2010 Nissan Maxima

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

powerful great handling true 4 door sportscar

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "great performance, reliability,styling an economy"

"290 hp engine feels super or turbo charged, it has great get up and go. Handling is exceptional, this car hugs the road. If you are a bank robber, this would make a great get-away car.Great styling, I have had elderly people admire and compliment me on its styling. My last car was a 2002 Cadillac Deville with a V8.The ride was luxurious, but, the Maxima outperforms it in every other way. After you get used to the sports suspension, this car is fun to drive. If you want to go fast and whip around corners and look good doing it, this is the car for you. Reliability is also exceptional. I've only had to do routine maintenance (tires, brakes, oil changes and wiper blades-that's it). Fuel economy is also fantastic for such a hi-performance car. I average21.6-22 MPG in mixed driving."

I love it so far!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "None so far, love the larger steering wheel as wel"

"Had the car for a couple of months and I LOVE IT! I actually traded my 2014 Altima in for the Maxima.. Why? I wanted the power, and the Maxima delivers in spades. No more shifting out of overdrive to get the power I need, I just hit the gas peddle. If I need a little extra I shift into manual mode and go from there. I have had no problems with the transition like a previous poster had. Great car, I love it!"

CVT transmission ruins this car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Sporty Handling"

Cons: "CVT Transmission, blue tooth audio, cheap plastics"

"Very reliable and sporty handling. The CVT transmission doesn't shift predictably until it is warmed up. If pushed from low speed, say rolling away from a stop light, the engine sounds great but clearly the transmission is holding it back. i really do not like the way this transmission operates in either day to day or spirited driving. Other complaints include the fact the blue tooth audio will often drop the connection to my iPhone5 and I am unable to reconnect until I turn the car off and back on. I'll never buy a Nissan again after owning several Maxima's over the last 15 years"

Great car!

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good gas mileage, very comfortable."

"I have enjoyed my 2011 Nissan Maxima very much. The only reason I am selling it is because I am going back to a full sized SUV, because at 6'5" and 275 lbs. I am more comfortable in my new Tahoe."

This is a great sport/luxury sedan

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, tight, looks good, fast."

Cons: "The Bose sound system is not great."

"Have had my 2011 Maxima for 3.5 years now. I've liked it from the start, and I like it more every day I drive it. It's still tight and feels/smells like new. MPG avg is over 25, and all highway is over 27. I do use premium gas which costs more, yet it a cleaner fuel and better for your engine long term. Powerful, smooth, quiet, and feels like it costs much more than $30k. The 3.5 liter V6 is in this car is nothing less than excellent. The CVT trans has never been a bother for me. I have no problems with it. Next car: The totally new Maxima which is coming out soon"