2011 Nissan Maxima

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Terrific car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great looking, classy, fun to drive"

Cons: "no day running lights, placement of mirror control"

"This is a terrific car in appearance and performance. Great to drive. The amenities are super. My only complaint is low city mileage, no day running lights and the placement of the side mirror controls. Otherwise it's wonderful."

This car is fabulous±!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "no value for the money"

Cons: "'extremely no value for the money"

"This car is one of the best vehicles that I've ever driven!! It handles very well! It is one of the most exciting vehicles that I've ever driven and owned. The sad news is that it doesn't hold it's value at all!!!!! Don't buy one11111"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

"I love this car - the ONLY reason I am thinking of selling it is due to the gas mileage. I commute 130 miles a day and gas is killing me, but otherwise this is truly one of the best cars I have ever owned! It is comfortable - easy and fun to drive and powerful! The thought of getting into a 4 cyl is driving me nuts!!"

Apretty cool car with a few exceptions.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"This car is a nice looking car and has lots of power, but for the money - close to $50K - lacks some basic items - it has no compass, it has no side warnings (car coming up beside you in blind spot), and the passenger seat won't raise and is low to the floor so hard to see if you're short. Nav system has never worked right - gives wrong driving directions. The blue tooth is very hard to figure out - the service dept at my local dealership can't even figure it out."

GREAT DRIVING CAR, COMFORTABLE, SEATS BEST EVER.

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE, FUN TO DRIVE, COMFORT"

Cons: "NONE YET"

"WOULD BUY AGAIN"

Awesome car!!!

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Style, handling"

Cons: "Back seat space and mirror adjuster"

"Overall i think the Maxima is a very good car. It's fun to drive, It handles well, and the freeway drive is amazing (the freeway to me, is where you can see just how much power it has). The look of the car is also eye catching. All i did was add limo tent and it was a show stopper. Always get compliments. No problems with the car owned since January 2012 with 42,000 hard miles on it (I am hard on cars). I would have to say that the back seat is the biggest down fall it is hard to fit three adults in the back, the car seats four comfortably. First time nissan buyer convinced!"

e

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive with a smooth ride"

Cons: "no sunglass holder, passenger seat not comfortable"

"My Nissan maxima SV car has all the bells and whistles that could be on a car. I enjoy them all. I do not like the tires. Should have tires such as Michelin for a quieter and smoother ride. I have purchased several Nissan maxima since 1985 and also 3 murano since 2006. I would like an infiniti but hard to give up the Nissan car and Nissan SUV for the price of the infiniti SUV."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No problems in 93000 mi"

"Previous Lexus owner this car blew it away faster,better pickup Great looks"

THE 2ND OWNER OF A MAXIMA

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Dual sunroof, better fit and finish, ride, quiet,"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"this car might be out of style now but love the ride gives me anytime. It's comfortable in plenty of seat support it drives smooth having a quiet 290 engine in its class. I got the SV Premium got a perfect deal in financing and special rebate on my Maxima drove off the dealers lot in my shining new car. Maxima is fully loaded in a navigation system, the blue tooth hands free works absolutely best on crystal clear voice recognition and USB ports are great with audio system that is best with a custom-tuned Bose stereo. This vehicle handles well better than a 2005 Maxima SE I owned since brand new even love the options more a luxury car instead a plain bland interior my older had since no issues out the 2005 traded on a more upgraded model it was well taken care of with all fluids and scheduled oil changes on time by dealership now love my newer model even more because its a smoother cruiser on highways like the sport mode/paddle shifters very fun driving on a trip from Boston to Brooklyn NY this car was great on a quiet ride with all the options even navigation helped on roads and destination on the distance. LUV MY MAXIMA hope will last longer than my 2005 model traded on new model because it was reliable for 9 years getting money worth from it."

