2010 Nissan Maxima

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Fast

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "quick, nice upgraded interior,"

Cons: "low"

"Fully loaded, fun to drive."

Great car until the transmission went out!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks great and drives even better"

Cons: "transmission had to be replaced"

"I've bought Nissans for years and expected my 2009 Maxima to go the distance. I'm used to high miles and no problems. However, at 150,000 highway miles, my transmission went out. When I called around to get quotes to rebuild/replace, all the businesses said they would rebuild if Nissan motors would "release parts" but b/c they don't, I had to replace it completely. I was also told by these transmission folks that they've seen this alot with the 2009's. I have loved Nissans up until this point and after a very expensive repair, will never buy another one!"

Love it. Can see myself departing from this car.

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"Confortable, geat lines, fast and handles super on curves. Besides the fact that it looks like a million dollars car."

Very Reliable & Comfortable

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"2011 Maxima SV. sport package - 290HP I'm avg; 24.5 MPGs in mix every day California Traffic. And have gotten as high as 28 Hwy Driving. My Maxima has been trouble free now for 2years. 23Kmiles just oil and gas & tire rotation. That’s it. It drives smooth, more than enough passing power. Bose stereo is assume, Handling is like a 370Z. Leather seats are comfortable. Almost a perfect car..... Expect for one thing,....................CVT. Mix thoughs. The Pros of CVT: 1) It really does save gas, 2) its good when your in traffic. 3) Floor it, and hold on for a smooth Linear Launch. The Cons of CVT: 1) It robs Nissan’s VQ Power on the long run, 2) When I full throttle over and over, the CVT feels like it’s slipping. 3)Manual shifting Mode? Why bother 4) After Driving it for two years, I wish it would just shift like a normal Transmission. You will get tried of the high RPMs thorn."

Great car -- actually a luxury car

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"After two Lexuses, a BMW, and a 350 Z, I thought I would give the Maxima a shot and I am not disappointed. Surprised is a better word. After adding all the bells and whistles, it was still about $10K less than comparable vehicles so it was essentially a true luxury car at a better price."

My 6th Maxima I have owned!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "beautiful design, solid feel, quality interior"

Cons: "non"

"I have owned 6 Maxima's since I started driving. I had an 87, 89, 95, 2000, 2004 and now a 2010 SV w/sport pkg. This one is my favorite. I love the CVT tranny, and most of all the unique exterior design. The fit and finish is spot on, the quality of the interior is as nice as an Infiniti, which I have owned 3 of as well as 2 Lexus'. I have lowered it, put 19" TSW zolder wheels on it, full tint all around. I get complements all the time. I would buy another and when the next model comes out I will most likley buy it. Most of all I own mine and I only paid $24,500 for a fully loaded car, after my trade in and the dealers end of year discount of $5,500."

Great value in a sports sedan. Smooth...

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Awesome to drive!"

Cons: "w/ panoramic roof there's no sun glass compartment"

"Responsiveness & packed with many options not found in more expensive sports sedans. This is a great sedan that's fun to drive on all roads especially back roads w/ many curves."

So glad I got it

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Excellent drive"

Cons: "Gas recommended is 91 octane"

"I got this car after my wonderful corolla of 11.5 years gave out. I have had it for 9 months now. This car was great for me since I now have 2 children and a husband. I knew I could fit 3 carseats in the back if I needed to, albeit a little tight but still. No plans for a third child however. The look and feel of this car was definitely worth it. Great handle on the road and looks good doing it. Awesome pick up speed. It goes so fast but doesn't feel like it. The only drawback is that my car is black with black interior and in the desert, you can't keep it clean enough. If I had to do it over again, I would wait a few years when my children were older so they couldn't dirty it up so much (Cringe!!) Otherwise, can't really see myself without it. Glad to have joined the Nissan family."

Leaves 'em where they belong-my rear view mirror!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Looks,Driving Position Comfortable, Fun to Drive!"

Cons: "Tight Back Seat & Not Heated; MSRP too High by $6K"

"This Maxima can walk the dog, and bobs and weaves around them like they're sitting still. I'm half way to Fairbanks while the slower bunch are dragging around North Pole more than 5 miles behind me. I took this on an 800 mile winter trip down the Parks Hiway to Los Anchorage and it handled great on ice and snow for a FWD sled! The MPG was 29 southbound, and 27.6 northbound. Got so many great remarks about the car at the pit stops along the way. The Navy Blue looks great, and the charcoal interior is nice on the Premium SV. Paint does seem to scratch too easily! The rear seat would be too tight for my 6ft 242# frame, but I'm the one doing all of the driving. I bought this over an Audi A5, and I like it almost as much as my 2006 A6 Avant Quattro that costs $10K more. Now if only the rear seats were heated,folks might not mind climbing back there on a cold (-40) winter day! This has to be the best car that Nissan makes, but it comes at a heavy price, which is about $5,500 more than its worth. I paid $35,300, after about $5,000 in rebates and a $1,000 back from the dealer to sweeten the deal!"

Decent sports sedan for the money

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Tech stuff, styling, available amenities"

Cons: "Transmission "feel", back seat space, cost"

"The salesperson touted the CVT as the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've driven it for a couple of years, I'm not sure that I agree. The car has plenty of power but the transmission simply feels "awkward." Back seat passengers will be uncomfortable on longer drives. I love the tech. The "Music Box" feature that allows you to record every CD inserted into the player for future playback from internal memory is awesome. No need to carry CDs around in the car anymore. There are many features usually found in higher-priced sedans (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc) that are wonderful but a Nissan will never be a substitute for any of those cars."

