2007 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 572 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Very poor mechanical design

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Stable drive, good acceleration"

Cons: "Weak suspension, poor quality compared to Toyota"

"In just 85K miles I have replaced the front struts (leaking again), rear bearings and the underside has begun to rust through. The suspension is too weak for the weight of the car. Not user friendly for doing minor maintenance, like replacing headlight bulbs (got to remove front wheels and wheel arches to gain access). Overall poor quality compared to Toyota (should have purchased a Camry)."

Transmission Trouble - Don't buy this year!

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, good gas mileage for size of car"

Cons: "Transmission is a piece of junk"

"Overall I was very pleased with this car until the transmission went out at around 100 thousand miles. This is now a known problem with this year, make & model. Class action suit ongoing against Nissan regarding this. The turn radius isn't great, tires are expensive to replace due to being low profile. Now it just looks pretty in my driveway since I can't drive it without replacing the transmission first."

Way to go Nissan, keep it up

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "reliability, exc gas mileage"

Cons: "36K 36 Mo warranty, parts can be pricey"

"bought in 2008, absolutely a pleasure to own & operate, NO problems, oil changes only. Much more refined than the 1995 Maxima it replaced, which was also excellent thru the 77K we owned it. Not as pretty as the latest model, but it'll do a couple more years as long as the reliability holds out. Recommend Maxima highly."

No major mechanical problems.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mechanicals, engine great"

Cons: "Too much plastic that, with age, break"

"In the 10 years that I have had this car, there have been no major mechanical problems. There have been a series of small nagging problem, most cosmetic and due to Nissan's tendency to use plastic where metal should be used."

My Black on Black Nissan Max

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, navigation, power, mpg, Bose sound"

Cons: "N/A"

"After owning this car for almost six months (bought it December 2013), it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I did not care about the miles it had when I originally bought it (132,000 miles) because it was a one-owner vehicle by a woman who took tremendous care of it. The CarFax was excellent. One of the main reasons is because it's my first non-American car purchase. My previous ones were a 1992 Buick Park Avenue, 2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS, & 2001 Buick Regal LS (just blessed two youth girls with that one). Obviously, this is a tremendous upgrade. As mentioned, it is black on black interior & exterior with almost every feature you can think of (navigation system, 6-disc changer, aux input, park assist, heated steering wheel and leather seats, sport shift mode). The car has all the power I need giving me 255 of them thangs (horsepower). Gas mileage is decent at around 18 mpg city & clocking in 29 mpg highway max. I get excited driving this vehicle as there aren't many of them at that year on the road. The seats are comfortable. I have plenty of trunk space to load almost everything. The manual mode is a lot of fun. The suspension and handling is tight. Finally, this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I do have to fix my speedometer which stopped working recently, but that's not bad as it continues to run & run. Nissan did a tremendous job on this car. I will drive it till I can't no more."