2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 606 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Great Car!

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I have owned this car for two years and it is a gem. Handles well, and is suitable for all personalities. Folks with families will find ample room to store whatever they need, and single folks will enjoy the stylish look. The car runs great and is pretty efficient in terms of MPG (22/27 is what I have experienced)."

awesome car

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"This car has great power,style and ride. I always had a stick shift. Even driving an automatic is great in this car. The repairs have been minimal (brakes, oil changes). The one "negative" is the cost of the tires (I get them for $250 a piece). I'm buying a new one this year."

Wonderful Car

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"I bought this with my fiancee and we absolutely LOVED it! Its very reliable, we had it for over a year and a half and never had a problem!! Its really fun to drive...this car can get on it!! We had the SL edition so we had some really neat features like the handsfree phone, powerseats, the driver memory seat, the side mirrors that fold in....it was great! The only thing that I didn't like about the car was the long moon roof. Its just really....unattractive to me. It looks like you have a number 1 on your car (like a race car)....But if you can get over that one flaw...definately buy this car! The performace was great, the gas mileage was awesome we averaged about 28 in the city and 32 on the highway. And it is really comfortable!!"

love it.

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"ohhhhh my goodness best car in the world! i love it soo so much it has the best of everyting. never have had a problem with it and has tons of power..also my maxima has the elite package..amazing!"

Good Overall

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Fun car to drive with lots of get up and go. Could be better with comfort, it does not take speed bumps well. Turning radius is very bad. Have problems with front seat. Negatives aside this is a very good car to drive."

My Best Car

By on Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I have been using this car last 5 years and over all I spent only $700 un-scheduled maintenance costs. Over all I am satisfied."

best car i ever had

By on Thursday, March 26, 2009

"this car's performance is outstanding. I have not had a problem since i purchased it . I use it ever day and I love it. I make sure I stay on top of the maintanance."

Great Vehicle for the money

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"We bought the SL model in Dec. 06 as an 07 model. Car has everything except navigation. Everything works great and has never had any problems. CVT transmission takes a little to get used to, but it's very smooth and still performs well. Average mpg of 21 in town and 25 highway burning 87 octane gas. I've been told that premium give better mileage. The car rides as nice as any car I've owned including two cadillacs, and handling is still responsive and fun. There is plenty of interior room, I'm 6'1 and 225 and can sit comfortably with people in the back seat. If you buy one, make sure you keep the gas cap on real tight, or you'll have to pay to have your "engine" light reset!"

Pretty Good Great Car

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Fast, stylish, fun car to drive. 17,000 miles in just over 4 years. We use it mainly on the weekends. Complaints would be turning radius, and cheap chrome-covered plastic moulding and drip rails (replaced once and already faded after 2 years in an always garaged and maintaned vehicle). This is my 4th Max; 1986, 1991, 1997. It won't be the last. Now if I could only talk my wife into a 2009...."

front end banging noize

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I've had my struts replaced 5 times in 5 years. The last 2 months twice. The front end has this banging noise that no one can figure out. My whole front end is brand new,you name it it has been changed. Now Nissan has their corprate guy working on it. All he's doing is changing new parts thinking their defective. I'm lucky that all this work is under warranty,but it's ticking me off. CAN ANYONE HELP ME ????"

WHAT HAPPEN??

By on Monday, November 3, 2008

"I owned a 98 and loved it. Bought a 04 (se 6 speed manual) in 2006. WHT HAPPEN, great sound system BUT you cant enjoy it cause the car rattles VERY DISAPOINTING all the "buttons" that secure the interior of the trunk fall out POOR ASSEMBLY. Most disturbing is the lack of traction griving in inclimate conitions ESCECIALLY the snow...being in the NorthEast thats no good...WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER."

Best Vehicle for the money

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I've had my 08 SE for about 2 months and it's GREAT.. My one small complaint is the turning radius, which is not a big deal since it doesn't come into play that much. The car is very fast and has great handling. For the price that I paid, it's a premium sports car WITHOUT the premium price. The CVT works well and gives you more then enough power at any speed. The Car's interior is very comfortable and quite."

Awesome Car

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"I've owned over 30 cars and this is probably my all time favoite. 48,000 miles and not one mechanical problem. Only service in 4 years was oil changes. It's good looking, very comfortable and runs really strong. It's quick, fast and fun to drive."

Great auto

By on Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Better ride than my sons Mercedes Has great get up and go, change lanes with ease . A roomy sedan yet very sporty."

