2011 Nissan Maxima

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

This is a great sport/luxury sedan

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, tight, looks good, fast."

Cons: "The Bose sound system is not great."

"Have had my 2011 Maxima for 3.5 years now. I've liked it from the start, and I like it more every day I drive it. It's still tight and feels/smells like new. MPG avg is over 25, and all highway is over 27. I do use premium gas which costs more, yet it a cleaner fuel and better for your engine long term. Powerful, smooth, quiet, and feels like it costs much more than $30k. The 3.5 liter V6 is in this car is nothing less than excellent. The CVT trans has never been a bother for me. I have no problems with it. Next car: The totally new Maxima which is coming out soon"

Let 'er eat

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"We've owned this car (2013 Max with premium, sport, and technology packages) for a couple of years now. Almost 25k miles and no mechanical problems to speak of. My wife is the primary driver and has a pretty light foot. When I get in to drive it however... I let 'er eat. I like to make sure all 290 horses are still present. And they are! It's a lot of fun to have refined power like that in a sporty sedan. Not a huge fan of CVT but I've grown to appreciate it. It really helps keep the torque right at the pedal, if that makes any sense. In other words, if you're driving along at 60mph and want to accelerate to 80mph, that process happens extremely quickly. Accelerating from a dead stop is also interesting but it's all RPM's man... The tach will instantly climb to the top and hang as the car accelerates from 0. It's a different feel. We opted for every option because the rebates were right. Glad we did as all of those options (including the cool undercarriage LED lights) help justify the higher price tag. Yes, I wish it had a manual and RWD but if we really wanted that, we would have paid $10k more for an Infiniti. Wasn't in the budget nor was the insurance cost for the Infiniti. The glass roof is awesome. The Bose stereo is amazing. Long trips in an incredibly comfortable, ventilated seat are great. We love this car and hope it lasts. I know several folks who have 2008+ Max's with 200k on them and no problems. That's encouraging as our last Max was an 2001 with 380k miles on it and still ran perfectly. You'll love the 2013 Max if you decide to get it. Just expect higher preventative maintenance costs (CVT tranny) and higher fuel costs (premium fuel required)."

great car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "great price drives like a dream"

Cons: "cant find any"

"great over all car well built great gas milage 28 city 34 highway better than I thought all the toys and for the price a great deal"

Absolute worst transmission in otherwise great car

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "good MPG, decent ride"

Cons: "Worst transmission I've ever owned"

"I have owned 8 new Nissan vehicles including this one all with manual transmissions except the 2010 Maxima. The transmission provides no engine braking when going down hill and over-revs the engine when accelerating. reminds me of an old Buick Dynaflow the way it tries to manage torque and power. On top or the other faults the transmission requires service ever 30000 miles or the warranty is void (read this as the 300$ added operating cost.) The traction control is so aggressive that the car will get stuck since you can not get the tires to even spin enough to dig itself out."

Great Vehicle , value for this car is great

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Value of car, and performance ."

Cons: "Front wheel drive , takes a little away ."

"2nd maxima I have owned, last one had 180,000 miles and kept driving like New !! Interior , exterior , comfort , and ride are Great !! Hate to mention this but only thing I would change on this Maxima is to make it a Rear Wheel a Drive!! Engine has great punch and would be better managed by rear wheel drive. Other than that , car is amazing !"

Best vehicle I have owned!!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"You get a lot of car for the money. There really isn't anything about the Maxima that I don't like. It's a great everyday driver."

Fun!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

"Quite possibly the best car I have ever owned. Fun to drive, powerful, nice looking. The interior is very classy. Exterior has great lines.."

Terrific car

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "great looking, classy, fun to drive"

Cons: "no day running lights, placement of mirror control"

"This is a terrific car in appearance and performance. Great to drive. The amenities are super. My only complaint is low city mileage, no day running lights and the placement of the side mirror controls. Otherwise it's wonderful."

This car is fabulous±!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "no value for the money"

Cons: "'extremely no value for the money"

"This car is one of the best vehicles that I've ever driven!! It handles very well! It is one of the most exciting vehicles that I've ever driven and owned. The sad news is that it doesn't hold it's value at all!!!!! Don't buy one11111"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

"I love this car - the ONLY reason I am thinking of selling it is due to the gas mileage. I commute 130 miles a day and gas is killing me, but otherwise this is truly one of the best cars I have ever owned! It is comfortable - easy and fun to drive and powerful! The thought of getting into a 4 cyl is driving me nuts!!"

Apretty cool car with a few exceptions.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"This car is a nice looking car and has lots of power, but for the money - close to $50K - lacks some basic items - it has no compass, it has no side warnings (car coming up beside you in blind spot), and the passenger seat won't raise and is low to the floor so hard to see if you're short. Nav system has never worked right - gives wrong driving directions. The blue tooth is very hard to figure out - the service dept at my local dealership can't even figure it out."

GREAT DRIVING CAR, COMFORTABLE, SEATS BEST EVER.

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE, FUN TO DRIVE, COMFORT"

Cons: "NONE YET"

"WOULD BUY AGAIN"

Awesome car!!!

