2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 577 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Not for everyone

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Sharp handling, excellent power."

Cons: "Rough ride, seats lack support."

"Comparing this car to my last two cars a 10 Camry V6 and 05 Accord V6 it handless much sharper and rides rougher. The power is better than Carmy but not better than Accord and the mileage is only slightly worse than the Camry and Accord. The interior is one of the nicest I have seen but the leather seats lack side support. Reliability wise the driveline has been solid but with any "loaded" car there are a lot of little issues that pop up from time to time."

2006 Nissan Maxima

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Nice looking car (Exterior, interior)"

Cons: "Pretty much everything"

"As a Nissan Maxima fan I am disappointed in this car. Weeks after I got the car I started experiencing problems and 2 years later still nothing but problems. If you don't have to buy this car DONT BUY IT. Even before I got the car I read bad reviews on this car (transmission, struts, A/C etc.) and I got it anyways thinking my experience would be different but boy was I wrong. The car is a very attractive looking car, but do yourself a favor and move along it is not worth it"

Great car by Nissan. Comfortable, lots of power.

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive, good MPG."

Cons: "Instrument cluster is not well tought out."

"I bought this car new and have used 100% synthetic oil in the engine and changed the CVT oil every 30K with NissanMatic as recommended. I am on my third set of tires. So in 75K it used up 2 sets. Have 10K on the new ones. Have not had to replace one thing, not one, except for a battery. It does have a small freon leak on the high pressure side, but I just added freon and no plroblem. Will replace it in Spring. Gets about 25-26 MPG on hiway and 21-22 MPG in town. Nissan did it right when they built this car, however, I paid a premium in '05 (first year of body change) they list for about the same now then in '05. This is my wifes daily driver and she loves it. Still looks new since it is allways garaged and adult driven."

Terrific car

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "dependable, very attractive, comfortable"

Cons: "turning radius"

"Bought this car new. I have never had any issue at all with it. It is still my primary vehicle and it is always reliable. I get decent gas mileage too! I still love the car and have no immediate plans to sell it. The only thing i would change about it is that the turning radius is awful. I plan to drive it until at least 200,000 miles."

Great car for long drives as well as local trips.

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Drives great, has the power to step up when needed"

Cons: "Lower gas mileage."

"Love the heated steering wheel and seats. I would like a little better gas mileage, but you get the performance anytime you need it, so it is worth it. Drives and handles great."

It has been an excellent ride for almost 9 years.

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"The cons of this car are, large turning radius, torque steer under heavy acelleration. The beauty of this car far out weighs the cons. Comfortable, superb handeling, great sound system, great styling. I have had to relace the battery, tires, and brake pads. I change the oil every 3000 miles, a must the oil filter is about 1 cup in size. I get 33 MPG @ 80 miles per hour on the interstate. Premium gas is required. The 3.5 liter V-6 lives up to accaims by the automotive press as one of the best engines ever made. 0-60 in a little over 5 seconds, and a 12 second quarter mile. This car is stock, and at 5500 RPM's it is doing about 147 MPH, 6500 rpm's is the red line. $9000 in excellent condition is $3500 short of what the car is worth. I know, been in the car business for 25 plus years, I will keep this car until they take my license. My previous 280Z 1981 model year, ran strong for 300,000 miles, before I traded it. If you are looking for a good used car, the Maxima will exceed your expectaions."

Solid

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Solid car very dependable, strong engine great ride. turning radius is a little large."

I can drive for two days and not feel tired

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

"It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. After 84000 miles it looks as nice as when I bought it I keep it garaged. The seats are just starting to show a little ware from sliding in and out. But we take care of it and don't let our grand kids abuse it. It is like anything else it is how you treat it, I know people that could destroy an anvil."

You get what you pay for.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Great horsepower. Great handling.Very reliable."

Cons: "Interior is very cheap"

"I bought this car a year ago with 63000miles and so far I am satisfied. I drive this car heavily and have already put 20000 mile on the car in 1 year. The only issue I have had was that the instrument cluster failed on me, other than that the car has performed very well. The only thing I don't like about the car is that the interior looks very cheap. But the car has very good looks and the huge V6 has tremendous power."

Great Car--Solid and Quick

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Get up and go in the engine and solidly built."

Cons: "Nothing really bugs me about this car."

"I have owned this car since new. It is fast and well put together. I have 86,000 miles on it and still like to "step on it" still every now and then. It just goes! Has held up pretty well interior and exterior. Overall very satisfied. Nice Job by Nissan and this was the first year of the model change!!"

Four door muscle!

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

"A four door hotrod!!!A real sleeper that will chew up many notable stock sporty cars..But with build quality and bells and whistles that are superb."

For an import, I am impressed!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Very sporty and fun to drive"

Cons: "The cost of some of the repairs!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!"

"First and foremost, I am a DIE HARD Mopar fan! I was born and raise with Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler products and I will stick with them until the day I die! I came to own my Maxima because my wife at the time wanted a new car and that happen to be what she choose. And like I said, I am a Mopar man through and through, but I must say I am very impressed with this car! We bought it brand new with only 69 miles on it and I have never had to do any major work to it! About the only thing I STRONGLY dislike about this car is the cost for some of the repairs!!! Just to replace a headlight bulb (which I very quickly found out I couldn't do due to ridiculous process involved just to change it! So it had to go into the shop!) costs OVER $500!!!! I was flabbergasted!!!! But with all that aside I am honestly impressed and actually enjoy driving the car!"

Do Not Buy! Worst Car I Ever Owned.

