2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 576 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

It has lasted through time

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "The power is awesome. Comfortable for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive parts, leaking moon roof, paint oxidized"

"I bought this car over a Toyota because of the telescopic steering wheel. I am very tall and the wheel moved out of my way for more convenience. I also liked its sportiness and its speed and handling. I have maintained this car very well through the Nissan dealership. However, my cons with this vehicle are that the car has millions of cheap plastic parts that break off and are expensive to replace. The moon roof has been replaced twice for manufacture defects and it still rusted out and leaks. The seat assembly on the drivers side has broken twice and at a cost of $1000 to fix it each time, it is staying broken. It is a very expensive car to keep up."

MY BEST VEHICLE EVER! RELIABLE,BEST RIDE & SPORTY

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"TIME TO GIVE UP BUT I AM ATTACHED...SO MUCH ROOM AND SUCH A GREAT RIDE."

Longer term than expected

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Love the heated steering wheel!"

Cons: "Wish the trunk opened all the way when fobbed"

"I purchased this Maxima new in 2006, never used factory warranty (and would never needed to up to 8 years later)! I purchased brakes at 90k, battery and just purchased 2nd set replacement tires. This car has been rock solid, I am beginning to tire of it only because I miss the technology they have added to cars in the last 8 years. A four door sports car? Not really, but not a boring sedan either. It continues to impress me & surprise others with it's quick acceleration. Interior quality has held up better than expected.. I used regular unleaded (fill door says "premium fuel is recommended for maximum performance") For the dozen or so times I filled with premium I noticed a slight increase in performance and little fuel mileage improvement, but not enough difference on either to spend the extra cost of premium. Fuel mileage was never something to brag about, averaged about 26 mpg with 60% hwy 40% city use (of course what can you expect from a 6)?"

DO NOT BUY WEIRD TRANSMISSION SLIP

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, looks good,"

Cons: "transmission, turn radius, pick up"

my car:(

"I bought this car from auction using my friends account. My decision to grab this car went horribly wrong. The car when we test drove was very good strong and had just 87,000 miles on it for 04' SL model. But things started to fall apart the transmission started reacting weird it would get stuck on some gears and skip some gears. When I started researching this car it had One of kind TRANSMISSION flaw where it would start doing weird shifts jerks jumps stuck once the engine is completely warm ...so when its cold it would shift smooth thats where we were not able to catch this issue and new transmission is very expensive to fix around 3000$ as the junk yard people know that this vehicle has this issue they priced it HIGH all over uSA..SO my Suggestion DO NOT BUY 04-06 Nissan. Good luck!"

my car:(

Very poor mechanical design

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Stable drive, good acceleration"

Cons: "Weak suspension, poor quality compared to Toyota"

"In just 85K miles I have replaced the front struts (leaking again), rear bearings and the underside has begun to rust through. The suspension is too weak for the weight of the car. Not user friendly for doing minor maintenance, like replacing headlight bulbs (got to remove front wheels and wheel arches to gain access). Overall poor quality compared to Toyota (should have purchased a Camry)."

Transmission Trouble - Don't buy this year!

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, good gas mileage for size of car"

Cons: "Transmission is a piece of junk"

"Overall I was very pleased with this car until the transmission went out at around 100 thousand miles. This is now a known problem with this year, make & model. Class action suit ongoing against Nissan regarding this. The turn radius isn't great, tires are expensive to replace due to being low profile. Now it just looks pretty in my driveway since I can't drive it without replacing the transmission first."

Way to go Nissan, keep it up

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "reliability, exc gas mileage"

Cons: "36K 36 Mo warranty, parts can be pricey"

"bought in 2008, absolutely a pleasure to own & operate, NO problems, oil changes only. Much more refined than the 1995 Maxima it replaced, which was also excellent thru the 77K we owned it. Not as pretty as the latest model, but it'll do a couple more years as long as the reliability holds out. Recommend Maxima highly."

No major mechanical problems.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mechanicals, engine great"

Cons: "Too much plastic that, with age, break"

"In the 10 years that I have had this car, there have been no major mechanical problems. There have been a series of small nagging problem, most cosmetic and due to Nissan's tendency to use plastic where metal should be used."

My Black on Black Nissan Max

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, navigation, power, mpg, Bose sound"

Cons: "N/A"

"After owning this car for almost six months (bought it December 2013), it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I did not care about the miles it had when I originally bought it (132,000 miles) because it was a one-owner vehicle by a woman who took tremendous care of it. The CarFax was excellent. One of the main reasons is because it's my first non-American car purchase. My previous ones were a 1992 Buick Park Avenue, 2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS, & 2001 Buick Regal LS (just blessed two youth girls with that one). Obviously, this is a tremendous upgrade. As mentioned, it is black on black interior & exterior with almost every feature you can think of (navigation system, 6-disc changer, aux input, park assist, heated steering wheel and leather seats, sport shift mode). The car has all the power I need giving me 255 of them thangs (horsepower). Gas mileage is decent at around 18 mpg city & clocking in 29 mpg highway max. I get excited driving this vehicle as there aren't many of them at that year on the road. The seats are comfortable. I have plenty of trunk space to load almost everything. The manual mode is a lot of fun. The suspension and handling is tight. Finally, this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I do have to fix my speedometer which stopped working recently, but that's not bad as it continues to run & run. Nissan did a tremendous job on this car. I will drive it till I can't no more."

its good

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "alot of power for 265 hp"

Cons: "MRSP $35,000 in 2003 Nissan Flagship Model"

"Firestone replaced all 4 tires warranty at 32000. Nissan replaced sky view glass and they never prepared new installation properly. Now roof rusting in corner's. Took car to Nissan 5/14/14 got run around from body shop personnel. Havve to talk to Manager but he is not here. Right!!Fuel pump went out 2012 $600.00 repair.Battery in 2010. no other problems really good car, but updated navigation costs $175.00 no way."