Great Premium Sedan

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "cheaper, cooled and heated seats, controls,"

"I drove a Acura product for 18 years now they all have been greatest cars ever but decided it was time to narrow it down on another brand. Looked at luxury vehicles from Toyota Avalon, Lexus ES350 and Nissan Maxima. Chose the Nissan because was best in priced and cheaper in luxury with everything being great on a special rebate. The Maxima handles smooth its quiet for a midsize premium sedan. Overall what I like about this car is all the options that were best on a perfect price I paid on the Maxima has Bose stereo, blue tooth, navigation system, paddle shifters, cooled and heated dual power seats, 18'' wheels on Premium model includes rear spoiler and HID High Intensity xenon headlights all these features currently available wasn't bad on window sticker. Its very comfortable on excellent support in seats and performance is great in giving responsive ride to car. When giving more power to a 290 horsepower has the acceleration just effortless on a smooth throttle response have out my car. I never owned Nissan products before but now after driving Acura's for many years I'm pretty much pleased with this flagship sedan on everything without being pricey bought cars from $30,000-$40,000 they bit higher than Maxima but love the car on a great ride. I've checked on rebates and financing before bought this car after seeing was much cheaper decided try this vehicle on what kind of deal get from it but its the best vehicle yet."

Excellent experience with this car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "FW drive, brand (I'm a snob)"

"I love this car, but for the same money I could have had a luxury brand, e.g., Lexus ES."

This is our 2nd model

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfortable, features, dual moon roof"

Cons: "CVT, no blind spot, better gas mileage"

"We have been a long time Maxima owner our first one was a 1996 it lasted at 250,452 miles that vehicle had been well taken cared of with religiously maintained and oil changes only things went wrong were just minor. Bought an more upgraded model, it rides like a luxury car very great handling, fast quiet engine under a 290hp best performance get out of it is perfectly terrific. Features are outstanding includes navigation system, Bose stereo, USB port, cooled and heated seats, dual moon roof, steering controls, Bluetooth, high intensity HID discharge headlights, rearview camera, push button engine with intelligent key and more. It is comfortable on a adequate ride gives us when took a trip from North Carolina to Pennsylvania the Maxima had a great ride liked never before it was so powerful commuting on interstates, freeways and toll booths also got paddle shifters using the car in sport mode for more shifting feeling this automobile held the highways very tight. CVT is the first vehicle, ever driven car is smooth with a great ride but under acceleration can feel some jerky guess just a thing with continuously variable transmissions otherwise our Maxima is overall the best car ever purchased. Before making a new car purchased we looked at other upscale sedans as BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Ford, Mercedes and Maxima was our last on the list. When test drove it was fabulous on roads and interior materials were absolutely the perfect luxury automobile for us others was nice just didn't have that upscale performance like Maxima with SV premium its only 2 months old been literally driving a lot in this car only biggest concern gas mileage is not so great getting at least 20 mpg which requires couple fill ups from time to time in other model mpg was 28 but still love our newer model a steal! We are happy having another one in our driveway hope can last at 200K miles or more we're going to take care of this 2014 even more religiously keeping up the maintenance and oil changes on time as remanufactured guide recommends. It's quiet, seats are well best with headrest being best no issues on anything except gas mileage should be better."

Great Cars, But Cheap Quality from inside.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Value price, have lot of great gadget for the $$$$"

"I love my Nissan Maxima 2011 with Navigation Packages, but the inside quality is to many plastic instead of leather. When you pay over $40K, you expect to get very nice from inside and out quality. But still, I love it. I trade in a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T to get a Maxima."

Beautiful MAXMOBILE

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Cooled and heated seats, navigation, controls,"

Cons: "tight rear headroom"

"I love driving my maxmobile as a everyday vehicle its super fast and unique with lots of features. Car was bought having 3.5sv premium package with got bit more luxury to car. Love how it drives so well all the features and options were the best ever at a great price for Maxima. Bose stereo is best beats other factory stereos out of other cars includes USB port and 6 dash changer with iPod interface and Sirius satellite while get tired of my radio collection either switch to XM or hook my iPod through the device. Bluetooth and Navigation systems are very optional on how get crystal clear voice commands programming my iPhone its great as can listen to playlist of music using the USB port for it. The Maxima is an excellent performance automobile, faster and quieter the interior is firmed in great seating support even available with cooled and heated seats for summer or winter any choice can be more comfortable having a nice quieter ride driving anywhere. I love the intelligent key, xenon headlights, dual moon roof, wood trim dash around the controls and near console center. It rides more like a Cadillac with most responsive handling doesn't feel clumsy or goes off to right has perfect light steering feel every time I drive car its the best ever. Its a really beautiful luxury vehicle besides with cars as Chevy Impala, Dodge Charger, Volkswagen CC, Toyota Avalon, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Azera, Chrysler 300 and Kia Cadenza. Overall it gives sport or luxury feel to it getting either sport or premium packages anywhere would have a great ride I believe just pay little extra for the SV premium because has more top of the line features as sport package would give a sporty ride something like a Infiniti or BMW but I recommend buying the Maxima with both packages these cars are affordable and much better in reliability from other previous models that suffered trouble spots. The styling looks top of the line with LED lights, bulged up front fenders, refreshed grill, headlights, taillight lenses, 18 or 19'' wheels to sport or premium packages. Got 18'' wheels which make car have an much supple ride gives me on the highways even paddle shifters are neat too."

