2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 589 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

nice looking vehicle but needs improvments

By on Friday, November 12, 2010

"So i've owned a 2004 maxima for about 3 years now, It's very stylish and nice from the inside out. I always get compliments on how nice it is. Now I hate to pick on my car,it was a gift from my husband because he knew i really really wanted one. It's known to have transmission problems and a bad rattle and i've had to deal with them both. The rattle was almost unbearable! Now it's fixed, so it's time to spend a whole lot of money on a transmission. Also, ever since i've had my car none of the fuses work. We've changed them but they just blow out as soon as they go in. It's been a few little things since i've had my car so i guess im just a little bitter about how things are going with it. It's a nice car but i really don't plan on keeping it long!"

Disappointed

By on Sunday, November 07, 2010

"This car was my second new Maxima. Unfortunately I have had several significant maintenance issues with the car. I have had constant issues with the breaks, rotors continue to warp and the ABS controller has failed twice. The headlight electronic controller also failed and the Dealer tried to charge me $1,500 to fix. I wrote Nissan but they could care less - they have my money. I won't buy another Nissan"

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

Nothing but problems

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"I ve had this 2004 Maxima for less than a year and am trading it in tomorrow. Have had nothing but problems since I bought it. Engine rattles horribly, constant knocks and noises from front and back and feels like its going to fall apart. Poorly made and nothing but headaches. Good acceleration but sticks at times and is sluggish at times...oh yea, and the metal frame under the driver and passenger floors are RUSTING OUT (terrible defect) with holes! Loved my old 96 Maxima but this one is terrible. STAY AWAY! Can't wait to pick up a Sonata tomorrow."