2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 565 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I love my Maxima!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,engine,bose"

Cons: "road noise,air to the rear"

"I bought this car new in June of 2007.It is just what I would expect from a Maxima. I have Always been a nissan driver and they make great cars. About 90000 miles i had to replace a belt that was about to break im not sure what is was,but it did not dig a hole in my pocket to replace.And around 100000 miles the sunroof shade came loose and hasnt been fixed because nissan says there is nothing wrong,the sunroof works fine.There isnt alot of air flow from the two vents in the rear and something is in the rear cup holder an oil or juice.I have wiped it up and pulled out the thing in it and it keeps coming back I will have to tell nissan when i go get my oil change.overall great car"

loved this car - RIP

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pros: "very reliable, quick, comfortable"

Cons: "wide turn radius"

"bought this car recently, had alot of fun in it. drives very well. only prob i had was the turn radius but i never do u turns here. id have a problem if i went to new york lol. unfortunately my maxima was wrecked by an 84 year old running a red light. no problem, im buying a 2005 maxima se with 98000 miles! loved my maxima, will love the new one. highly recommended!"

2004 Nissan Maxima

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "comfort and drive is excellent."

Cons: "watch your u-turns"

"I absolutely love this car, It drives like its gliding on air. Its very fast so you have to be very careful stepping on the gas. It stops on a dime. The leather interior is beautiful I would recommend this car to anyone."

quality not up to par

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Bought my 2004 Max in 2011 and want to sell it now. Had to take ABS fuse out because brakes were locking up. This is an expensive repair so opted not to have fixed. Car shakes at highway speeds. Leather seats are hard making them very uncomfortableon trips. was told the engine in these cars are bullet proof, when starting mine that is exactly what it sounds like, a bullet pinging around in it. That will cost about 1500-2000 to have fixed. Has plenty of get up and go on a positive note. Turning radius is short of a football field, so if you need to do a u.-turn good luck. Not worth all the fuss !"

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius, MPG"

"I have owned my 2008 Maxima for about 3 years now, great car for road trips. Plenty of room, CVT transmission is awesome power and speed when I need it (no downshifting). Has standard maintenance done, oil changes, brakes, tires. I have gone through 2 batteries, but I'm not sure if it was the car or sub-par batteries. Tire pressure sensor went bad early on and auto up for passenger front window doesn't work like it should. My major complaint is turning radius, it is horrible. When I do a U-turn on a divided highway there almost isn't enough pavement (although friends with a 2009 model say Nissan fixed that issue). Mileage is not great 18 city and 24 highway. Overall great car, I would do it again."

average

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy car and fast"

Cons: "parts R expensive, DIY maint time consuming"

"This car is okay, had to replace timing chains and tensioner due to a factory defect that Nissan was aware about but was not covered under warranty as mine failed after 90k miles, Nissan still failed to acknowledge this defect and replace for free. Front end has been replaced due to popping sounds new lower control arms, struts, strut mounts, bearing caps. Front grill is plastic with chrome finish this peels after a while, bad turning radius, to much plastic under engine eventually plastic pins that hold it in wear out and plastic comes off. front light replacement on driver side is easy passenger side takes longer as you have to remove the fender well to get to it. Driver side remove air cleaner housing and you can change out lights easy. Spark plugs are hard to change out as you have to remove the manifold no way around this. you start to have a lack of power when the car gets over 100k"

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Wonderful all around car"

Cons: "To be expected the parts are expensive to replace"

"I love this car! Only negative thing is that we tried to replace the headlight ourselves and it was very difficult to get to it and get it switched out. The lightbulb for the headlights was very expensive but overall this is a wonderful car with plenty of pep when you step on the gas, very roomy for everyone and rides so smooth!"

I LOVE My Maxima!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Stylish, Great Gas Mileage"

Cons: "none!"

"I traded my 2002 Nissan X-Terra for my 2005 Maxima and I couldn't be happier! The gas mileage difference is unbelievable! I feel like my Maxima also has more room than my X-Terra! My Maxima is very luxerious and convenient. Not to mention, it will fly! An added bonus is the trunk space! Great travel vehicle, I actually just drove it to the beach. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Nightmare!!!!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Has all the "bells and whistles""

Cons: "severe mechanical defects"

"I purchased this car with the expectation to keep it for a long time and paid more than I wanted to spend on a car at the time but I thought it would last for quite some time so I decided to bite the bullet and do it! What a nightmare! The car had to have the O2 sensor replaced, serpentine belt (which was not the problem), the ABS system locked up, and now needs the rear main seal replaced. I went today to trade the car in on something more reliable and soon found out that the car was bought back by the manufacturer and declared a lemon. Because my state does not have a used car lemon law it was sent here from a state that does have a lemon law and the title was cleared. Needless to say the dealer I purchased it from deceptively sold me the car and did not tell me the "facts" on the car but instead showed me a clean carfax report"

Great Mover! Lots of get up and go

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"great car"

one of the best car for your money.