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Style, handling"

Cons: "Back seat space and mirror adjuster"

"Overall i think the Maxima is a very good car. It's fun to drive, It handles well, and the freeway drive is amazing (the freeway to me, is where you can see just how much power it has). The look of the car is also eye catching. All i did was add limo tent and it was a show stopper. Always get compliments. No problems with the car owned since January 2012 with 42,000 hard miles on it (I am hard on cars). I would have to say that the back seat is the biggest down fall it is hard to fit three adults in the back, the car seats four comfortably. First time nissan buyer convinced!"

e

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive with a smooth ride"

Cons: "no sunglass holder, passenger seat not comfortable"

"My Nissan maxima SV car has all the bells and whistles that could be on a car. I enjoy them all. I do not like the tires. Should have tires such as Michelin for a quieter and smoother ride. I have purchased several Nissan maxima since 1985 and also 3 murano since 2006. I would like an infiniti but hard to give up the Nissan car and Nissan SUV for the price of the infiniti SUV."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No problems in 93000 mi"

"Previous Lexus owner this car blew it away faster,better pickup Great looks"

THE 2ND OWNER OF A MAXIMA

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Dual sunroof, better fit and finish, ride, quiet,"

Cons: "better gas mileage"

"this car might be out of style now but love the ride gives me anytime. It's comfortable in plenty of seat support it drives smooth having a quiet 290 engine in its class. I got the SV Premium got a perfect deal in financing and special rebate on my Maxima drove off the dealers lot in my shining new car. Maxima is fully loaded in a navigation system, the blue tooth hands free works absolutely best on crystal clear voice recognition and USB ports are great with audio system that is best with a custom-tuned Bose stereo. This vehicle handles well better than a 2005 Maxima SE I owned since brand new even love the options more a luxury car instead a plain bland interior my older had since no issues out the 2005 traded on a more upgraded model it was well taken care of with all fluids and scheduled oil changes on time by dealership now love my newer model even more because its a smoother cruiser on highways like the sport mode/paddle shifters very fun driving on a trip from Boston to Brooklyn NY this car was great on a quiet ride with all the options even navigation helped on roads and destination on the distance. LUV MY MAXIMA hope will last longer than my 2005 model traded on new model because it was reliable for 9 years getting money worth from it."

Great Premium Sedan

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "cheaper, cooled and heated seats, controls,"

"I drove a Acura product for 18 years now they all have been greatest cars ever but decided it was time to narrow it down on another brand. Looked at luxury vehicles from Toyota Avalon, Lexus ES350 and Nissan Maxima. Chose the Nissan because was best in priced and cheaper in luxury with everything being great on a special rebate. The Maxima handles smooth its quiet for a midsize premium sedan. Overall what I like about this car is all the options that were best on a perfect price I paid on the Maxima has Bose stereo, blue tooth, navigation system, paddle shifters, cooled and heated dual power seats, 18'' wheels on Premium model includes rear spoiler and HID High Intensity xenon headlights all these features currently available wasn't bad on window sticker. Its very comfortable on excellent support in seats and performance is great in giving responsive ride to car. When giving more power to a 290 horsepower has the acceleration just effortless on a smooth throttle response have out my car. I never owned Nissan products before but now after driving Acura's for many years I'm pretty much pleased with this flagship sedan on everything without being pricey bought cars from $30,000-$40,000 they bit higher than Maxima but love the car on a great ride. I've checked on rebates and financing before bought this car after seeing was much cheaper decided try this vehicle on what kind of deal get from it but its the best vehicle yet."

Excellent experience with this car

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "FW drive, brand (I'm a snob)"

"I love this car, but for the same money I could have had a luxury brand, e.g., Lexus ES."

This is our 2nd model

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfortable, features, dual moon roof"

Cons: "CVT, no blind spot, better gas mileage"

"We have been a long time Maxima owner our first one was a 1996 it lasted at 250,452 miles that vehicle had been well taken cared of with religiously maintained and oil changes only things went wrong were just minor. Bought an more upgraded model, it rides like a luxury car very great handling, fast quiet engine under a 290hp best performance get out of it is perfectly terrific. Features are outstanding includes navigation system, Bose stereo, USB port, cooled and heated seats, dual moon roof, steering controls, Bluetooth, high intensity HID discharge headlights, rearview camera, push button engine with intelligent key and more. It is comfortable on a adequate ride gives us when took a trip from North Carolina to Pennsylvania the Maxima had a great ride liked never before it was so powerful commuting on interstates, freeways and toll booths also got paddle shifters using the car in sport mode for more shifting feeling this automobile held the highways very tight. CVT is the first vehicle, ever driven car is smooth with a great ride but under acceleration can feel some jerky guess just a thing with continuously variable transmissions otherwise our Maxima is overall the best car ever purchased. Before making a new car purchased we looked at other upscale sedans as BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Ford, Mercedes and Maxima was our last on the list. When test drove it was fabulous on roads and interior materials were absolutely the perfect luxury automobile for us others was nice just didn't have that upscale performance like Maxima with SV premium its only 2 months old been literally driving a lot in this car only biggest concern gas mileage is not so great getting at least 20 mpg which requires couple fill ups from time to time in other model mpg was 28 but still love our newer model a steal! We are happy having another one in our driveway hope can last at 200K miles or more we're going to take care of this 2014 even more religiously keeping up the maintenance and oil changes on time as remanufactured guide recommends. It's quiet, seats are well best with headrest being best no issues on anything except gas mileage should be better."

