2012 Nissan Maxima

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Maxima Ever

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to dive. Great power"

"This is my third maxima and the best one that I have owned by far. I love the sport package and styling. The 290 hp engine is very responsive."

Decent sports sedan for the money

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Tech stuff, styling, available amenities"

Cons: "Transmission "feel", back seat space, cost"

"The salesperson touted the CVT as the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've driven it for a couple of years, I'm not sure that I agree. The car has plenty of power but the transmission simply feels "awkward." Back seat passengers will be uncomfortable on longer drives. I love the tech. The "Music Box" feature that allows you to record every CD inserted into the player for future playback from internal memory is awesome. No need to carry CDs around in the car anymore. There are many features usually found in higher-priced sedans (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc) that are wonderful but a Nissan will never be a substitute for any of those cars."

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

This car is an awesome sports cruiser !!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Ride, Looks, Handling, Creature Comforts, Etc...."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet ..."

"About a year has passed and we are very pleased with our 2011 Maxima. It does not have the Sport Suspension. The Sport pkg rode a little rougher than we wanted for a cruiser. I put Michelin Sport A/S tires on it to quiet things down a bit and received an improvement in handling and ride comfort. Also road noise went down a tad. Not that the stock ride and sound levels were bad. I just know that the factory puts on good tires not great tires and I wanted the most out of my car. Everytime I get into this car I'm impressed by the looks we get, the power it has and how well it handles. Not to mention the gas mileage on long road trips exceeds 30mpg if you go the speed limit or a tad over. This is more car than most people need. However, it is everything I want. Yeah, it would be nice if it got 50mpg. However, if that meant I'd get less performance or cost more money; I'd pass. It looks to me like a hybrid of this car would be a $15k-20K upcharge to cover the cost of the hybrid systems. You can buy a lot of gas for $15,000.00"