2012 Nissan Maxima

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Great Ride and Value

By on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pros: "fun, great value, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Super powerful, tight to the road and good looking. 80K and never a problem. On long drives you feel like you been sitting in a lounge chair, very comfortable. Fun to drive as well. Only downside is the lack of technology sync for phone and somewhat not so great fuel economy."

2014 Maxima SV

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pros: "Great performance milage is great ride great"

Cons: "A little better luxury inside metttalic paint etc"

January 2015

"I had this car for 14 months great power great features average gas is easy 26mpg I had as high as 32Mpg on interstate keeping it around 65 -68 Mph When i use 91 octane in spring or summer i usually get 28 Mpg Very Good Handling I do wish they would not have some cheap plastic inside could use some better luxury items but features are very good SX radio sound system looks plenty of power I'm glad i got this Maxima Good car Period Had a 96 Maxima 20 years ago had over 100 Thousand miles great service & still sold it for 6500$ 8 years later !"

January 2015

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."