2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 600 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Excellent

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"50K No Mechanical Problems, Rides Drives great, Looking to buy another!. Headlight seals leaked after 3 years They would NOt make good on the warranty. Other than that excellent car"

Worst car I have EVER owned!!!

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "It's pretty!"

Cons: "Everything else!"

"I had to replace the transmission when it was less than 80k. I found out this is a common problem in Maximas and they actually tried to recall the transmission, but Nissan declined... THIS IS ABSURD that this is a common problem. My car is a 2004... you should have to replace a transmission that soon. It cost $4500. The heater in my car doesn't blow hot air when it is idling... I have had to replace multiple sensors in the car, each costing $200-300. My car is now having transmission problems again, and I have been told it will cost another $4500... and it was replaced by a Nissan Dealership... I will never buy another Nissan again. I have dumped so much money in this car... I bought it thinking it would be a reliable car and it has put me in the whole financially. DO NOT BUY NISSAN!"

2005 Max SE

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"Nice car, but I don't think I will purchase another. Moving up to the Infiniti G or M. This car has had constant front end issues and the dealership would not repair even under warranty. Too many squeaks and noises. They come from the hood, the pass door, and under the hood, as well as the front end each time you drive over a speed bump. The CD (Bose Sys) has been replaced under warranty and now is intermittant again. Good power but the tranny hesitates too much. Also something that drives me nuts on a premium car like this is the fact that all the controls do not light up at night, meaning you have to turn the interior lites on to see how to operate your accesories. Won't buy again, mostly because of dealer support and the freakin' squeaks!"

2006 Maxima owner

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"disappointed in the vehicle; expected better gas mileage, has electronic issues (power window) and had to replace battery at 18 months. Cosmetic flaws in front name plate. Leather seats showing signifcant wear after only 2 years being driven by mature woman with no children. Car is good looking and fast when fueled with premium gas. Likely not to buy another Nissan based on this experience."

Saved Our LIVES!!

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This car was by far the best car I have ever owned! It was roomy dependable and classy! Got great gas mileage and had alot of power. But most imoportant it saved my family's life! My husband, my two babies (2ys and 7m) and I were in a horrible rollover accident while driving this car. Just by looking at the car you would not expect there to be any survivors. But because of how well built the maxima was and having all 6 air bags deploy, with the help of seat belts and proper child seats, we all walked away without a broken bones or stiches! I thank God every day for sparing our lives and I know that if we were driving anything else our luck might not be so good."