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "sexy,stylish,and powerfull"

Cons: "not many, but it needs fog lights on the bumper."

"this car has a great shape, its got style,power, luxury, and fun to drive. great overall car."

Nightmare Car!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reason: Car was falling apart

Pros: "Looks good and is comfortable"

Cons: "anything mechanical in the car is bad"

"My parents purchased this car for me brand new as a high school graduation gift. But it was nothing but problems from the start. The first week of owning it, the batterie needed to be replaced. Now at 90,000 miles the Engine light went on and the car was shaking really badly. The power window on the drivers side stopped working and the A/C stopped working as well. The leather seats didn't hold up very well either, with discoloration. Over all I was putting over $3,000 in the car every year. Glad I finally got rid of that nightmare car!"

Very fun to drive; mileage could be better

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "fun; reliable"

Cons: "Replaced brakes several times - more than expected"

"Car was fun to drive; lots of extras. Good sound system. Brakes expensive to replace."

Great car.

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cons: "I wish it would have had a navigation system"

"I have owned this since new and in the 8 years there have been very few problems with it.I would say that by changing oil every 5000 miles has been a positive thing to it.I also had tires rotated every 6000 miles Extremely comfortable and handles well. I can take hands off wheel and it still stays straight for a great distance."

I love my car

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "great millage and very comfortable."

Cons: "no ashtrays/not good in snow"

"I love this ca. I do have two draw backs with it though, it is not a winter car by any means and no ashtray in it."

best vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"best vehicle ever!"

This car is is great. No issues whatsoever.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, performance, handling, HP, upgrades"

Cons: "Interior /titanium), suede accents, no trunck key"

"I love this car. It handles well and drives well. It rides a little rough, but that's to be expected with the 18" wheels and lower profile tires. I bought the demo so it had the woodgrain and all of the upgrades. Maximas have never let me down. The only issue is that it sits a little low to the ground. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good, reliable, vehicle. The only negative would be is: The price of replacement tires. This is really not a negative, especially if you don't get the SE model. If you can't afford the tires, go for the SL model."

not the best vehicle...problems

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "looks great...fast/powerful"

Cons: "transmission...gas"

"i bought this vehicle in 2011 with 88k on it..2nd owner..i never had no problems on the car until i hit 112k my transmission failed my 3rd gear was gone..i brought to the shop to fix they rebuilt it for 2200 bucks! i drove it too 113k then the transmission failed again my 1st and 2nd and reverse were slipping to redline...brought it back and fixed it under warranty..i soon as i got it back i sold it..cause i didnt wanna put anymore money into it...bottom line is the car has a excellent strong motor but the transmission are horrible on the 2004's..the motor put out so much power that the transmission can not handle it..i think that nissan just has problems with transmissions on the 2004 cause this is the first year they started making the new body 6th gen..i have seen so many people with the same problem and nissan never did anything about it..they never did a recall on the transmission..i highly recommend when you buy a 2004 look into the transmission so many people are not buying this year car because of the transmission..if i would of known i would of gotten a manual..and the struts blow out at 80-90k and its a uncomfortable drive when there shot...and make sure you keep up with oil changes"

love maximas

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"This is my 2nd maxima. Drives great, very dependable, and comfortable."

Great car

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Radio and CD player performace is also excellent"

Cons: "Headrest placement took some getting used to."

"Solid, comfortable and reliable and with nice style too. Virtually no performance problems. Normal maintenance only. Bought it new. mpg suburb to city commute 20.9 mpg. Hwy 25 mpg."

great car but not a winter car.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"This is defiantly designed for non-smokers, if not it has big flaws. It does not do well in real winter weather."

LOVE

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "Not a great turning radius."

"Love this car, Love Nissan. Would absolutely buy another!"

Luv My Max...

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "nice sports sedan, powerful, heavy,"

Cons: "transmission at 170,000 mi slips"

"I recently had car fever and went to test drive cars that were comparable to my maxima. Needless to say, I feel like keeping my car alittle longer. Nothing stood out to me to convince me that it was worth enough to replace my maxima. Yes, I am now experiencing a slip from 1 to 2 in my transmission...and my catalytic converter needs repaired...but that is it. This level of repair/rebuild can be costly but my car still runs like a champ even without the repairs. I have leather seats and some minor exterior repairs to make but my car is still good for a few more years. I love my car, the power, the size...very nice sports sedan. The new maxima didn't even impress me enough to go in debt for a new car smell....it just was't that big of a driving difference. My husband said I would have to do a major upgrade to see any difference."

I love this car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "great to drive, speed and comfort"

Cons: "tires are expensive"

"I have had no problems with this car. it's the best car i've owned. great pick up, great gas mileage, and she looks good!"

My first Maxima

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I've never owned a Nissan before but I will never go back to anything else now that I have. This car has the smoothest ride I've ever experienced. The seats are so comfortable and my kids even want to be seen in it. Great gas millage too!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25