault. I can't seem to keep my foot off the gas pedal. I did add K&N's Typhoon Cold Air Intake, and that helped out with gas mileage when I take it easy, and adds a bit of power when I feel catty. Also, the sound is MUCH improved over stock. All in all, this car is just a beautiful design. I would like to have the same car in a 6-speed and RWD, but the CVT is a big improvement over a traditional automatic."

Awesome sedan!

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I own a 2011 Maxima SV Sport with Tech package. Having tested the Acura TL, VW CC R-line and Infinity G37. The amount of car you get for the money with the Maxima, plus it's excellent visual appeal, trumps the others. Overall I liked the G37 best, but for the same features, it would have cost me $5k more. One plus is that you can deal on the Maxima. MSRP was $40500 on mine, I paid $33500. Fully loaded, every sport package option including sport package and trunk organizer. Performance is great, almost no torque steer, handles flat and excellent acceleration with the 3.5L V6 (same spec as the old 350Z). CVT is excellent and very smooth and responds perfect to acceleration needs. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds is plenty quick. Interior materials are excellent and about on par with the Infinity and Acura. Car is very quiet. Overall, very impressed. Also been averaging 25mpg in mixed driving. Very respectable mileage."