Drive highway and city...good in both...I recommen

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Engine and acceleration"

Cons: "Front wheel drive"

"Wife and I switched cars. Not sure whether I would like. Very pleased..... Recommend."

best car I ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

best car i have ever owned.

"no GM ever came close."

best car i have ever owned.

dissapointed

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and fast...very comfortable"

Cons: "not reliable at all. Don't know what to do with it"

"Bought our 2012 Maxima used with approximately 34,000 miles. Thoroughly enjoyed the car until it started running like an old John Deere tractor. It started missing badly and the check engine light would come on but not stay on. Diagnostics could not determine the problem because it was not storing codes. Finally the dealer said the number 5 coil pack was bad. We had it replaced for $500 and not covered by drivetrain warranty. After we replaced the coil pack, it ran fine for a day and started missing again. The service engine light came on then shut off and is not storing codes again. I don't want this car anymore."

Great car, with great deals to be had at purchase.

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "price, awesome to drive, decent fuel economy"

Cons: "lacks some features that are common in 2013"

"This car is the best car that I have owned. I bought a new 2012 Maxima fully loaded and got a great price on it. I just checked the value, and it has held up pretty solid. I actually am not underwater on my loan, which is very common. Especially early on. I have had the car about 8 months now. The interior is great, and the exterior has a unique look (new altima looks a little like it now). If you find the right deal, you will be very happy with this vehicle. Ignore the msrp."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"We purchased this car in september of 2008. It's been an amazing car. It has not givin us any trouble at all. We have put 153,000 miles on it and it still runs prefect. All you need to do is do all the maintenance to it. And it will run great"

2012 Nissan Maxima SV

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

"I love my car... If I had to make another car purchase the MAX would be top on my list..."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."

Bullet-proof

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Distinctive look, sporty yet comfortable."

Cons: "Can be testy when pushed (ex. oversteer)."

"This is my second Maxima. My first one was my favorite car ever, until I got this one. It's stylish, comfortable and as fast as anything I would ever want or need. My first Maxima was completely trouble-free and so far this one is on pace to be the same. Love it!"

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

Big Bang for alot coin, you get what you pay for

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Roomy - Fast - comfort - nice looking -"

Cons: "Price"

"My wife and I debated and researched almost a month on several cars, make//models// between BMW 5 series//Infinity M series//of course Lexus etc., before we pulled the trigger on this BEAST. Now there's way too much to list why we love this car but let me say the most important thing when it comes to buying this car, at least for us. Weather you decide to get the SV Value package or the Premium package will make a huge difference in your experience with this car. Allow me to explain, Nissan knew what they were doing when they offered the Value package because that’s what exactly what you’re going to get value. Outside from heated leather seats & sound system that’s about it and Nissan held back all the goodies for the Premium package. The upgraded package is pricey but is must have if you like memory seats /power steering wheel settings/USB connection/NAV/voice activation panel/larger console screen color/ panoramic sun roof is awesome. Just compare two packages online then test drive the value package first then one with the premium package, and then ask which package is for me. One last thing I want to add is if I didn’t put down a good size down with a low APR and Nissan incentives 5 grand I personally would of passed on this vehicle cause of the price but if you can make it work within your budget you won’t regret it. Car drives and looks great and power is almost ridiculous. Our Maxima is Named Boss Lady >Color Black on Black"

Awesome looks, great detail , powerful acceleratio

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "great price for the money, luxury at its best"

Cons: "No sun glass holder with the premiun package"

"Own a 2009 altiman 2.5sl , really loved to drive that car. Nissan had a great rebate in Jan, of $5500.00 on the maxima with a total 0f $10,240 ofF the sticker price ,with that got the car for under $30,000 with that I purchase the sv with the premium package and so far am so happy that I did, the car is that and more . It is eveything that it is gear up to be. with the comfort,handling ,smoothnest it is out of the park.All my family and friends are amased that it is a sports car, it however looks feels and drives like a luxury car , well done Nissan."

2012 Maxima S: Sharp inside and out

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"Pros: Sharpest car on the road; Sweet understated grille; high-quality interior; smooth transmission; handles excellent; Cheaper alternative to more pretentious brands (BMW); Door-unlocking button on outside handle is ingenious (if you have key in your pocket all you have to do is touch a small button on the handle); great acceleration; pretty tight steering Cons: Base stereo sound is just okay; auxiliary input jack location could be better; climate controls placement (just under lcd screen) are hard to reach if you are tall like me (6'3) and have to have the seat far back Overall: love it, so sharp"

This is the best car I have ever owned !

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Pricy but worth it."

Cons: "No tint on windows had done myself"

"I love this car, it has every option I could ever want or need. The features are very easy to learn, it is so fun and comfortable to drive. The appearance is sleek and gorgeous, interior is comfortable and also attractive. This is my first Maxima and I will buy another one when I am done with this one. The reason I bought this car is because my boss has one, he let me test drive his and I fell in love with it and had to get one of my own."

lot of car for the money

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Engine and CVT"

Cons: "Wind Noise"

"I purchased the S with the limited package for what I consider a great price. To date the car has performed as expected. Engine and CVT are outstanding. I really like the exterior look of this car. The only negitive I would mention is the wind noise over 40 mph, but since i don't do a lot of highway driving it is not a big issue.I usually try to purchase 2/3 year old cars but with the high cost of used cars and the price I recieved on this car there was no choice for me."