2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 606 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Higs and Lows

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Gadgets, economy for its size, looks"

Cons: "ABS and strut reliability, lack of passenger lumbar"

"My 2004 has served me adequately, but not well. It's beautiful and has gadgets and gizmos galore. My wife loves the folding mirrors and heated steering wheel. We like the fact that the driver's seat memory includes mirror and steering wheel positions. Mechanically, we've been pleased with 30 MPG on long drives. What we didn't like was premature failure of struts and rear ABS system problems ($2000). We are still waiting for the transmission problems to surface, but are glad to wait."

Saved Our LIVES!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This car was by far the best car I have ever owned! It was roomy dependable and classy! Got great gas mileage and had alot of power. But most imoportant it saved my family's life! My husband, my two babies (2ys and 7m) and I were in a horrible rollover accident while driving this car. Just by looking at the car you would not expect there to be any survivors. But because of how well built the maxima was and having all 6 air bags deploy, with the help of seat belts and proper child seats, we all walked away without a broken bones or stiches! I thank God every day for sparing our lives and I know that if we were driving anything else our luck might not be so good."

Solid car

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power, good gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "turning radius, unsupportive seats, OE tires r bad"

Family reunion in the Maxima

"I bought this vehicle new almost 8 years ago. I have not had any mechanical issues with this car. However at about 65000 miles a metallic noise started from underneath the vehicle mostly noticeable when trying to hold a speed between 40-50 mph. I've been told it's either the heat shield or the guts of the catalytic converter coming loose (which I was told is fairly common on these). I was told it's nothing to worry about but it is annoying never the less. Also, this vehicle is tricky when it comes to getting the right tire. The Goodyears that came with the car were total garbage. They only lasted 29000 miles (and that's with regular rotation) and they turned into rocks and made the ride rough and unpleasant. They also caused a shake in the steering wheel. I then tried Toyo Versados which were better but there was still a shake in the steering wheel. I had both sets of these tires balanced numerous times with no success in getting rid of the shaking steering wheel. Finally when the Toyos wore out at 65000 miles I purchased Michelin Primacy tires. This was the best purchase I could have made. Since I put these on, the car has no shake in the steering wheel and rides much nicer. If you own this car or are going to buy one I would definitely reccommend getting Michelin Primacy tires. They're not the cheapest option but you'll be glad you did once you feel the difference. This car has more than enough power. The handling is decent, but I would like it a little stiffer with less sway since it's classified as a 4 door sports car. Also, the turning radius on this car is ridiculous. Don't even try doing a uturn unless it's a very wide road. I don't know why they didn't make the radius tighter. The seats could definitely use more support on the sides. Sometimes around turns you can feel like your sliding around. The BOSE stereo system is well worth the money. Great sound. The HID headlights are also worth the money. Despite being a bigger, more powerful V6, the car gets decent gas mileage. On long straight highway trips I usually get 27 or 28 mpg. In town maybe 20 or 21 mpg. The bad part is premium fuel is recommended for best performance. I've used premium since the car was new so I couldn't tell you if using regular would have negative affects. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this car so far. Up to this point reliability has not been an issue at all. The car still has plenty of pep and other than routine maintenance I haven't put any money into it. While it's not perfect, I don't know any car that is. I would definitely recommend this car to family and friends."

Family reunion in the Maxima

Worst car I have EVER owned!!!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "It's pretty!"

Cons: "Everything else!"

"I had to replace the transmission when it was less than 80k. I found out this is a common problem in Maximas and they actually tried to recall the transmission, but Nissan declined... THIS IS ABSURD that this is a common problem. My car is a 2004... you should have to replace a transmission that soon. It cost $4500. The heater in my car doesn't blow hot air when it is idling... I have had to replace multiple sensors in the car, each costing $200-300. My car is now having transmission problems again, and I have been told it will cost another $4500... and it was replaced by a Nissan Dealership... I will never buy another Nissan again. I have dumped so much money in this car... I bought it thinking it would be a reliable car and it has put me in the whole financially. DO NOT BUY NISSAN!"

I love my 2004 maxima!!

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "You will love it..."

Cons: "Dont leave keys in car while running doors will lock"

"I bought my max brand new with seven miles on it. Now I have 203000 miles and it still running like the first day. Never had any majar probilems just routine. I just got a new one and I dont even drive it. Still driving my old one everyday....."

2005 Max SE

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"Nice car, but I don't think I will purchase another. Moving up to the Infiniti G or M. This car has had constant front end issues and the dealership would not repair even under warranty. Too many squeaks and noises. They come from the hood, the pass door, and under the hood, as well as the front end each time you drive over a speed bump. The CD (Bose Sys) has been replaced under warranty and now is intermittant again. Good power but the tranny hesitates too much. Also something that drives me nuts on a premium car like this is the fact that all the controls do not light up at night, meaning you have to turn the interior lites on to see how to operate your accesories. Won't buy again, mostly because of dealer support and the freakin' squeaks!"

For the price Not Satisfied

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Overall I am not satisfied with my 2008 Maxima SE although it does have some nice features. First, I'll tell you the negatives. The driver seat is not comfortable! My Maxima is loaded with leather electric seats, which can be adjusted in many positions. However, even after adjusting it in every possible way the driver seat is still not comfortable and causes neck and back pain. The leather is not soft! The head rest projects forward too much and pushes into my head. For woman, as myself, who like to wear their hair pulled back in a clip or ponytail, the head rest touches the back of the head! How irritating!! So, I've had to turn the head rest around backwards, which looks odd! Men wouldn't have to worry about that. For the price I paid, I would like to be comfortable!! The turning radius is terrible! It's so bad that while parking in a Normal size parking spot, I typically have to turn part-way in and then backup alittle. Overall the price was too high for the quailty. Also, the resale value is much lower than expected. The postives are: The Bose stereo is awesome, the car has quick pick-up speed and is fun to drive because it's sporty. I really like the keyless push button on the driver door and trunk."

2006 Maxima owner

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"disappointed in the vehicle; expected better gas mileage, has electronic issues (power window) and had to replace battery at 18 months. Cosmetic flaws in front name plate. Leather seats showing signifcant wear after only 2 years being driven by mature woman with no children. Car is good looking and fast when fueled with premium gas. Likely not to buy another Nissan based on this experience."

Excellent Car! Bought new & no regrets!

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"In 8 years only once was it in the shop for repairs and that was to replace a steering sensor; under $300. Found Maxima to have a very comfortable ride. Have had so many compliments on the beauty of this car."

I love my Maxima!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,engine,bose"

Cons: "road noise,air to the rear"

"I bought this car new in June of 2007.It is just what I would expect from a Maxima. I have Always been a nissan driver and they make great cars. About 90000 miles i had to replace a belt that was about to break im not sure what is was,but it did not dig a hole in my pocket to replace.And around 100000 miles the sunroof shade came loose and hasnt been fixed because nissan says there is nothing wrong,the sunroof works fine.There isnt alot of air flow from the two vents in the rear and something is in the rear cup holder an oil or juice.I have wiped it up and pulled out the thing in it and it keeps coming back I will have to tell nissan when i go get my oil change.overall great car"