2011 Nissan Maxima

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Maxima Ever

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Fun to dive. Great power"

"This is my third maxima and the best one that I have owned by far. I love the sport package and styling. The 290 hp engine is very responsive."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"I have owned this car for just over a year. I have just over 22,000 Kilometers and have had no issues. This car is fun to drive, handles great and has more than enough power. This car was about the same price as the Infiniti G37 so a few people questioned as to why I did not buy the G37. These are two totally different cars. The Maxima is larger, has a better ride (the G37 is a sports car) and the Maxima had some options I liked better (the glass top roof). The CVT is so smooth that you never feel a shift which is the one thing I love about this car. The G37 with it's 7 speed transmission did not appeal to me as it was constantly shifting. Some reviews I read critisized Nissan for not offering a manual transmission...are you kidding me! I cannot see a Maxima buyer wanting a Manual transmission. I have owned over 25 cars in my lifetime and this Maxima is in the top 3."

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

This car is an awesome sports cruiser !!!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Ride, Looks, Handling, Creature Comforts, Etc...."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet ..."

"About a year has passed and we are very pleased with our 2011 Maxima. It does not have the Sport Suspension. The Sport pkg rode a little rougher than we wanted for a cruiser. I put Michelin Sport A/S tires on it to quiet things down a bit and received an improvement in handling and ride comfort. Also road noise went down a tad. Not that the stock ride and sound levels were bad. I just know that the factory puts on good tires not great tires and I wanted the most out of my car. Everytime I get into this car I'm impressed by the looks we get, the power it has and how well it handles. Not to mention the gas mileage on long road trips exceeds 30mpg if you go the speed limit or a tad over. This is more car than most people need. However, it is everything I want. Yeah, it would be nice if it got 50mpg. However, if that meant I'd get less performance or cost more money; I'd pass. It looks to me like a hybrid of this car would be a $15k-20K upcharge to cover the cost of the hybrid systems. You can buy a lot of gas for $15,000.00"

Like driving the car for the first time everytime.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, comfort and looks"

Cons: "no back seat power outlet, panal soft"

"Long trips, short trips, they are are fun. The heated wheel is a must for any future car for sure. I do irritated that everytime you turn off the car the temp controls reset to 75 degrees, so short errends it does become irritating to have to reset the temp and fan. under where the seat belt comes out of the side is becoming worn from taking the seat belt off and the metal hitting the panal. Wonder what that will look like in a couple of years owning the car. There is a lot of room in the trunk and driving is a great experience. My wife loves the car as well. I usually don't keep cars long, maybe 2 years tops but this one will be with us for a while is my guess. My step daughter is 11 and wants me to keep the car until she is able to drive... enough said..."

Great Ride and Value

By on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pros: "fun, great value, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Super powerful, tight to the road and good looking. 80K and never a problem. On long drives you feel like you been sitting in a lounge chair, very comfortable. Fun to drive as well. Only downside is the lack of technology sync for phone and somewhat not so great fuel economy."

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

excellent car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have a 2010 Maxima SV Sports Package with Nav. and Tech Pkg. This is one great car. It has great acceleration and nice heft-it can really move without the feeling of losing control because of being too light. There are more features than I use, but now I'm spoiled for the one's I've grown accustomed to, namely heated seats/steering wheel, comfortable leather seating, rear camera w/auto-lowering side mirrors when reversing, in-dash nav. with a hard drive storage for music-no more cd's sliding in the car. The ONLY downside is, with the smart key, a remote starter is REALLY expensive to have installed-they come in handy in cold climates."

Loving my new Maxima!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great Stereo, Heated Steering Wheel"

Cons: "the placement of the window buttons"

"This is the first car I have bought on my own. Needless to say, I did my reasearch. The 2011 Maxima has exceeded my expectations. I love the navigation with the XM road condition and weather updates. The cold weather package is so nice. The seats heat up quickly as does the steering wheel. Now I don't know what I did without a heated steering wheel! It is big enough to be comfortable on long road trips but it also a lot fun to drive! Mine is Crimson Black and the color is beautiful. It looks black but in the sun has a bit of cherry-colored sparkle. I get compliments and turn heads everywhere I go."