2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 588 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Wil never buy another Nissan!

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Will NEVER recommend any Nissan to anyone."

Cons: "Nissan does not stand by their products."

"Have owned many Nissans. My last Maxima had 220,000 miles and was running great when I sold it. I loved this Nissan when I bought it. It began jerking when I changed gears around 90,000 miles. The transmission in these from 2004 - 2006 have issues causing the transmission to slip. Nissan has not stood behind their product refusing to correct the issue. A class action lawsuit has been filed but no telling how long that will take. Attempted to trade it in at a Nissan dealership, but they only wanted to give me $1000.00 for it because they know of the transmission issues. (My car is in very good condition other than the transmission and should have gotten at least $4500-$5000 for a trade-in.)This is the reason I bought a Subaru and will NEVER own another Nissan."

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

"VERY RELIABLE CAR!"

Excellent machine. One of the best ever.

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Great pickup looks and handling"

"Car is fantastic. Owned the car over 8 years and not a single problem. Fast pickup, smooth ride and handles great. Still looks great and style is better than new models. Great reliability. Better than new cars. Nissan outdid themselves with this machine."

Nice car

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

"I drove my car off the lot brand new. I have new had anything go wrong with my car. I love it. It's a 2004 and yes I have never hot rodded it. I like the fact you can shift it or put it in drive. When it is slippery outside you can shift it down really fast and that lowers your R P M S very quickly so you can avoid a collision. I have never had any problems with my car. The only problem with these kind of cars ( Well any kind of cars that have those kind ) that have the lights shaped the way they are very expensive to fix. I still love my car. I have owned it for 10 years and it has never failed me."

Great car, comfortable, reliable, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, low maintenance cost"

Cons: "Turning radius."

"This is my second Maxima in 20 years. I would buy a third one but we need more room for growing grandchildren and more cargo room. I have loved everything about this car except the turning radius, it is just way too short and causes problems when trying to make a U-turn. The car is very comfortable for long distance traveling for four people. It has been very reliable, with only one mechanical issue (the air compressor belt broke leaving us stranded out in the middle of nowhere). I would highly recommend this car. I know there are many more years of enjoyment left in mine but I want more modern technology and more room so we will buy a Toyota Highlander."

Great little car, really reliable.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Good Shocks, Nice Ride"

Cons: "None really."

"It's a great car for trips and short drives. It's really reliable. The cold start is great, it runs well in all weather. The thermostat malfunction was a problem with it when I bought it, it was just stressed, no big deal. Nissan replaced it I didn't complain. The car does great no matter where I've taken it. I've put 72,000+ miles on it I got it with 12. So I can't complain at all. Great car, would recommend it to anyone."

Very reliable car and has never looked outdated.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Large car with a very sporty feel - enjoy driving"

Cons: "no cons for the price"

"Changed the oil regularly and never had repair bills other than services like brakes, etc."

a great vehicle very comfortable

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "26- 28 miles a gallon on long trip going with traf"

Cons: "Burns a little oil"

Taken 9-20-2014

"SIRIUSXM radio Well maintained professionally mostly by dealer Struts replace recently as well as brakes Tan interior"

Taken 9-20-2014

has quality issues

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "expencive , but fun to drive"

Cons: "drive chain and mirrors made cheaply,"

"had a drive timing chain failure at 51000 miles . Nissan dealer told me tht was due to normal wear . not so. Nissan has a litigation law suit for premature drive chain failure . Nissan paid two thirds of the bill of $1050.00 I paid the remainder. seems the chain tighteners were made of plastic. mirrors made cheaply . car is great if u only want to keep it for 5 years ."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive"

"I have owned this car for 9 years and have found it to be a very stylish, dependable sport sedan. All things considered, especially when compared to a 3 Series BMW or E350 M-B, you can't go wrong. This car is half the price of a comparably equipped German car and maintenance costs are less as well. I would definitely consider buying this model again if I was in the market and had not made a commitment to myself to buy American."

very pleased with my MAX.

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

"very pleased with my MAX."

Handles well in or out of town

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "see above reviews"

Cons: "see above reviews"

"more mileage than 23 expected. poor turning radius. Bose speaker on left comes & goes. CD player fuzzy frequently. I would buy another Maxima 6 cyl if turning radius better."

It has lasted through time

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "The power is awesome. Comfortable for long drives"

Cons: "Expensive parts, leaking moon roof, paint oxidized"

"I bought this car over a Toyota because of the telescopic steering wheel. I am very tall and the wheel moved out of my way for more convenience. I also liked its sportiness and its speed and handling. I have maintained this car very well through the Nissan dealership. However, my cons with this vehicle are that the car has millions of cheap plastic parts that break off and are expensive to replace. The moon roof has been replaced twice for manufacture defects and it still rusted out and leaks. The seat assembly on the drivers side has broken twice and at a cost of $1000 to fix it each time, it is staying broken. It is a very expensive car to keep up."

MY BEST VEHICLE EVER! RELIABLE,BEST RIDE & SPORTY

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"TIME TO GIVE UP BUT I AM ATTACHED...SO MUCH ROOM AND SUCH A GREAT RIDE."

Longer term than expected

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Love the heated steering wheel!"

Cons: "Wish the trunk opened all the way when fobbed"

"I purchased this Maxima new in 2006, never used factory warranty (and would never needed to up to 8 years later)! I purchased brakes at 90k, battery and just purchased 2nd set replacement tires. This car has been rock solid, I am beginning to tire of it only because I miss the technology they have added to cars in the last 8 years. A four door sports car? Not really, but not a boring sedan either. It continues to impress me & surprise others with it's quick acceleration. Interior quality has held up better than expected.. I used regular unleaded (fill door says "premium fuel is recommended for maximum performance") For the dozen or so times I filled with premium I noticed a slight increase in performance and little fuel mileage improvement, but not enough difference on either to spend the extra cost of premium. Fuel mileage was never something to brag about, averaged about 26 mpg with 60% hwy 40% city use (of course what can you expect from a 6)?"