Great Cars, But Cheap Quality from inside.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Value price, have lot of great gadget for the $$$$"

"I love my Nissan Maxima 2011 with Navigation Packages, but the inside quality is to many plastic instead of leather. When you pay over $40K, you expect to get very nice from inside and out quality. But still, I love it. I trade in a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T to get a Maxima."

Beautiful MAXMOBILE

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Cooled and heated seats, navigation, controls,"

Cons: "tight rear headroom"

"I love driving my maxmobile as a everyday vehicle its super fast and unique with lots of features. Car was bought having 3.5sv premium package with got bit more luxury to car. Love how it drives so well all the features and options were the best ever at a great price for Maxima. Bose stereo is best beats other factory stereos out of other cars includes USB port and 6 dash changer with iPod interface and Sirius satellite while get tired of my radio collection either switch to XM or hook my iPod through the device. Bluetooth and Navigation systems are very optional on how get crystal clear voice commands programming my iPhone its great as can listen to playlist of music using the USB port for it. The Maxima is an excellent performance automobile, faster and quieter the interior is firmed in great seating support even available with cooled and heated seats for summer or winter any choice can be more comfortable having a nice quieter ride driving anywhere. I love the intelligent key, xenon headlights, dual moon roof, wood trim dash around the controls and near console center. It rides more like a Cadillac with most responsive handling doesn't feel clumsy or goes off to right has perfect light steering feel every time I drive car its the best ever. Its a really beautiful luxury vehicle besides with cars as Chevy Impala, Dodge Charger, Volkswagen CC, Toyota Avalon, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Azera, Chrysler 300 and Kia Cadenza. Overall it gives sport or luxury feel to it getting either sport or premium packages anywhere would have a great ride I believe just pay little extra for the SV premium because has more top of the line features as sport package would give a sporty ride something like a Infiniti or BMW but I recommend buying the Maxima with both packages these cars are affordable and much better in reliability from other previous models that suffered trouble spots. The styling looks top of the line with LED lights, bulged up front fenders, refreshed grill, headlights, taillight lenses, 18 or 19'' wheels to sport or premium packages. Got 18'' wheels which make car have an much supple ride gives me on the highways even paddle shifters are neat too."

Wouldnt buy another

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "All the above"

"2012 Maxima SV, Premium (Mine), 2011 Nissan Versa (fiancé's).Worst new car purchases ever made. Nashville dealers are a joke. We have both dealt with all 3 on the north side of town, and left just equally aggravated as the other. We have had nothing but issues, both with car and the dealerships. The overall quality of the cars have plummeted. I have 37,000 miles on mine, fiancée has 32,000 on hers. Squeeks and rattles are common in and around the windshields, door pillars, and door panels. Definitely not OCD friendly. The climate control has quit working. The drivers seat has play in the drive mechanism, every time I brake or accelerate the seat goes moves on its track about an 1/8" and goes thunk. Impressive when you have execs with you on a business lunch. The impeccably maintained Maxima mileage has dropped to a best of 24.3, and that's on premium fuel. The dealerships act like your a criminal when you bring them back for service, questioning your intellect with every issue. Problem is, I owned a service center for quite a number of years, Have been deeply entrenched in Motorsports all my life, and have been a mechanical engineer for a tier one supplier for many years. I guess I kinda know what I'm talking about. Lesson learned and I will never grace the presence of a new Nissan again. Hey Nissan.....remember the reputation of the Datsun years?"

I really enjoy driving this car.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "total value"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"This is a wonderful vehicle for comfort, style, safety, and drivability. I love the push button locks and start features. The only drawback is the fule mileage, but other than that, it's all thumbs up."

4 DOOR SPORTS CAR

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "CVT, controllable seats, controls, panoramic roof"

Cons: "rear backseat room, better gas mileage"

"I bought this car new, CVT trans is overall smooth, comfortable, gas mileage could be have decent but still have plenty of performance even ride is solid. Car is beautiful, looks great, love the opts and features panoramic roof, navigation, Bose stereo, has everything on SV Premium package with few more luxury options that are included. 290hp engine is powerful while gives me a quiet smooth ride vehicle ever. Its roomier but headroom is bit cramped otherwise a great car for the money. Bluetooth and steering controls are pluses even capabilities are excellent with great devices on car. I highly recommend buying an Maxima for a luxury oriented sedan its cheaper than cars in the luxury contenders."

Excellent car rides smooth and no maintenance issu

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Very excellent car drive very well."

Cons: "only takes premium gas"

"Very excellent car drives very well and great features. No major maintenance issues."