2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 603 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2006 Maxima owner

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"disappointed in the vehicle; expected better gas mileage, has electronic issues (power window) and had to replace battery at 18 months. Cosmetic flaws in front name plate. Leather seats showing signifcant wear after only 2 years being driven by mature woman with no children. Car is good looking and fast when fueled with premium gas. Likely not to buy another Nissan based on this experience."

Excellent Car! Bought new & no regrets!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

"In 8 years only once was it in the shop for repairs and that was to replace a steering sensor; under $300. Found Maxima to have a very comfortable ride. Have had so many compliments on the beauty of this car."

I love my Maxima!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,engine,bose"

Cons: "road noise,air to the rear"

"I bought this car new in June of 2007.It is just what I would expect from a Maxima. I have Always been a nissan driver and they make great cars. About 90000 miles i had to replace a belt that was about to break im not sure what is was,but it did not dig a hole in my pocket to replace.And around 100000 miles the sunroof shade came loose and hasnt been fixed because nissan says there is nothing wrong,the sunroof works fine.There isnt alot of air flow from the two vents in the rear and something is in the rear cup holder an oil or juice.I have wiped it up and pulled out the thing in it and it keeps coming back I will have to tell nissan when i go get my oil change.overall great car"

average

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "roomy car and fast"

Cons: "parts R expensive, DIY maint time consuming"

"This car is okay, had to replace timing chains and tensioner due to a factory defect that Nissan was aware about but was not covered under warranty as mine failed after 90k miles, Nissan still failed to acknowledge this defect and replace for free. Front end has been replaced due to popping sounds new lower control arms, struts, strut mounts, bearing caps. Front grill is plastic with chrome finish this peels after a while, bad turning radius, to much plastic under engine eventually plastic pins that hold it in wear out and plastic comes off. front light replacement on driver side is easy passenger side takes longer as you have to remove the fender well to get to it. Driver side remove air cleaner housing and you can change out lights easy. Spark plugs are hard to change out as you have to remove the manifold no way around this. you start to have a lack of power when the car gets over 100k"

Never Again!!!

By on Thursday, April 08, 2010

"I always swore by Nissan up until this purchase. I traded in a 97 Max for a 2005 model. Big mistake. Im now paying for a new trans ($3300). I just got done paying for a catalytic converter and cam sensors ($1700) 4 months ago. This car is a money pit. Nissan knows it and will do nothing about it. I have found out that there is a class action lawsuit regarding the defective transmission. Ive owned this car for almost 4 yrs now and cant trade it in due to the transmission. I still owe money on this car and who knows how long the next 12,000 mile warranty transmission will last. My 97 Max never had any problems. I put over 300,000 miles on that car. I wish I still had it. I would recommend a newer model with the CVT trans. This one is a disaster waiting to happen. I dont have $5000 just hanging around for repairs to get my car to work properly. I have to find a way though, because Im still making payments for it. Steer clear of the 05 Maxima!!! BTW, the seats are very uncomfortable for any trip longer than 20 minutes. The turning radius is horrible due to the wide tires. After 4 yrs Im still doing 3 point turns just to get into regular parking spaces. Its something that you will never get used to. Forget U turns. The car will not do them on narrow roads. All the power window motors are weak and take forever to put up or down. That will probably be my next big expense. For some reason, the car always wants to have the AC on. No matter how many times I turn it off, the car will turn it back on. It kills gas mileage. I have to continually look down to see if its on or not. On the brighter side, the car has a lot of nice features. I like the tinted mirrors at night, the telescoping steering wheel, the stereo, and the overall look of the car. Its a pretty car to look at. When the car is running properly it is very fun to drive. It will match up with much more expensive Mercedes and BMW's. Ive never driven a car that just takes off when I hit the gas. There is NO hesitation. Its like a rocket from a standstill. Hopefully, when I get my trans next week, I can get back to enjoying my car that I spend so much money on."