Wouldnt buy another

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "All the above"

"2012 Maxima SV, Premium (Mine), 2011 Nissan Versa (fiancé's).Worst new car purchases ever made. Nashville dealers are a joke. We have both dealt with all 3 on the north side of town, and left just equally aggravated as the other. We have had nothing but issues, both with car and the dealerships. The overall quality of the cars have plummeted. I have 37,000 miles on mine, fiancée has 32,000 on hers. Squeeks and rattles are common in and around the windshields, door pillars, and door panels. Definitely not OCD friendly. The climate control has quit working. The drivers seat has play in the drive mechanism, every time I brake or accelerate the seat goes moves on its track about an 1/8" and goes thunk. Impressive when you have execs with you on a business lunch. The impeccably maintained Maxima mileage has dropped to a best of 24.3, and that's on premium fuel. The dealerships act like your a criminal when you bring them back for service, questioning your intellect with every issue. Problem is, I owned a service center for quite a number of years, Have been deeply entrenched in Motorsports all my life, and have been a mechanical engineer for a tier one supplier for many years. I guess I kinda know what I'm talking about. Lesson learned and I will never grace the presence of a new Nissan again. Hey Nissan.....remember the reputation of the Datsun years?"

I really enjoy driving this car.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "total value"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"This is a wonderful vehicle for comfort, style, safety, and drivability. I love the push button locks and start features. The only drawback is the fule mileage, but other than that, it's all thumbs up."

4 DOOR SPORTS CAR

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "CVT, controllable seats, controls, panoramic roof"

Cons: "rear backseat room, better gas mileage"

"I bought this car new, CVT trans is overall smooth, comfortable, gas mileage could be have decent but still have plenty of performance even ride is solid. Car is beautiful, looks great, love the opts and features panoramic roof, navigation, Bose stereo, has everything on SV Premium package with few more luxury options that are included. 290hp engine is powerful while gives me a quiet smooth ride vehicle ever. Its roomier but headroom is bit cramped otherwise a great car for the money. Bluetooth and steering controls are pluses even capabilities are excellent with great devices on car. I highly recommend buying an Maxima for a luxury oriented sedan its cheaper than cars in the luxury contenders."

Excellent car rides smooth and no maintenance issu

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Very excellent car drive very well."

Cons: "only takes premium gas"

"Very excellent car drives very well and great features. No major maintenance issues."

my 2nd one

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Cons: "more quiet interior. ........"

"Great driving machine. ...."

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

Fast car, rough ride, tight interior space

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Fast! Beautiful! Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Rough ride, not family/baby friendly!"

"I own a 2010 Maxima S. I purchased it used in 2012. I was in my mid 20's and wanted a grown up car that still handled and looked sporty! This car is just that. It is fast, great on the highway accelerates well at high speeds. Do NOT buy this car if you are interested in good gas mileage, its common sense, it wants to go fast and so does the gas! I use regular, the dealer never mentioned putting premium in it. I didn't notice until the first time I had to fill it. I've never had an issue. Right front bering went up in the vehicle and I had a horrible experience with the dealership. Snooty, Rude, we were told it would take an hour took 3 hours. Not Pleased. Come on Nissan! When in the back seat the car is a horrible ride, noisy and not at all comfortable. Something about the traction control makes driving in the rain really just odd? The car over corrects tot he point you can feel it sway, even worse for the back passengers!! The beauty of the curves in this vehicle make the interior too small. We recently had a baby and this car is just not working. Trunk will not fit anything but her Chicco travel stroller, that itself is like putting together a puzzle. Overall it is a great car for adult use! I am sad to think about getting rid of it but it just isn't as family/baby friendly as I expected."

