2009 Nissan Maxima

Based on 265 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"We purchased this car in september of 2008. It's been an amazing car. It has not givin us any trouble at all. We have put 153,000 miles on it and it still runs prefect. All you need to do is do all the maintenance to it. And it will run great"

2012 Nissan Maxima SV

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

"I love my car... If I had to make another car purchase the MAX would be top on my list..."

I would buy another Maxima in a heartbeat.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, extremely reliable and a great value"

"I have owned 2 Nissan's, 1 Altima for 4 years and 1 Maxima for 3 years. In 7 years I have only had routine maintenance and inspections done, I have had no major repairs on either vehicle. They are sporty, stylish, very reliable and a joy to drive. I would purchase another without question."

Bullet-proof

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Distinctive look, sporty yet comfortable."

Cons: "Can be testy when pushed (ex. oversteer)."

"This is my second Maxima. My first one was my favorite car ever, until I got this one. It's stylish, comfortable and as fast as anything I would ever want or need. My first Maxima was completely trouble-free and so far this one is on pace to be the same. Love it!"

A lot of Fun to Drive!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Power, Look, Interior, a blast to drive."

Cons: "CVT transmission is annoying"

"The only negative I have to say with this car is that the CVT transmission is a bit of a let down. The Maxima has great power, however, the CVT can sound like a bovine cow when your really pushing it and I miss having that traditional shift feeling. However, if you switch to the Ds (Driver sport function) the transmission shifts like a manual and sounds and feels terrific. It just uses more gas. Everything else about this car is fantastic. Very fast, aggressive, sleek, sporty, great interior and stereo system with the premium package which I have in Crimson Black with blacked out windows. I have got more compliments on this car than anything I have ever owned!!"

Best Car I have owned

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, gas mileage, Bluetooth!!"

Cons: "none that i know of just yet!"

Here's my baby!!

"After driving SUV's for the past 15 years I scaled back after my recent divorce. I wanted something that was good on gas, spacious, sporty, and had some power to it. I was so use to the 8 cylinder SUV's that i didn't want to compromise power yet I was tired of the GAS that i had to put into my monster trucks (Expedition and Armada). The x-wife kept the Armada and I got stuck with the Expedition. This car is super comfortable, drives excellent, very sporty and the power on this six cylinder is unreal. I plan on keeping this around and giving it to my daughter as her first car after her first year of college (4 years to go). I am not regretting the purchase although i did put down a large DP ($6500) i think it was well worth the expense!"

Here's my baby!!

Big Bang for alot coin, you get what you pay for

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Roomy - Fast - comfort - nice looking -"

Cons: "Price"

"My wife and I debated and researched almost a month on several cars, make//models// between BMW 5 series//Infinity M series//of course Lexus etc., before we pulled the trigger on this BEAST. Now there's way too much to list why we love this car but let me say the most important thing when it comes to buying this car, at least for us. Weather you decide to get the SV Value package or the Premium package will make a huge difference in your experience with this car. Allow me to explain, Nissan knew what they were doing when they offered the Value package because that’s what exactly what you’re going to get value. Outside from heated leather seats & sound system that’s about it and Nissan held back all the goodies for the Premium package. The upgraded package is pricey but is must have if you like memory seats /power steering wheel settings/USB connection/NAV/voice activation panel/larger console screen color/ panoramic sun roof is awesome. Just compare two packages online then test drive the value package first then one with the premium package, and then ask which package is for me. One last thing I want to add is if I didn’t put down a good size down with a low APR and Nissan incentives 5 grand I personally would of passed on this vehicle cause of the price but if you can make it work within your budget you won’t regret it. Car drives and looks great and power is almost ridiculous. Our Maxima is Named Boss Lady >Color Black on Black"

Awesome looks, great detail , powerful acceleratio

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "great price for the money, luxury at its best"

Cons: "No sun glass holder with the premiun package"

"Own a 2009 altiman 2.5sl , really loved to drive that car. Nissan had a great rebate in Jan, of $5500.00 on the maxima with a total 0f $10,240 ofF the sticker price ,with that got the car for under $30,000 with that I purchase the sv with the premium package and so far am so happy that I did, the car is that and more . It is eveything that it is gear up to be. with the comfort,handling ,smoothnest it is out of the park.All my family and friends are amased that it is a sports car, it however looks feels and drives like a luxury car , well done Nissan."

2012 Maxima S: Sharp inside and out

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"Pros: Sharpest car on the road; Sweet understated grille; high-quality interior; smooth transmission; handles excellent; Cheaper alternative to more pretentious brands (BMW); Door-unlocking button on outside handle is ingenious (if you have key in your pocket all you have to do is touch a small button on the handle); great acceleration; pretty tight steering Cons: Base stereo sound is just okay; auxiliary input jack location could be better; climate controls placement (just under lcd screen) are hard to reach if you are tall like me (6'3) and have to have the seat far back Overall: love it, so sharp"

This is the best car I have ever owned !

