2009 Nissan Maxima

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Great Ride and Value

By on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pros: "fun, great value, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Super powerful, tight to the road and good looking. 80K and never a problem. On long drives you feel like you been sitting in a lounge chair, very comfortable. Fun to drive as well. Only downside is the lack of technology sync for phone and somewhat not so great fuel economy."

2014 Maxima SV

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pros: "Great performance milage is great ride great"

Cons: "A little better luxury inside metttalic paint etc"

January 2015

"I had this car for 14 months great power great features average gas is easy 26mpg I had as high as 32Mpg on interstate keeping it around 65 -68 Mph When i use 91 octane in spring or summer i usually get 28 Mpg Very Good Handling I do wish they would not have some cheap plastic inside could use some better luxury items but features are very good SX radio sound system looks plenty of power I'm glad i got this Maxima Good car Period Had a 96 Maxima 20 years ago had over 100 Thousand miles great service & still sold it for 6500$ 8 years later !"

January 2015

Held on to this the longest!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Visual, Sound System, Power."

Cons: "No blind spot monitor, trunk is small"

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

"I am 63 yrs old and this is the first time I have actually "liked" my car for so long. I have seen various reviews and can see ones different points based on individual needs and expectations. First thing I noticed is that over the past few years the Maxima has not changed its body style (and it looks a lot like its cousin the Infinity). In my experience, this maintains the value thus the trade value remaining high. I love the car exactly what Nissan meant it to be loved for. Its not a family car but very comfortable for two. It can be stiff driving but that is a preference I prefer. I have almost all options it can have except the read curtain and heated mirrors. The best improvement was to wear out my tires that actually went at about 15000 miles. The 19" Yokahama series tires I had were very soft and wore quickly albeit a smoother ride (mushy to me). I replaced them with Michelin's and its like floating on the street now (in a good way). Gas mileage could have been better as the Maxima reminds me every time I get gas. There is a rumor that some Maxima's have an electrical anomaly. I would have liked one rear seat to go down for access from the trunk. Instead there is a 7" square door in the middle of the seats, appropriate for a fishing pole? I am on my third battery with no real explanation except infrequent driving. I actually think I will keep this car beyond 5 years. I still like to look at it. I added an after-market grill (see photo)."

Added an after market grill - brings many compliments!

white with premium pkg and nav . and heated seats

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"excellent condition , double sun roof package white with nav , heated seats , etc leather , tan . great shape . one owner . alls garaged . good tires . no defects ."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."

Awesome looks, great detail , powerful acceleratio

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "great price for the money, luxury at its best"

Cons: "No sun glass holder with the premiun package"

"Own a 2009 altiman 2.5sl , really loved to drive that car. Nissan had a great rebate in Jan, of $5500.00 on the maxima with a total 0f $10,240 ofF the sticker price ,with that got the car for under $30,000 with that I purchase the sv with the premium package and so far am so happy that I did, the car is that and more . It is eveything that it is gear up to be. with the comfort,handling ,smoothnest it is out of the park.All my family and friends are amased that it is a sports car, it however looks feels and drives like a luxury car , well done Nissan."

2012 Maxima S: Sharp inside and out

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Pros: Sharpest car on the road; Sweet understated grille; high-quality interior; smooth transmission; handles excellent; Cheaper alternative to more pretentious brands (BMW); Door-unlocking button on outside handle is ingenious (if you have key in your pocket all you have to do is touch a small button on the handle); great acceleration; pretty tight steering Cons: Base stereo sound is just okay; auxiliary input jack location could be better; climate controls placement (just under lcd screen) are hard to reach if you are tall like me (6'3) and have to have the seat far back Overall: love it, so sharp"

Best ever

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "fun, fast, family car"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor"

"I owned a Lexus but driving it was like a shot of novocaine...you didn't feel anything but boredom. After passing a Nissan dealer I did a quick U-ey and said to myself..."self-it's time". After a quick test drive I knew it was for me. The Maxima was superb. The acceleration was a blast. The roadholding and handling was perfect. It felt heavy but not too big. The interior was impressive and the premium package was just as good as any BMRRRR or Benzz-the-wrong-way...for tens of thousands of dollars less, better reliabilty, and far less maintenance than the Kraut-mobiles. After 25,000 miles I still have a big grin every time I drive it."

Great car. Great options.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Great power. Super quiet cabin."

Cons: "Price with all options..."

"Ideal car for long trips and everyday driving. Its the best car if you get all the options."

Bang!!! for the buck

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Looks cool"

Cons: "Stock tires are just fair"

"1st and foremost the Maxima is super FAST and COOL looking. CVT is smooth as silk and delivers good gas mileage while emitting lecherous growl. Maxima has great lines period. It looks 10 times better in person than in pictures. Rear angle looks great. The subtle rear spoiler and rear overall design is unmatched. Super cool LED rear and stop tailights."