DO NOT BUY WEIRD TRANSMISSION SLIP

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, looks good,"

Cons: "transmission, turn radius, pick up"

my car:(

"I bought this car from auction using my friends account. My decision to grab this car went horribly wrong. The car when we test drove was very good strong and had just 87,000 miles on it for 04' SL model. But things started to fall apart the transmission started reacting weird it would get stuck on some gears and skip some gears. When I started researching this car it had One of kind TRANSMISSION flaw where it would start doing weird shifts jerks jumps stuck once the engine is completely warm ...so when its cold it would shift smooth thats where we were not able to catch this issue and new transmission is very expensive to fix around 3000$ as the junk yard people know that this vehicle has this issue they priced it HIGH all over uSA..SO my Suggestion DO NOT BUY 04-06 Nissan. Good luck!"

my car:(

Very poor mechanical design

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Stable drive, good acceleration"

Cons: "Weak suspension, poor quality compared to Toyota"

"In just 85K miles I have replaced the front struts (leaking again), rear bearings and the underside has begun to rust through. The suspension is too weak for the weight of the car. Not user friendly for doing minor maintenance, like replacing headlight bulbs (got to remove front wheels and wheel arches to gain access). Overall poor quality compared to Toyota (should have purchased a Camry)."

Transmission Trouble - Don't buy this year!

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, good gas mileage for size of car"

Cons: "Transmission is a piece of junk"

"Overall I was very pleased with this car until the transmission went out at around 100 thousand miles. This is now a known problem with this year, make & model. Class action suit ongoing against Nissan regarding this. The turn radius isn't great, tires are expensive to replace due to being low profile. Now it just looks pretty in my driveway since I can't drive it without replacing the transmission first."

Way to go Nissan, keep it up

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "reliability, exc gas mileage"

Cons: "36K 36 Mo warranty, parts can be pricey"

"bought in 2008, absolutely a pleasure to own & operate, NO problems, oil changes only. Much more refined than the 1995 Maxima it replaced, which was also excellent thru the 77K we owned it. Not as pretty as the latest model, but it'll do a couple more years as long as the reliability holds out. Recommend Maxima highly."

No major mechanical problems.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mechanicals, engine great"

Cons: "Too much plastic that, with age, break"

"In the 10 years that I have had this car, there have been no major mechanical problems. There have been a series of small nagging problem, most cosmetic and due to Nissan's tendency to use plastic where metal should be used."

My Black on Black Nissan Max

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, navigation, power, mpg, Bose sound"

Cons: "N/A"

"After owning this car for almost six months (bought it December 2013), it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I did not care about the miles it had when I originally bought it (132,000 miles) because it was a one-owner vehicle by a woman who took tremendous care of it. The CarFax was excellent. One of the main reasons is because it's my first non-American car purchase. My previous ones were a 1992 Buick Park Avenue, 2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS, & 2001 Buick Regal LS (just blessed two youth girls with that one). Obviously, this is a tremendous upgrade. As mentioned, it is black on black interior & exterior with almost every feature you can think of (navigation system, 6-disc changer, aux input, park assist, heated steering wheel and leather seats, sport shift mode). The car has all the power I need giving me 255 of them thangs (horsepower). Gas mileage is decent at around 18 mpg city & clocking in 29 mpg highway max. I get excited driving this vehicle as there aren't many of them at that year on the road. The seats are comfortable. I have plenty of trunk space to load almost everything. The manual mode is a lot of fun. The suspension and handling is tight. Finally, this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I do have to fix my speedometer which stopped working recently, but that's not bad as it continues to run & run. Nissan did a tremendous job on this car. I will drive it till I can't no more."

its good

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "alot of power for 265 hp"

Cons: "MRSP $35,000 in 2003 Nissan Flagship Model"

"Firestone replaced all 4 tires warranty at 32000. Nissan replaced sky view glass and they never prepared new installation properly. Now roof rusting in corner's. Took car to Nissan 5/14/14 got run around from body shop personnel. Havve to talk to Manager but he is not here. Right!!Fuel pump went out 2012 $600.00 repair.Battery in 2010. no other problems really good car, but updated navigation costs $175.00 no way."

Sad to say goodbye

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Reason: Need to get a commuter car

Pros: "Great and fun to drive"

Cons: "Fancy so never wanted to let my kids in it."

"I was the original owner, and will forever be a fan of Nissian!"

For never owning a nissan, this car is great.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Im really inpressed with this car. Would not be afraid to take it anywhere. It has more power then what I need. I would buy another maxima."

Sporty car

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Fast, sporty, comfortable, reliable, controls"

Cons: "gas mileage, turning radius"

"had it since late 2007 its a '08 model with SE package but love the car on everything. I have it maintained at Nissan dealership all oil changes/scheduled maintenance on time. Drives effortless and gas mileage isn't great but not bad. 255hp engine is great in giving Max lots of smooth performance and its sporty on a bigger interior. I got Bluetooth, 6 Disc changer Bose sound, rear sonar system, sunroof, 17'' alloy factory wheels, halogen headlights, spoiler and heated seats. LUV the car its fun driving but wish wasn't discontinued without a 6 speed manual from 2007-08 models. I like how Nissan gave it more refreshed lines and made ground effects look better after the 2004-06 Maxima's had that bland styling but my car got sportier aerodynamics which are best."