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "it had power. spaciius interior"

Cons: "poor quality. Poor turning radius."

"I bought this car new and it cost me more to maintain than my BMW 328. The transmission needed to be totally overhauled at 70,000 for $5,000. The transmission solenoids fail on a regular basis. The fog lights have broken twice. The sun roof has broken once. To change a simple headlight you have to remove the front bumper - Nissan charges $250 to install a $30 bulb. The interior began to fall apart after 5 years of moderate wear. The Bose stereo does not work correctly.The power when I bought the car was great but has deteriorated significantly over time. The fit and finish was poor for the Nissan flagship car."

The best car we have ever owned!

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Peppy engine, comfortable ride, fabulous features"

Cons: "None!"

"We love our Maxima! The performance, looks and features are luxurious. We love the heated leather seats, dual climate control and integrated blue tooth. Last summer we went on a cross-country road trip and the Maxima performed excellently, even over high elevation mountain passes. The comfort and ride is unlike any car I have ever owned (and I have had a LOT of cars!) It corners like it's on rails and has enough pep to get me from a complete stop on a freeway on-ramp to freeway speed in seconds. Highly recommended! I am pretty sure my next car will be another Maxima...if I ever decided to trade this one in."

Very good car IF there were no problems

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Looks cool, good maneuverability"

Cons: "stupid transmission problems"

"I am not sure whether it is because I have bad luck or something, but I bought this car and own it for about half a year right now (mileage >100000mi). It took me about 5000 bucks to fix the transmission after 4 months driving the car. The mec told me that I'll be able to drive the car as long as possible if I go back for routine check ups. 2 months later, while driving my friends on a highway for a dinner party, the engine broke down, it transmission problem haunts back again."

Disappointed for the money.

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "power and handling are great"

Cons: "interior not comfortable or convenient"

"My mom purchased this car new. Didn't get a very good price. The power and handling are great. Like the keyless on/off. The interior could be designed better. The seats are not very comfortable, could use more padding and a "hand crank lumbar adjustment"-really???? The buttons for the seat heaters are on the front of the consol & are hard to find while driving, also get bumped easily without realizing it. Overall, it's overpriced"

I loved this car until....

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Reason: Transmission failed

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "doesnt last over 100k miles"

"I was the second owner, buying it in 2008 when it only had 32k miles on it. I did the transmission flush service at 60k miles and changed the oil faithfully. I thought I could not go wrong with a Nissn! especially the Maxima which is their top of the line. I had to trade the car off because the transmission was jerking and became unreliable and a serious driving hazard. at least I was able to trade it before it completely failed. Please read other reviews or google 2006 maxima transmission problems and you will be amazed at how many people have had the same issue. i am so dissapointed in Nissan. i absolutely loved this car and it breaks my heart to see older models still on the road. they did something wrong when they changed the body style. car looks very nice and is fun to drive, but i wouldn't reccomend it unless you have a warranty to cover the transmission because they cost over 5k to replace."

Excellent Car! Bought new & no regrets!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"In 8 years only once was it in the shop for repairs and that was to replace a steering sensor; under $300. Found Maxima to have a very comfortable ride. Have had so many compliments on the beauty of this car."

Excellent

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"50K No Mechanical Problems, Rides Drives great, Looking to buy another!. Headlight seals leaked after 3 years They would NOt make good on the warranty. Other than that excellent car"

Great Engine, Rusty undercarriage

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "engine and transmission performance"

Cons: "body rust, poor turning radius, blind spots"

"This car will start to rust out at 50,000 miles. Especially the brake parts and floorpan. The rust will eat off your tail pipe hangers and you'll have to have new ones welded on. Unless you live in the Southwest. The CD changer Head Unit will skip and become useless. Nobody plays cassette tapes any more either. There will be a mildew smell in the A/C unit, and the exterior window gaskets will start to smell like sewage mixed with cheese, especially if you regularly park under a tree. You won't be able to open the windows and rest your arm on the sill because that smell will get on you. The under-body cowling grommets will pop off and the protective skirts under the car will flap around until you replace the grommets, or they fly off by themselves on the highway. The TURNING RADIUS IS TERRIBLE and you will be blocking traffic every time you park because you can't get in and out of parking spaces easily. However, the engine and transmission are GREAT. Smooth, powerful, and, unfortunately, inefficient. I have to dump this car because brains aren't everything. I want one with a good body too."

WORST VEHICLE EVER!!!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It had nice wheels? well kind of..."

Cons: "too many to list. in short, the whole car fails!"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and it has been nothing but problems! Replaced the transmission twice. Once, at 46k, the other time at 79k. The car now has 84k on it. The only reason ive kept the car as long as i have is because i coulnt even get what was owed on it if I sold it. Now Im just going to bite the bullet and cut my losses and get a different car. I will never again buy a nissan! The trans wasnt the only problem i had with it, the abs failed, the head gasket failed (after only 59k!) the a/c failed, plus a whole laundry list of other things!! THis car was a failure from the beginning!! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!!"

WOW!! Fantastic in every way........

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

"NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER, BEST CAR I EVER HAD............."

Very good car, with power, style reliability

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value and extremely reliable over the 9 year"

Cons: "Tinny sound when closing doors and trunk."

"I would buy another without a doubt if I were younger."

tremendous reliability

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Always have loved it. No major problems, taken well care of."

The worst car ever!!!

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "comfy"

Cons: "faulty Tranmission"

"I bought this vehicle and the transmisso0n went out at under 100,000 miles! please dont buy this vehicle! There is many lawsuits against nissan for faulty tranmissions."