2012 Nissan Maxima

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

excellent car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have a 2010 Maxima SV Sports Package with Nav. and Tech Pkg. This is one great car. It has great acceleration and nice heft-it can really move without the feeling of losing control because of being too light. There are more features than I use, but now I'm spoiled for the one's I've grown accustomed to, namely heated seats/steering wheel, comfortable leather seating, rear camera w/auto-lowering side mirrors when reversing, in-dash nav. with a hard drive storage for music-no more cd's sliding in the car. The ONLY downside is, with the smart key, a remote starter is REALLY expensive to have installed-they come in handy in cold climates."

Loving my new Maxima!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Stereo, Heated Steering Wheel"

Cons: "the placement of the window buttons"

"This is the first car I have bought on my own. Needless to say, I did my reasearch. The 2011 Maxima has exceeded my expectations. I love the navigation with the XM road condition and weather updates. The cold weather package is so nice. The seats heat up quickly as does the steering wheel. Now I don't know what I did without a heated steering wheel! It is big enough to be comfortable on long road trips but it also a lot fun to drive! Mine is Crimson Black and the color is beautiful. It looks black but in the sun has a bit of cherry-colored sparkle. I get compliments and turn heads everywhere I go."

Wonderful car!

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"When I first saw a picture of the 2009 Maxima on my monthly billing statement, I knew I had to have it! Prior to this vehicle I owned the 2007 model. Though I love the sleek design and the performance of this car, I have to admit the quality and the price of the 2007 model made it a much better buy. The paint job is of poor quality and chips easily around the hood and trunk of the car. Not to mention My 2007 model was less expensive and I had more options!"

2014 Maxima SV

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pros: "Great performance milage is great ride great"

Cons: "A little better luxury inside metttalic paint etc"

January 2015

"I had this car for 14 months great power great features average gas is easy 26mpg I had as high as 32Mpg on interstate keeping it around 65 -68 Mph When i use 91 octane in spring or summer i usually get 28 Mpg Very Good Handling I do wish they would not have some cheap plastic inside could use some better luxury items but features are very good SX radio sound system looks plenty of power I'm glad i got this Maxima Good car Period Had a 96 Maxima 20 years ago had over 100 Thousand miles great service & still sold it for 6500$ 8 years later !"

January 2015

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."

Awesome looks, great detail , powerful acceleratio

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "great price for the money, luxury at its best"

Cons: "No sun glass holder with the premiun package"

"Own a 2009 altiman 2.5sl , really loved to drive that car. Nissan had a great rebate in Jan, of $5500.00 on the maxima with a total 0f $10,240 ofF the sticker price ,with that got the car for under $30,000 with that I purchase the sv with the premium package and so far am so happy that I did, the car is that and more . It is eveything that it is gear up to be. with the comfort,handling ,smoothnest it is out of the park.All my family and friends are amased that it is a sports car, it however looks feels and drives like a luxury car , well done Nissan."

2012 Maxima S: Sharp inside and out

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Pros: Sharpest car on the road; Sweet understated grille; high-quality interior; smooth transmission; handles excellent; Cheaper alternative to more pretentious brands (BMW); Door-unlocking button on outside handle is ingenious (if you have key in your pocket all you have to do is touch a small button on the handle); great acceleration; pretty tight steering Cons: Base stereo sound is just okay; auxiliary input jack location could be better; climate controls placement (just under lcd screen) are hard to reach if you are tall like me (6'3) and have to have the seat far back Overall: love it, so sharp"

Best ever

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "fun, fast, family car"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor"

"I owned a Lexus but driving it was like a shot of novocaine...you didn't feel anything but boredom. After passing a Nissan dealer I did a quick U-ey and said to myself..."self-it's time". After a quick test drive I knew it was for me. The Maxima was superb. The acceleration was a blast. The roadholding and handling was perfect. It felt heavy but not too big. The interior was impressive and the premium package was just as good as any BMRRRR or Benzz-the-wrong-way...for tens of thousands of dollars less, better reliabilty, and far less maintenance than the Kraut-mobiles. After 25,000 miles I still have a big grin every time I drive it."

Great car. Great options.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Great power. Super quiet cabin."

Cons: "Price with all options..."

"Ideal car for long trips and everyday driving. Its the best car if you get all the options."

Bang!!! for the buck

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Looks cool"

Cons: "Stock tires are just fair"

"1st and foremost the Maxima is super FAST and COOL looking. CVT is smooth as silk and delivers good gas mileage while emitting lecherous growl. Maxima has great lines period. It looks 10 times better in person than in pictures. Rear angle looks great. The subtle rear spoiler and rear overall design is unmatched. Super cool LED rear and stop tailights."

A Great Car

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I have been extremely happy with my Maxima. I have the sport package and the ride and performance has been outstanding. I have not had one issue with my car (knock on wood) and would highly recommend this car. I was going to buy a Lexus or Acura but after a test drive, the styling and performance of the Maxima won me over. It's a great looking car and when I purchased it in May of 2010 there weren't a lot of them on the road and I got compliments all the time. There are a lot more on the road now and with good reason. It has every feature that all the luxury cars have, a sportier, sexier look, and at a price the other guys wouldn't touch."

