2013 Nissan Maxima Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,364 - $29,397.

10/7.5

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Superior auto.Great value compared to BMW,MB, Aud

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I have a 2010, bought new. I looked at Audi A4, BMW 325.....they can't compare. I paid $30,900 with the premium package. A comparable brimmer or Audi would have run close to $45,000! I have 46,000 miles and not one compliant . I would buy another one in a heartbeat"

Very nice car! CVT is wildly miss understood.

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, power, cockpit layout, CVT"

Cons: "No remote start, paddle shift option is pointless"

"I really like my 2011 Maxima SV, mainly because of it's comfort and power. The CVT is wildly miss understood by "professionals and or car enthusiast". The paddle shifters were added for these people so they can "shift through the gears", pointless! There are no gears in a CVT, but there is a near infinite number of effective gear ratios available. Near infinite would be way more than 6 gears by the way (that's for the professional reviewers/car enthusiast out there that give this car a poor review, because they don't understand how a CVT works). When you want to pass, this car responds faster than any car I have ever driven (*). It will hold you in a optimal power band and keep the car accelerating with a nice powerful sound coming from under the hood. Electronics are slightly dated but very functional. Heated steering wheel is really nice on a cold Wisconsin night. For summer the cooled drivers seat is very nice also. It's a very comfortable 4 - 5 passenger car with a sports car feel. Don't get me wrong people there are plenty of cars out there with more speed and power, but not for the price. * Cars I have driven; 2012 Ford Taurus SHO, 2011 Audi A4, Volvo S60, and a 2012 Mercedes C300."

Amazing sprty family sedan

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Quick, smooth acceleration, fantastic interior"

"Put about 9000 miles on my 2011 Nissan Maxima SV Sport with Tech package so far. Drove several of it's competitors like the VW CC, G37, 300M, Taurus SHO, but found the Maxima to be slightly superior overall for the cost. Car gets great overall gas mileage so far, about 25mpg combined, but on long freeway trips can hit 30mpg which is great for a near 300hp car. Handling is very good which is aided by excellent fantastic steering feeling and weight. Car stays flat when cornering with the sport package without being harsh like a full on sports car. Interior quality is as good as the Infinity/VW competitors and the Nav package is one of the best available. Ride is nice and quiet. Not a single issue with the car so far and it gets tons of attention since in my area there are not many of them around. Overall I am very satisfied."

Big Bang for alot coin, you get what you pay for

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Roomy - Fast - comfort - nice looking -"

Cons: "Price"

"My wife and I debated and researched almost a month on several cars, make//models// between BMW 5 series//Infinity M series//of course Lexus etc., before we pulled the trigger on this BEAST. Now there's way too much to list why we love this car but let me say the most important thing when it comes to buying this car, at least for us. Weather you decide to get the SV Value package or the Premium package will make a huge difference in your experience with this car. Allow me to explain, Nissan knew what they were doing when they offered the Value package because that’s what exactly what you’re going to get value. Outside from heated leather seats & sound system that’s about it and Nissan held back all the goodies for the Premium package. The upgraded package is pricey but is must have if you like memory seats /power steering wheel settings/USB connection/NAV/voice activation panel/larger console screen color/ panoramic sun roof is awesome. Just compare two packages online then test drive the value package first then one with the premium package, and then ask which package is for me. One last thing I want to add is if I didn’t put down a good size down with a low APR and Nissan incentives 5 grand I personally would of passed on this vehicle cause of the price but if you can make it work within your budget you won’t regret it. Car drives and looks great and power is almost ridiculous. Our Maxima is Named Boss Lady >Color Black on Black"

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Engine power, interior quality"

Cons: "CVT transmission seems a bit sluggish at times,"

"I bought this car new and have put quite a few miles on it in the 3+ years I've owned it. I have not had a single problem with it. I love the look and feel of the car! I have the SV model with the Sport package, so I have the bluetooth which is very handy. I would highly recommend this car to anyone! I would say my only knock against it would be the CVT transmission seems geared for fuel economy unless you're in sport mode. Usually, that's a good thing, but sometimes I want a little more response without having to put the car in sport mode. I owned a 2000 Maxima before this one. Had 170,000 miles on it and not a single problem!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25