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Pricy but worth it."

Cons: "No tint on windows had done myself"

"I love this car, it has every option I could ever want or need. The features are very easy to learn, it is so fun and comfortable to drive. The appearance is sleek and gorgeous, interior is comfortable and also attractive. This is my first Maxima and I will buy another one when I am done with this one. The reason I bought this car is because my boss has one, he let me test drive his and I fell in love with it and had to get one of my own."

lot of car for the money

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Engine and CVT"

Cons: "Wind Noise"

"I purchased the S with the limited package for what I consider a great price. To date the car has performed as expected. Engine and CVT are outstanding. I really like the exterior look of this car. The only negitive I would mention is the wind noise over 40 mph, but since i don't do a lot of highway driving it is not a big issue.I usually try to purchase 2/3 year old cars but with the high cost of used cars and the price I recieved on this car there was no choice for me."

A lot of car for the money new or used

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Great car overall"

Cons: "Don't like the ABS self-check sound at start-up."

"I've owned a lot of cars. Think this is the best car I've every owned for the price paid. Bought used when 12 mo. old and w/10,300 miles. Saved 16K "off" the orginal sticker. Have driven it for 14 months and 18 K. Have spent nothing on it other than oil change and filters every 4,500 miles totaling $100.00 or less."

Truly a "Four Door Sports Sedan"

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Sportiness & power, yet practical & reliable"

Cons: "Mileage could be improved, but sufficient"

"I researched and test drove a number of four door sedans from the Audi A4/A6, BMW 3/5 Series, to Infiniti G and Lexus 250/350. I must confess I have lusted for an Audi for quite some time, but after driving a Nissan Altima for ten years and having no issues, I thought I had better give the Nissan Maxima and its Infiniti line a try. To be honest, it was the sticker shock that scared me away from the Audi, BMW and Infiniti in the end. Additionally, I am a 6'3" so leg room is paramount which the Audi A4, BMW 3 series and Lexus 250/350 do not offer. I also shuttle people around quite often so back seat room was also a requirement for me. The cost for the base models for what you got also didn't match up and after adding simple things like Bluetooth, fog lamps, LED lighting, navigation, Bose, etc. the luxury brands got ridiculously expensive. There is no doubt however that each vehicle had their appeal. The Nissan Maxima caught my eye because of its body-style, hard lines and yet curves draw ones attention to it and I have received numerous comments about how sporty and yet refined it looks. The same can be said for the interior which is polished as well as sporty. The Infiniti is very refined and I do like it's design as well, but it appears to me to be an "older" person's car (I am 40 and in denial). The 3.5-290 horsepower engine is powerful, you hear it and feel it when you need the power to merge or just plain want to go fast. I know many people consider rear wheel drive to be superior, but for me driving in snow is far better with front wheel drive and I do not notice really any difference in turns at high rates of speed. I wanted some practicality in commuting to and from work, but still being able to unleash on road trips. I am surprised to see people be so negative about the fuel mileage considering you have a 3.5-290 horsepower engine or that it is premium fuel. Any of the luxury models I drove require (recommend) premium fuel. I get a combined average of 22mpg which is excellent to me considering I got an average of 25mpg in my Altima which had only a 179 horspower engine. The sticker price on the Maxima initially caught me off guard, but after buying an end of year 2011 Maxima with a $3,000 rebate and trading in my Altima for another $4,500 with all the bells and whistles, I spent only $26,000 for the car and another $3,600 with an extended warranty, titanium plan (lost keys replacment, ding removal, etc.) and gold service maintenance plan. I highly recommend the maintenance plan for a good dealer since the oil changes are $100 a pop alone. Since I am just now passing my first year of owning the vehicle I cannot testify on reliability, but I have had no issues to date and I hope that my Maxima will run as well as my Altima did for the next 7-8 years. The good news is the Maxima powerplant has been proven and tested for years so I expect it to do so."

Not what I expected

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Excellent power. 27 mph on the highway!"

Cons: "Feels a little cheap."

"I have a 2012 Maxima SV with the premium package. Good car, but not what I expected from a car with this price tag. The clunk at 30 mph seems to be "normal", but I just find it annoying. I don't know how I missed that on the test drive. The dual zone climate control is not accurate. The fan speed can't be adjusted individually. The bluetooth connection doesn't work as well as it should, during most calls people ask "Am I on speaker phone?" By far, the most annoying thing is the wind noise at highway speeds. However, the power is excellent! I don't fear passing anything."

