2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

So far - so good!

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, great in the winter"

Cons: "wish the trunk would spring all the way open when clicked (especially when my hands are full)"

"Purchased new in May of 2006, I have 70k miles as of September of 2011. Never needed to take in for warranty work... Still on the original brakes! The only things I have had to do is replace the battery and both a front headlight and tail light (they had to take the bumper off to replace the head light)! I use regular gas and get between 35-29 mpg. Love the heated steering wheel, overall comfort and performance. The computer display is pretty dated and not very user friendly. CVT transmission has always seemed to downshift at odd times, glad I purchased the SL as the tires are not low profile allowing for longer life and better traction in snow. I would buy this car again, but wanting something a bit nicer... perhaps an Infinity G37x"

Great Car, Never an issue 132K later

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, dependable, handles great."

Cons: "Not as much room as an SVU or minivan. (Our family is growing and our car can't keep up)."

"I've had my Nissian Maxima 05 for over 6 years now and can say I've been very pleased with my decision to purchase. I've never had an serious issues with it. It's always been very dependable but still a luxury vehicle. As you can see 132K is a lot of miles to drive over 6 years so I can say I've put it to the test and than some."

Stick to Toyota

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Worst quality I have ever owned. Very Loud and cheapl;y made. with in 4 months the sunroof borke, switch ni the heater broke, and the car squeaks and rattles over every bump. All of this with just 48000 miles"

never will buy the Maxima again

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"Car has given us transmission problems , slips in and out of gear when going slow. Navigational system quit working after 2 1/2 years. back leather seat seam coming apart at stitching."

2008 Maxima, sporty sedan

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Nissan has had good luck with its maxima.I can see why great looking better than 06-and older atleast for me great engine. The interior great as well better than the 08 altima which i own as well. My only complaint is that gas mileage could be better i get about 18.5 in town and about 25 highway but if you afford like any midrange to high end sedan gas mileage should bother you its about comfort, looks, and reliabilty."