Do not BUY

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"I have owned my maxima for 18 months and i hate it. I bought a maxima thinking it was a luxury car, not a car that would be in the shop every other weekend. Here is my list of repairs that where not covered by my waranty that i had to pay for; busted motor monts, cracked heat sheilds, broken air flow sensors (both of them). Needless to say there has been many more. I would not reccomend this car to anyone!! I am now selling my car!"

Not the Best Ever

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"We have owned a 2004 Maxima for 4 years. The styling, gas mileage, and comfort are great. However, we paid $1400 extra for the Nissan chrome wheels and for the past year can't keep air in the tires. After multiple trips to various tire dealers and putting nitrogen in our tires, they determined the problem to be corrosion on the chrome wheels, which allows air to leak between the tires and the wheels. Never owned a car that I couldn't keep air in the tires. The original Goodyear Eagle tires were replaced due to defects but the problem still exists. I plan to take care of this problem in the coming months and it won't be by buying another Nissan."

Best Car I've Ever Had

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"I bought mine new in Sept. 2003. It looks great, rides great, the sound system is awesome. I've had many many compliments on this car. Haven't really had any problems with it. Really, the only complaint I have about it is that it has the turning radius of a cruise ship, which sometimes makes it difficult to get into tight parking spaces."

Good Riddance

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"Ownership of this car was just like that of a boat--happiest day was when I got it and next happiest day was when I traded it! Not sure what happened with Nissan here, but this was certainly my last and I've owned three. It was always something wrong with this car. Went thru tires like I had a Michelin tree in my backyard, then they couldnt get the drivebelt to stop making excess noise, very annoying! Next the suspension developed a shaking syndrome, and finally the a/c went out. All this in 3 yrs and 54k miles, completely unacceptable. Only good thing about the car was the power, never in short supply there but the neg to that was the excessive torque understeer. Actually even the styling wore adversely on me after I bought it seemed to get more and more ugly (maybe that was the fact that it was a bushel of lemons). Finally dumped that thing 3 months ago and never looked back, bought a beautiful Acura TL and couldnt be happier with this car. I am officially a Honda man now!!! I pray for the unlucky soul who got stuck with that valueless heap..."

Don't buy it

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"I had a 2004 maxima with 41,424 miles. Vehicle started smoking took it to dealership, Service dept advised me I needed to replace all valve guide seals, sprockets, timing chain and transmission. Over $4500.00 I had to pay to have vehicle repaired, Nissan WOULD NOT cover under power train warranty!!! Traded vehicle for more dependable vehicle. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! will never buy a Nissan again."

Cool Car; Lots of compliments

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Stylish; comfortable; powerful 265 HP engine; uses premium gas; not too bad on mileage; roomy for every one of 5 occupants; large trunk - holds golf clubs or several pairs of skis, accessories, etc. fold down back seats convenient; awesome sound system; good quality overall but there were 4 recalls within 3 years: bushings, moon roof, heated seat wires, and premature cracking of original 18" Goodyear tires but all parts/labor were covered - even a new set of all season radials. Needs winter tires for traction in snow and ice."

Stylish but Disappointing

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I purchased my Nissan Maxima right off of the truck with 7 miles on it. It took a while to get used to the rough ride, but after my tires were recalled by Goodyear and replaced, it rides better. There has always been a rattling when I start it up and I was told that it is normal, not cool with me. Now my transmission snatches when put in gear and when shifting in low gear. I am so unhappy with this car especially for the price you pay. My sister-in-law's Altima seems in better shape than my Maxima and mine cost more."

The best of the 3 maximas that I have owned

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"This car has virtually no problems, it has the comfort of a luxury car , the interior is spacious and very comfortable, on long trips I got 29 mi/gal wich is better then the EPA posted milage for this car. It is the best of the last 3 maximas that I have owned."

nice car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"THIS IS THE FIRST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A "TRUCK" PERSON. I DECIDED TO PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE FOR FUEL PURPOSES AND I LOVE IT. BEST CHANGE I'VE EVER MADE."

Power and Performance

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Likes: Comfort, Power, Acceleration Dislikes: Some poor interior quality(plastic trim), Torque steer when accelerating, and the massive 40ft turning radius: some sharp corners are almost impossible to navigate. The car has been completely reliable and is a blast to drive--I have the six speed manual transmission."

# 1 Sedan in Style & Ride

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"The Maxima is cheap to maintain and service. It is an awesome vehicle. I could not imagine driving another vehicle except Maxima"