Nissan Maxima - Great Looker with Problems Inside

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Great looks"

Cons: "Bad service has made this beauty a hag"

"It's a beautiful car but before you buy take a minute to raise the seatrest to it's hight position. Put your head against the headrest and see what happens. You'll feel a part from within the seat poke you in the middle of your back. It feels like there's a part loose within the seat. I've sat in a half dozen Maximas and they all do it. My dealer said they're made that way and so did Nissan corporate. It's the dumbest thing. Make sure you check your seats or you'll be driving around wondering how you missed that in the test drive like I do. Even worse, you'll be disappointed that no one from your dealer to Nissan will fix it."

It IS a 4 DOOR SPORTS CAR!!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Excellent performance and handling"

"I purchased my car 6 months ago and all I can say is WOW! This car has GREAT performance and handling. I've several people stop me just to compliment me on how beautiful it looks. This car is a LUXURY sedan with sports car handling. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Superior auto.Great value compared to BMW,MB, Aud

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I have a 2010, bought new. I looked at Audi A4, BMW 325.....they can't compare. I paid $30,900 with the premium package. A comparable brimmer or Audi would have run close to $45,000! I have 46,000 miles and not one compliant . I would buy another one in a heartbeat"

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Engine power, interior quality"

Cons: "CVT transmission seems a bit sluggish at times,"

"I bought this car new and have put quite a few miles on it in the 3+ years I've owned it. I have not had a single problem with it. I love the look and feel of the car! I have the SV model with the Sport package, so I have the bluetooth which is very handy. I would highly recommend this car to anyone! I would say my only knock against it would be the CVT transmission seems geared for fuel economy unless you're in sport mode. Usually, that's a good thing, but sometimes I want a little more response without having to put the car in sport mode. I owned a 2000 Maxima before this one. Had 170,000 miles on it and not a single problem!"

What a great vehicle!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, interior"

Cons: "Gas mileage, price"

"In my opinion, the best-looking 4 door on the road today. The fit and finish is really top notch! It is a joy to drive although the gas mileage is not great (I'm averaging 22 mpg city/highway). I have gotten a number of compliments on the looks of the car. I have no reservations about my purchase!"

Durable, explosive handling, and driven performer!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Great handling and sound system!"

Cons: "The back seat could be enhanced a little better."

"From sport enthusiast to high tech yuppie...it plays with your drive and brings results to a remarkable conclusion as promised...a WIN WIN outcome!"

Best ever

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "fun, fast, family car"

Cons: "gas mileage is poor"

"I owned a Lexus but driving it was like a shot of novocaine...you didn't feel anything but boredom. After passing a Nissan dealer I did a quick U-ey and said to myself..."self-it's time". After a quick test drive I knew it was for me. The Maxima was superb. The acceleration was a blast. The roadholding and handling was perfect. It felt heavy but not too big. The interior was impressive and the premium package was just as good as any BMRRRR or Benzz-the-wrong-way...for tens of thousands of dollars less, better reliabilty, and far less maintenance than the Kraut-mobiles. After 25,000 miles I still have a big grin every time I drive it."

I like the comfort and handling on the road.

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Great driving experience."

Cons: "Price"

"It is a well designed car and beautiful. I have gotten compliments from people of all age groups to include children. The Maxima 2010 handles well on the road and at high speeds. The car is advertised as a 4 door sports car but I do not have enough knowledge to determine if that is accurate desciption of the car."

Good car but need some exterior adjustments done

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "Exterior front"

"I purchase my car a few months ago. My problem with the 2012 maxima is that I have enough space between my front bumper"

Best looking 4 door on the road today

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Best car for the money, has a/c seats"

Cons: "front wheel drive"

"This is the best bang for the buck. I have driven for 2 years and 20000 miles including 2000 mile trips. The seats are super great for long drives. Car is fast as lightning and the paddle shifters are fun to use. The only thing I don't like is front wheel drive. When you get on it you better be holding on to the wheel, It will take you places you don't want to go if you are not ready."

Extremely Fun To Drive

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "A fun car to drive, roomy, decent gas milage"

Cons: "None yet!"

"OVerall the Quality of Nissan has come a very long way in the right direction. This is a sport car with a back seat. Roomy and fun to drive, with enough technology in it to launch the space shuttle! My wife loved the car from the first day she drove it, and I have had very few worries or issues. The car did come new from the dealer with a slight pull right. I told the service the next time and they ran a free allignment and found the rear camber to be out of spec. Boulder Nissan service was great with that issue, and any other minor issues we have had. Overall we really enjoy driving this car, it moves when you want it to, and it cruzes well also. The steering is tight, and the car feels planted in corners. Fitting two adults in the back of the car leaves plenty of head and leg room, even for me at 6'2. The trunk is also bigger than it appears. I would recomend this car for the money if your looking for a fun and sporty car."