Made for the road, but looks great in the driveway

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun, fast and sexy"

Cons: "Get a radar detector"

"This car is made to be driven. I've had mine for over two years now and love it, love it, love it. My poor motorcycle is lonely now, because I enjoy driving this car so much. If you've owned or driven a Maxima prior to this model, throw all of your opinions out the window. This is a completely different car. I've owned 2004 and 2008 models...wow what a difference! If you drive slow, don't buy this car...it's not for you. Tech Package - Outstanding! CVT Transmission - Outstanding! Slap Stick Manual/Auto - Outstanding! Acceleration - Great! (jumps off the line) Handling - Outstanding! (incredible turn radius) Keyless Entry and Push button start - Outstanding! I've had more looks, stares, comments (direct and indirect) with this car than any other. It is insurance classified as a sports car, but it drives like one too (keeping in mind that it is in fact still a sedan). If you like to drive...buy this car."

Fantastic car

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, loaded with options for the price; great styling"

Cons: "front wheel drive, steering torques to the left when you really punch it; prem gas req"

"My first Maxima (2010). Absolutely love the new style and the CVT is sooooo smooth. The front fenders and back-up camera take some getting use to. The ride is comfortable and the seats and steering wheel can be adjusted in so many combinations. I get 26 mph even with my foot in it. Most of my driving is a combination of highway and country/urban roads. Still has the punch at 80 if you need it. The OEM tires hang in the curves and at this time I have 40k on them with good tread remaining. Oil changes don't have to cost $100, I opt out of the balance and rotation since I can get balancing done at a tire store cheaper and rotation is free at a national tire store."

Almost Perfect!

By on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"I bought my 2010 Maxima in November of 2010 on a lease. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. The day after I got it, I raced my buddy in a 2004 Mustang GT, and he was very dissapointed with the results. Gas Mileage wasn't the greatest, but that's my fault. I can't seem to keep my foot off the gas pedal. I did add K&N's Typhoon Cold Air Intake, and that helped out with gas mileage when I take it easy, and adds a bit of power when I feel catty. Also, the sound is MUCH improved over stock. All in all, this car is just a beautiful design. I would like to have the same car in a 6-speed and RWD, but the CVT is a big improvement over a traditional automatic."

Awesome sedan!

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I own a 2011 Maxima SV Sport with Tech package. Having tested the Acura TL, VW CC R-line and Infinity G37. The amount of car you get for the money with the Maxima, plus it's excellent visual appeal, trumps the others. Overall I liked the G37 best, but for the same features, it would have cost me $5k more. One plus is that you can deal on the Maxima. MSRP was $40500 on mine, I paid $33500. Fully loaded, every sport package option including sport package and trunk organizer. Performance is great, almost no torque steer, handles flat and excellent acceleration with the 3.5L V6 (same spec as the old 350Z). CVT is excellent and very smooth and responds perfect to acceleration needs. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds is plenty quick. Interior materials are excellent and about on par with the Infinity and Acura. Car is very quiet. Overall, very impressed. Also been averaging 25mpg in mixed driving. Very respectable mileage."

Performance 4 door sedan

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"first maxima i owned was a 1996! it had 190k and we put another 35k on it! still ran great. but cash for clunker was too good of a deal to pass up so got the new 2009 maxima. great car all around only issue i have is alignment issue the steering is really sensitive and for everyday commute its great so long as you don't have to deal with big pot holes which most states are having hard time fixing due to budget issue and extreme weather condition. its less than 2yrs old and we already have put 40k on it. took it it to several long trips and have been really happy with the performance fuel efficiency for a V6 even though it requires premium fuel!"

Best Maxima so Far

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"Excellent car, great price, I have own Audi, BMW and Maximas before, this car is the best for the money so far."

HAppy with decision over 530i

By on Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I was put in a position to remove one of my cars (I had a Volvo S80 T6 and a Saab convertible) when the youngest family member got his license. I chose to sell both and move myself into a car that I would really be happy with. I eliminated used SUV choices (FX35/45, MDX) and some car choices (ES350). I finally chose the MAxima over a 2007 BMW 530i. The key decisions in my factor were 1) watching the dealership bring the 530 back to BMW to fix multiple things under warranty that were so goofy you couldn't believe 2) the wonderful feel, fit, power of the maxima and 3) the great finance rates for the maxima. I chose a crimson black sv with black interior, leather, bose, rear camera (which works really well when you parallel park!!). The trunk is big and able to haul at least 8 bags of mulch. I miss my turbo boost, but the power of this car is excellent! I grew up on Nissan as a kid, steered away for the last 20 years... but I am back!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"We purchased the Maxima Sport SV almost a year ago and have taken several driving trips out of state. We love the vehicle. It has the feel of a luxury car with great performance and has plenty of power with the 290 HP engine. We could not have made a better purchase. Absolutely the best vehicle we have ever owned."

Love this car

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I dont actually own this car yet. Funny story. My lease is up in two months on my saab and wasnt really considering the Maxima until I rented one in Florida for 4 days last wee. I loved it. Everything in the review weere rigt on. I couldnt wait to get in it eveyday. long story short. Got home on Monday made lots of calls, got my best price and am picking up my new maxima tomorrow. Really hanging my patriotic hat on what that one review said about it being American built. especially here in Detroit. Cant wait to get my brand new American made Nissan maxima."

Classy ride

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Love the style, love the ride, love the features of the premium and navigation packages. My 6'5" boyfriend is comfortable with plenty of room so it is a winner with him! He loves the get up and go as well. I was shopping for the Infiniti G37 but saved about $10,000 with the Maxima. I'm a very satisfied owner."

WOW

By on Friday, August 1, 2008

"I had a 2006 MAX and loved it, but when I saw the 2009 I had to have it! Even thought it was alittle bit more expensive (this one has all the bells and bling) it was worth every penny. The 2009 puts it in the same class as a BENZ, LEXIS or BMW. It is pure fun and enjoyment to drive my 2009 MAX."