2012 Nissan Maxima

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

excellent car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have a 2010 Maxima SV Sports Package with Nav. and Tech Pkg. This is one great car. It has great acceleration and nice heft-it can really move without the feeling of losing control because of being too light. There are more features than I use, but now I'm spoiled for the one's I've grown accustomed to, namely heated seats/steering wheel, comfortable leather seating, rear camera w/auto-lowering side mirrors when reversing, in-dash nav. with a hard drive storage for music-no more cd's sliding in the car. The ONLY downside is, with the smart key, a remote starter is REALLY expensive to have installed-they come in handy in cold climates."

Loving my new Maxima!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Stereo, Heated Steering Wheel"

Cons: "the placement of the window buttons"

"This is the first car I have bought on my own. Needless to say, I did my reasearch. The 2011 Maxima has exceeded my expectations. I love the navigation with the XM road condition and weather updates. The cold weather package is so nice. The seats heat up quickly as does the steering wheel. Now I don't know what I did without a heated steering wheel! It is big enough to be comfortable on long road trips but it also a lot fun to drive! Mine is Crimson Black and the color is beautiful. It looks black but in the sun has a bit of cherry-colored sparkle. I get compliments and turn heads everywhere I go."

Wonderful car!

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"When I first saw a picture of the 2009 Maxima on my monthly billing statement, I knew I had to have it! Prior to this vehicle I owned the 2007 model. Though I love the sleek design and the performance of this car, I have to admit the quality and the price of the 2007 model made it a much better buy. The paint job is of poor quality and chips easily around the hood and trunk of the car. Not to mention My 2007 model was less expensive and I had more options!"

2014 Maxima SV

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pros: "Great performance milage is great ride great"

Cons: "A little better luxury inside metttalic paint etc"

January 2015

"I had this car for 14 months great power great features average gas is easy 26mpg I had as high as 32Mpg on interstate keeping it around 65 -68 Mph When i use 91 octane in spring or summer i usually get 28 Mpg Very Good Handling I do wish they would not have some cheap plastic inside could use some better luxury items but features are very good SX radio sound system looks plenty of power I'm glad i got this Maxima Good car Period Had a 96 Maxima 20 years ago had over 100 Thousand miles great service & still sold it for 6500$ 8 years later !"

January 2015