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

without a doubt thsi is the vey best MAX yet!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great car for family with great sports like feel"

Cons: "some what expensive"

"The car is simply amazing! It has luxury ride to a sport car feel, Performance, comfort and reliability is outrageous; handels like a luzury car with true sport car performance. Bottom line its not much less than my son's Audio 8; meaning the Audi is 2x thw cost of the Max but don't see justication for paying more than twice I pay for max. Finnally if performance you desire, yes the Audi is moore responsive but in my opinion not worth 2 1/2 times the cost"

4 Door Race Car

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "A real driving machine."

Cons: "Poor engineering for the 12 volt receptacles."

"My Nissan Maxima is a 4 door race car. It handles like a dream and throws your head back when you press the pedal. It's great on long trips and around town. The only faut I have found with the car is the location of the 12 volt accessory inputs. They are both in the center console and the problem is they are in the very bottom of the the change box and glove box. It makes it difficult to plug anything in without emptying out the compartements. The first week I had the car a micro sd card fell in to the 12 volt receptacle and I had to have the whole console removed. Aside from that the car is a dream. If you have a chance to own one.....go for it!"

One of the best cars for the money

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Many - see the main text"

Cons: "A few - see the main text"

"I leased this Maxima SV with Technology and Premium packages back in September 2011 and I've been really enjoying this car for the last two years. Back in 2011, I was actually looking at Acura TL as my previous car was a Honda Accord EX-L 3.5L, which I loved. But Acura TL didn't impress me and I just decided to take a look at a Maxima "while at it". But I was really impressed with all the great features it had to offer, which eventually made me get it. This is really a nice sporty car which allows you to both cruise comfortably and drive aggressively. Its looks are beautiful and still relevant. The interior is mostly great to look at and functional. I love most of its elements such as the perfect steering wheel, amazing seats, etc. but the middle console looks a bit under-designed. It's perfectly functional and easy to use but lacks the harmony that the rest of the car exudes. The car seems reliable but I’ve only done 23K miles; so it’s probably too early to make big statements here. So now some details on pros and cons. Pros: -- the seats are perfect. Great quality leather trim. Lumbar support is great. The thigh extension is just very useful and I now don't know how I can live without it. -- the seats are both heated (for both front seats) and cooled (for the driver only). This is tremendous for both cold and hot weather and I use both options - depending on the weather - almost non stop. -- there’s a great range and number of adjustments for the driver’s seat for any height -- the two-setting memory on the driver’s seat is a life saver. Every time I take my Maxima back from service – where they seem to be obligated to change the seat’s position – I simply press a button and it brings my seat, steering wheel and the side mirrors in their original positions how I set them in the first place – this is priceless. -- when you stop the car, the driver’s seat pulls back and the steering wheel goes up giving you more room to get out of the car. Conversely, when you start the car, both the seat and the wheel pull back in place – awesome! -- the steering wheel is really great. The leather trim on it is so well done and very nice to touch. I compared it to 5 other luxury models and I love Maxima’s the most. It also has a simple button to tilt it or pull back or forward – great feature; whereas in many other luxury brands you still have to release a handle and do this manually -- the engine coupled with the CVT is very dynamic and picks up at any speed. Acceleration is great, and at any rate of acceleration you don't feel as if the car is working too hard to do so. -- I also love the manual gear selection, which is available on both the shift stick itself and the paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel. -- when in sports mode, Maxima becomes even more aggressive and stays at higher RPM’s. -- the rearview camera is of very high quality - much better than the 5 other luxury brands I checked out Cons: -- it’s a bit more noisy than I wish. It’s probably because of its design which is great but at higher speeds the wind noise is rather pronounced. E.g., my wife’s Kia Optima is noticeably quieter. -- as mentioned, I am not psyched about the design of the middle console -- I was surprised to find out that the back seats do not fold down -- the CVT transmission is both good and bad. It certainly seems to accelerate the car very quickly and smoothly but it also seems to be a bit noisier -- I don’t like that the trunk lid doesn’t rise higher when released as it’s on the heavy side and takes some force to open and close So, this car, not without minor flaws, still keeps me excited. Now that it’s time to think of a change I find it very hard to find any good replacement with the same level of quality, comfort and features."

See if you qualify for