2010 Nissan Maxima

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Maxima Ever

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to dive. Great power"

"This is my third maxima and the best one that I have owned by far. I love the sport package and styling. The 290 hp engine is very responsive."

Top performer inside and out!

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

Pros: "Richly appointed, stylish, Sports Sedan"

"This is a car that I never considered while buying a car. I test drove Cadillacs, Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, and Honda Accord. The day I bought the Nissan Maxima sv Premium, I was driving to look at my 2nd Avalon (100 miles from home). I didn,t like it and the salesman started checking his inventory with no results. I started to get up to leave and he said hold up, I have 1 more car you may be interested in. He walked over to another sales rep, which handed over some keys and told me to meet him in the front of the dealership. He pulled up in The Maxima and said how do you like this? I didn;t say anything, just walked around looking at it's bold and meaty front end yet sleek body style, perfect curves and shapes, with just the right amount of trim. The rear spoiler and Big dual exhaust tells you I'm ready to rock and roll! Then I looked inside! The black leather with red stitching, the dashboard, and console all black was top notch. When you sit in the drivers seat you are surrounded by the word Control, and you feel good! From the navigation, streamlining down through the controls to the console to armrest with shifter in the perfect position. The dashboard was loaded with information along with the navigation screen. Now the performance test. I never heard of a cvt tranny so obviously I never drove one. As I took off, the salesman told me to really drive it so I did. I Hit it hard and the car leaped out quickly and then it kinda sounded like the transmission was slipping but without hesitation it shot out smooth and MEAN, with no effort, which really confused me, and the roar of the motor, it reminded me of my muscle car days only with control I never thought I'd see in my day. My Cadillac STS was nice, along with my Charger R/T with a hemi, but neither compares to this car. 14.2 qt mile stock! Impressive for a sedan and YES I will say it is a Sport sedan, because it Runs and Handles as Bold and Beautiful as it stands. It is a smooth, active, quiet ride with a rich luxurious interior. The car Screams at you to go driving!"

Decent sports sedan for the money

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Tech stuff, styling, available amenities"

Cons: "Transmission "feel", back seat space, cost"

"The salesperson touted the CVT as the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've driven it for a couple of years, I'm not sure that I agree. The car has plenty of power but the transmission simply feels "awkward." Back seat passengers will be uncomfortable on longer drives. I love the tech. The "Music Box" feature that allows you to record every CD inserted into the player for future playback from internal memory is awesome. No need to carry CDs around in the car anymore. There are many features usually found in higher-priced sedans (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc) that are wonderful but a Nissan will never be a substitute for any of those cars."

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!