2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 607 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2006 Maxima SL - great car

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I've owned mine since new - I purchased it using the VPP program. Have 43K miles on it now. Great car. Have had very few problems. Only negative is the terrible turning radius. I like my 2006 much better than the new model."

Love at First Sight

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I currently drive the 2004 SL Maxima but also own a 1998 SE and a 2002 GLE. I bought the 04 used and feel that the money spent was well worth it. As a 23 year old guy, the car is fast, reliable, definitely roomy and pretty sexy looking. The leather seats are so comfortable that I when I am driving I feel like I am in a plane. Like all Nissans, the BOSE system is pretty nice. The heated steering wheel is GENIUS by the way. I get great gas mileage using premium. My 1998 SE had a spoiler and black leather interior which is the only thing I miss in my 2004 SL. All in all the Maxima is absolutely a thrill to drive!"

Great Vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"We bought the SL model in Dec. 06 as an 07 model. Car has everything except navigation. Everything works great and has never had any problems. CVT transmission takes a little to get used to, but it's very smooth and still performs well. Average mpg of 21 in town and 25 highway burning 87 octane gas. I've been told that premium give better mileage. The car rides as nice as any car I've owned including two cadillacs, and handling is still responsive and fun. There is plenty of interior room, I'm 6'1 and 225 and can sit comfortably with people in the back seat. If you buy one, make sure you keep the gas cap on real tight, or you'll have to pay to have your "engine" light reset!"

outstanding car

By on Saturday, January 17, 2009

"EXCELLENT CAR, SMOOTH, FAST, QUIET,LOTS OF ROOM FOR A SIX FOOT FOUR PERSON LIKE ME. CVT TRANSMISSION IS GREAT ONCE YOU ADJUST TO NO SHIFTS. RUNS GREAT ON REGULAR GAS, 20 MPG ON A 22 MILE ROUND TRIP CITY/HIGHWAY LOOP. 25 MPG ON INTERSTATE AT 75MPH. TURNING CIRCLE IS NO PROBLEM. HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE ITS COMPETITION FROM HONDA AND TOYOTA. YOU WILL LOVE IT BEFORE YOU GET IT OFF OF THE LOT. SE MODEL, HANDLES BETTER THAN THE SL, NO FAKE WOOD, NICER INTERIOR, LESS EXPENSIVE."

My "new" 2006 (at least it seems new to me)

By on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Just purchased a 2006 with very low miles and WOW is this car awesome! Still drive my 1995 with 227,000 miles as it is perfect also! Did I mention that I had a 1998 ?........and loved it also. I definitely recommend this car, any year.I bought all of them used and they have been great cars. You get a lot for your money. They never die either!!"

Wouldn't trade her for the world!

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"This car was initially bought for my husband. Well, I fell in love and he ended up in our SUV. I absolutely love this car. I have been in this car for 4 years. No mechanical issues yet. I have taken this car cross country 4 times and I must say, when gas prices are $4+, one can appreciate the gas mileage. Drove from CO to VA on four complete fills. 28 hours and 4 fills. My husband doubled that. Handles well. Tires grip the road. The stocks actually held up in the ice, snow, and other random acts of God in CO. My job required me to be at work when no one else could make it and in a blizzard she took me with no issues. The automatic with manual shift helps because you can down shift rather than brake. Great vehicle. Two car seats in the back and comfortable seating space for one more. Leg room in front and back - ample. No complaints. I'll ride her till the wheels fall off!"

4DSC

By on Monday, July 7, 2008

"I read reviews of the 2009 model, and they said the 2004-2008 model was more tame than keeping with the history of the car. I find this car sporty and quick. The size of a 5-series BMW, but FWD and comparatively cheaper for the masses. Great car, would buy again, perhaps without the 18 inch tires though (they look good, handle well, but potholes will loosen fillings!!"

Solid choice

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"This is my second Maxima and once again i'm not disappointed. Much better than average performance and rock solid reliability for a reasonable price. Suprisingly good gas mileage for a car that performs in the manner that this one does (22 city/ 28 highway observed). Comfortable and quiet interior. The suspension on the SE may not be forgiving enough for everyone. I'm fairly sure that when I decide to trade this car in, it will be for another Maxima."

Impressed

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I have been driving Honda Accords since 1984. I gave my 1998 Accord to my son and bought a 2006 Maxima SL to "try something different". I have been MOSTLY impressed with the car. The highlight of the car is the excellent V6 that powers it. Quiet, smooth, and quick. The ride is very comfortable, reasonably quiet. Stereo is excellent. Climate control accurate. Handling is very good. Reliablity for me has been fine thus far. Only a few cosmetic issues under warranty, one being the chrome grille, which has been known to PEEL. Replaced without a problem. The one HUGE complaint I have which I have learned to live with is the turning circle which is TERRIBLE. Parking in a space requires the finesse of a Ford Expedition. After driving Hondas for >20 years, I have to say that the ergonomics of the interior are not as good as a Honda, but I have completely gotten used to it and it is not a big problem."

Sold Value

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Great fit and finish, solid motor that will really move. Great looks and styling. I purchased a 2004 with 50,000 miles on it. I really enjoy the Bose stereo,power and handling, heated leather seats and telescoping steering wheel.The car does ride a little rough because of the low profile tires and has a wide turning radius.Overall, I am happy with purchase. I owned a Mazda Millenia S before and the Maxima moves much faster than the Mazda, but has a stiffer ride.Also,the value of the car was great since so many are coming off leases."