2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Never Again!!!

By on Thursday, April 08, 2010

"I always swore by Nissan up until this purchase. I traded in a 97 Max for a 2005 model. Big mistake. Im now paying for a new trans ($3300). I just got done paying for a catalytic converter and cam sensors ($1700) 4 months ago. This car is a money pit. Nissan knows it and will do nothing about it. I have found out that there is a class action lawsuit regarding the defective transmission. Ive owned this car for almost 4 yrs now and cant trade it in due to the transmission. I still owe money on this car and who knows how long the next 12,000 mile warranty transmission will last. My 97 Max never had any problems. I put over 300,000 miles on that car. I wish I still had it. I would recommend a newer model with the CVT trans. This one is a disaster waiting to happen. I dont have $5000 just hanging around for repairs to get my car to work properly. I have to find a way though, because Im still making payments for it. Steer clear of the 05 Maxima!!! BTW, the seats are very uncomfortable for any trip longer than 20 minutes. The turning radius is horrible due to the wide tires. After 4 yrs Im still doing 3 point turns just to get into regular parking spaces. Its something that you will never get used to. Forget U turns. The car will not do them on narrow roads. All the power window motors are weak and take forever to put up or down. That will probably be my next big expense. For some reason, the car always wants to have the AC on. No matter how many times I turn it off, the car will turn it back on. It kills gas mileage. I have to continually look down to see if its on or not. On the brighter side, the car has a lot of nice features. I like the tinted mirrors at night, the telescoping steering wheel, the stereo, and the overall look of the car. Its a pretty car to look at. When the car is running properly it is very fun to drive. It will match up with much more expensive Mercedes and BMW's. Ive never driven a car that just takes off when I hit the gas. There is NO hesitation. Its like a rocket from a standstill. Hopefully, when I get my trans next week, I can get back to enjoying my car that I spend so much money on."

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have owned my 2006 Maxima for over 3 years and still haven't found a car I like as much as I like my Maxima. It has speed, comfort, and relaibility The only thing I would change is the turning radius - you can't turn on a dime in this car. Overall, I am very pleased with my car and still enjoy driving it. The new Maxima's aren't as roomy and seem a little cramped."

For the price Not Satisfied

By on Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Overall I am not satisfied with my 2008 Maxima SE although it does have some nice features. First, I'll tell you the negatives. The driver seat is not comfortable! My Maxima is loaded with leather electric seats, which can be adjusted in many positions. However, even after adjusting it in every possible way the driver seat is still not comfortable and causes neck and back pain. The leather is not soft! The head rest projects forward too much and pushes into my head. For woman, as myself, who like to wear their hair pulled back in a clip or ponytail, the head rest touches the back of the head! How irritating!! So, I've had to turn the head rest around backwards, which looks odd! Men wouldn't have to worry about that. For the price I paid, I would like to be comfortable!! The turning radius is terrible! It's so bad that while parking in a Normal size parking spot, I typically have to turn part-way in and then backup alittle. Overall the price was too high for the quailty. Also, the resale value is much lower than expected. The postives are: The Bose stereo is awesome, the car has quick pick-up speed and is fun to drive because it's sporty. I really like the keyless push button on the driver door and trunk."

Total lemon, avoid this car.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"Car was a lemon from day one. Drivers headlight kept going out. Nissan fixed it under warranty 3 times. Finally our mechanic rewired it for $270. Dash was not installed right from factory and was replaced. Struts were recalled, after we payed for 3 alignments that didn't hold. Sidewalls split out on goodyears twice (8 total tires warrantied). Motor blew up this week at 50,000 miles. Nissan has had it for a week and haven't decided if they will cover it under warranty. Do not buy this car cost of ownership is too high."

227000 and still going strong

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and practical"

Cons: "wish it had polished metal rims not painted"

"this car has been nothing but reliable i have drove it extremely hard for the last 7 years and it does not mind one bit it is also sporty and practical i am glad i chose this car ive only had to do minor repairs (battery brakes starter) all the usual wear stuff it rides like a dream and can still take off like a camaro"