2011 Nissan Maxima

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Top performer inside and out!

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

Pros: "Richly appointed, stylish, Sports Sedan"

"This is a car that I never considered while buying a car. I test drove Cadillacs, Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, and Honda Accord. The day I bought the Nissan Maxima sv Premium, I was driving to look at my 2nd Avalon (100 miles from home). I didn,t like it and the salesman started checking his inventory with no results. I started to get up to leave and he said hold up, I have 1 more car you may be interested in. He walked over to another sales rep, which handed over some keys and told me to meet him in the front of the dealership. He pulled up in The Maxima and said how do you like this? I didn;t say anything, just walked around looking at it's bold and meaty front end yet sleek body style, perfect curves and shapes, with just the right amount of trim. The rear spoiler and Big dual exhaust tells you I'm ready to rock and roll! Then I looked inside! The black leather with red stitching, the dashboard, and console all black was top notch. When you sit in the drivers seat you are surrounded by the word Control, and you feel good! From the navigation, streamlining down through the controls to the console to armrest with shifter in the perfect position. The dashboard was loaded with information along with the navigation screen. Now the performance test. I never heard of a cvt tranny so obviously I never drove one. As I took off, the salesman told me to really drive it so I did. I Hit it hard and the car leaped out quickly and then it kinda sounded like the transmission was slipping but without hesitation it shot out smooth and MEAN, with no effort, which really confused me, and the roar of the motor, it reminded me of my muscle car days only with control I never thought I'd see in my day. My Cadillac STS was nice, along with my Charger R/T with a hemi, but neither compares to this car. 14.2 qt mile stock! Impressive for a sedan and YES I will say it is a Sport sedan, because it Runs and Handles as Bold and Beautiful as it stands. It is a smooth, active, quiet ride with a rich luxurious interior. The car Screams at you to go driving!"

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."