2014 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,352 - $30,339.

10/7.4

Based on 284 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Durable, explosive handling, and driven performer!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Great handling and sound system!"

Cons: "The back seat could be enhanced a little better."

"From sport enthusiast to high tech yuppie...it plays with your drive and brings results to a remarkable conclusion as promised...a WIN WIN outcome!"

WOW!

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"My last few cars have been V8's so I was weary of dropping down to a V6. I'm a hotrod girl. All I can say is WOW! No loss of power here. Belive me, I have used all 290 horses and it will move!! This car truly makes a statement whether it be passing you on the interstate or just sitting in the parking lot...this car gets noticed! It is very comfortable, fun to drive, extremely powerful, good on gas and roomy enough for my 6'3" husband. I got my car in Dec of 08 and everytime I get in it it's like driving it for the first time. I LOVE IT!!"

Good solid car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"After trading in my Infiniti M35X for the 09 Maxima, I was apprehensive about liking this car. It is NO M35, but it is a solid car with plenty of extras. It is quiet enough to enjoy the powerful music system w/ eight speakers. I get plenty of compliments about it's styling and with 290 hp, it moves quietly and quickly on and off the hwy. It's a pleasure to see my avg. mpg hover around 24 after getting around 17 mpg with the Infiniti. It seems to be worth the extra $6000.00 more than the comparably equipped Accord or Camry."

Decent sports sedan for the money

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Tech stuff, styling, available amenities"

Cons: "Transmission "feel", back seat space, cost"

"The salesperson touted the CVT as the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've driven it for a couple of years, I'm not sure that I agree. The car has plenty of power but the transmission simply feels "awkward." Back seat passengers will be uncomfortable on longer drives. I love the tech. The "Music Box" feature that allows you to record every CD inserted into the player for future playback from internal memory is awesome. No need to carry CDs around in the car anymore. There are many features usually found in higher-priced sedans (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc) that are wonderful but a Nissan will never be a substitute for any of those cars."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"We purchased this car in september of 2008. It's been an amazing car. It has not givin us any trouble at all. We have put 153,000 miles on it and it still runs prefect. All you need to do is do all the maintenance to it. And it will run great"

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

This is the best car I have ever owned !

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Pricy but worth it."

Cons: "No tint on windows had done myself"

"I love this car, it has every option I could ever want or need. The features are very easy to learn, it is so fun and comfortable to drive. The appearance is sleek and gorgeous, interior is comfortable and also attractive. This is my first Maxima and I will buy another one when I am done with this one. The reason I bought this car is because my boss has one, he let me test drive his and I fell in love with it and had to get one of my own."

Like driving the car for the first time everytime.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, comfort and looks"

Cons: "no back seat power outlet, panal soft"

"Long trips, short trips, they are are fun. The heated wheel is a must for any future car for sure. I do irritated that everytime you turn off the car the temp controls reset to 75 degrees, so short errends it does become irritating to have to reset the temp and fan. under where the seat belt comes out of the side is becoming worn from taking the seat belt off and the metal hitting the panal. Wonder what that will look like in a couple of years owning the car. There is a lot of room in the trunk and driving is a great experience. My wife loves the car as well. I usually don't keep cars long, maybe 2 years tops but this one will be with us for a while is my guess. My step daughter is 11 and wants me to keep the car until she is able to drive... enough said..."

excellent car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have a 2010 Maxima SV Sports Package with Nav. and Tech Pkg. This is one great car. It has great acceleration and nice heft-it can really move without the feeling of losing control because of being too light. There are more features than I use, but now I'm spoiled for the one's I've grown accustomed to, namely heated seats/steering wheel, comfortable leather seating, rear camera w/auto-lowering side mirrors when reversing, in-dash nav. with a hard drive storage for music-no more cd's sliding in the car. The ONLY downside is, with the smart key, a remote starter is REALLY expensive to have installed-they come in handy in cold climates."