2009 Nissan Maxima

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

I love it so far!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "None so far, love the larger steering wheel as wel"

"Had the car for a couple of months and I LOVE IT! I actually traded my 2014 Altima in for the Maxima.. Why? I wanted the power, and the Maxima delivers in spades. No more shifting out of overdrive to get the power I need, I just hit the gas peddle. If I need a little extra I shift into manual mode and go from there. I have had no problems with the transition like a previous poster had. Great car, I love it!"

CVT transmission ruins this car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Sporty Handling"

Cons: "CVT Transmission, blue tooth audio, cheap plastics"

"Very reliable and sporty handling. The CVT transmission doesn't shift predictably until it is warmed up. If pushed from low speed, say rolling away from a stop light, the engine sounds great but clearly the transmission is holding it back. i really do not like the way this transmission operates in either day to day or spirited driving. Other complaints include the fact the blue tooth audio will often drop the connection to my iPhone5 and I am unable to reconnect until I turn the car off and back on. I'll never buy a Nissan again after owning several Maxima's over the last 15 years"

Great car!

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good gas mileage, very comfortable."

"I have enjoyed my 2011 Nissan Maxima very much. The only reason I am selling it is because I am going back to a full sized SUV, because at 6'5" and 275 lbs. I am more comfortable in my new Tahoe."

This is a great sport/luxury sedan

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, reliable, tight, looks good, fast."

Cons: "The Bose sound system is not great."

"Have had my 2011 Maxima for 3.5 years now. I've liked it from the start, and I like it more every day I drive it. It's still tight and feels/smells like new. MPG avg is over 25, and all highway is over 27. I do use premium gas which costs more, yet it a cleaner fuel and better for your engine long term. Powerful, smooth, quiet, and feels like it costs much more than $30k. The 3.5 liter V6 is in this car is nothing less than excellent. The CVT trans has never been a bother for me. I have no problems with it. Next car: The totally new Maxima which is coming out soon"

Let 'er eat

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"We've owned this car (2013 Max with premium, sport, and technology packages) for a couple of years now. Almost 25k miles and no mechanical problems to speak of. My wife is the primary driver and has a pretty light foot. When I get in to drive it however... I let 'er eat. I like to make sure all 290 horses are still present. And they are! It's a lot of fun to have refined power like that in a sporty sedan. Not a huge fan of CVT but I've grown to appreciate it. It really helps keep the torque right at the pedal, if that makes any sense. In other words, if you're driving along at 60mph and want to accelerate to 80mph, that process happens extremely quickly. Accelerating from a dead stop is also interesting but it's all RPM's man... The tach will instantly climb to the top and hang as the car accelerates from 0. It's a different feel. We opted for every option because the rebates were right. Glad we did as all of those options (including the cool undercarriage LED lights) help justify the higher price tag. Yes, I wish it had a manual and RWD but if we really wanted that, we would have paid $10k more for an Infiniti. Wasn't in the budget nor was the insurance cost for the Infiniti. The glass roof is awesome. The Bose stereo is amazing. Long trips in an incredibly comfortable, ventilated seat are great. We love this car and hope it lasts. I know several folks who have 2008+ Max's with 200k on them and no problems. That's encouraging as our last Max was an 2001 with 380k miles on it and still ran perfectly. You'll love the 2013 Max if you decide to get it. Just expect higher preventative maintenance costs (CVT tranny) and higher fuel costs (premium fuel required)."