2008 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 595 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Four door muscle!

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

"A four door hotrod!!!A real sleeper that will chew up many notable stock sporty cars..But with build quality and bells and whistles that are superb."

For an import, I am impressed!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Very sporty and fun to drive"

Cons: "The cost of some of the repairs!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!"

"First and foremost, I am a DIE HARD Mopar fan! I was born and raise with Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler products and I will stick with them until the day I die! I came to own my Maxima because my wife at the time wanted a new car and that happen to be what she choose. And like I said, I am a Mopar man through and through, but I must say I am very impressed with this car! We bought it brand new with only 69 miles on it and I have never had to do any major work to it! About the only thing I STRONGLY dislike about this car is the cost for some of the repairs!!! Just to replace a headlight bulb (which I very quickly found out I couldn't do due to ridiculous process involved just to change it! So it had to go into the shop!) costs OVER $500!!!! I was flabbergasted!!!! But with all that aside I am honestly impressed and actually enjoy driving the car!"

Excellent

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"50K No Mechanical Problems, Rides Drives great, Looking to buy another!. Headlight seals leaked after 3 years They would NOt make good on the warranty. Other than that excellent car"

Worst car I have EVER owned!!!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "It's pretty!"

Cons: "Everything else!"

"I had to replace the transmission when it was less than 80k. I found out this is a common problem in Maximas and they actually tried to recall the transmission, but Nissan declined... THIS IS ABSURD that this is a common problem. My car is a 2004... you should have to replace a transmission that soon. It cost $4500. The heater in my car doesn't blow hot air when it is idling... I have had to replace multiple sensors in the car, each costing $200-300. My car is now having transmission problems again, and I have been told it will cost another $4500... and it was replaced by a Nissan Dealership... I will never buy another Nissan again. I have dumped so much money in this car... I bought it thinking it would be a reliable car and it has put me in the whole financially. DO NOT BUY NISSAN!"

2005 Max SE

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"Nice car, but I don't think I will purchase another. Moving up to the Infiniti G or M. This car has had constant front end issues and the dealership would not repair even under warranty. Too many squeaks and noises. They come from the hood, the pass door, and under the hood, as well as the front end each time you drive over a speed bump. The CD (Bose Sys) has been replaced under warranty and now is intermittant again. Good power but the tranny hesitates too much. Also something that drives me nuts on a premium car like this is the fact that all the controls do not light up at night, meaning you have to turn the interior lites on to see how to operate your accesories. Won't buy again, mostly because of dealer support and the freakin' squeaks!"