2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 565 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

For never owning a nissan, this car is great.

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Im really inpressed with this car. Would not be afraid to take it anywhere. It has more power then what I need. I would buy another maxima."

Sporty car

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Fast, sporty, comfortable, reliable, controls"

Cons: "gas mileage, turning radius"

"had it since late 2007 its a '08 model with SE package but love the car on everything. I have it maintained at Nissan dealership all oil changes/scheduled maintenance on time. Drives effortless and gas mileage isn't great but not bad. 255hp engine is great in giving Max lots of smooth performance and its sporty on a bigger interior. I got Bluetooth, 6 Disc changer Bose sound, rear sonar system, sunroof, 17'' alloy factory wheels, halogen headlights, spoiler and heated seats. LUV the car its fun driving but wish wasn't discontinued without a 6 speed manual from 2007-08 models. I like how Nissan gave it more refreshed lines and made ground effects look better after the 2004-06 Maxima's had that bland styling but my car got sportier aerodynamics which are best."

NICE RIDE THRU 64K,FIT OF INTERIOR MOLDING VERY BA

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Had this car since new.Just asked for a trade-in and what they would give me for my 64k milage car.Was told right away ,you have a hole under the car on the passenger side floor board? I was told that is a common problem with ALL MAXIMA AND ALTIMA,S. I could not believe this.I just had the trans fluid changed at a Nissan dealer,service rep,said that's right COMMON FOR MAXIMA AND ALTIMA,S TO RUST THRU UNDER PASSENGER AND OR DRIVERS FLOOR BOARD,THEY EVEN HAVE A REPAIR=550.00 FOR EACH SIDE.I asked about a recall answer was no. I told this to a person at my work who has a 2008 max,checked it out,boyh sides have holes.Iam done with any NISSAN PRODUCTS,WILL FIX MINE AND SELL IT. SO BEWARE OF ANY FLOOR PANELS ON THESE CARS"

My '04 maxima has been a great car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Good value"

Cons: "nothing that immmediately comes to mind"

"Good performance, excellent highway fuel economy while still having a good engine. Reasonably good low cost maintanenece, and after 10 years still has the look of a "muscle car." Very pleased with my second Maxima."

Lousy electronics

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Fuel gauge stopped working at 57,000 miles and dealership, its under a 'add-on' warranty, is trying to find one. Thats been 3 weeks now. The electronics on the dash, i.e.., radio, A/C all work fine but… the MTE (miles to empty) feature, stopped working also, nice feature when its working, but it adds and subtracts miles as I go down the road Mileage is a flat 22 miles to gallon - hwy/city"

All Windows Tinted w/Sun Block Top of Window Shiel

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"Not necessary"

Normal Japenese Car

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Cons: "little to no storage one 12v plug usable"

"Only got it because I had a gas guzzler before. So far problem after problem dollar after dollar spent. But gets me from a to b"

Solid car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "plenty of power, good gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "turning radius, unsupportive seats, OE tires r bad"

Family reunion in the Maxima

"I bought this vehicle new almost 8 years ago. I have not had any mechanical issues with this car. However at about 65000 miles a metallic noise started from underneath the vehicle mostly noticeable when trying to hold a speed between 40-50 mph. I've been told it's either the heat shield or the guts of the catalytic converter coming loose (which I was told is fairly common on these). I was told it's nothing to worry about but it is annoying never the less. Also, this vehicle is tricky when it comes to getting the right tire. The Goodyears that came with the car were total garbage. They only lasted 29000 miles (and that's with regular rotation) and they turned into rocks and made the ride rough and unpleasant. They also caused a shake in the steering wheel. I then tried Toyo Versados which were better but there was still a shake in the steering wheel. I had both sets of these tires balanced numerous times with no success in getting rid of the shaking steering wheel. Finally when the Toyos wore out at 65000 miles I purchased Michelin Primacy tires. This was the best purchase I could have made. Since I put these on, the car has no shake in the steering wheel and rides much nicer. If you own this car or are going to buy one I would definitely reccommend getting Michelin Primacy tires. They're not the cheapest option but you'll be glad you did once you feel the difference. This car has more than enough power. The handling is decent, but I would like it a little stiffer with less sway since it's classified as a 4 door sports car. Also, the turning radius on this car is ridiculous. Don't even try doing a uturn unless it's a very wide road. I don't know why they didn't make the radius tighter. The seats could definitely use more support on the sides. Sometimes around turns you can feel like your sliding around. The BOSE stereo system is well worth the money. Great sound. The HID headlights are also worth the money. Despite being a bigger, more powerful V6, the car gets decent gas mileage. On long straight highway trips I usually get 27 or 28 mpg. In town maybe 20 or 21 mpg. The bad part is premium fuel is recommended for best performance. I've used premium since the car was new so I couldn't tell you if using regular would have negative affects. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this car so far. Up to this point reliability has not been an issue at all. The car still has plenty of pep and other than routine maintenance I haven't put any money into it. While it's not perfect, I don't know any car that is. I would definitely recommend this car to family and friends."

Family reunion in the Maxima

227000 and still going strong

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and practical"

Cons: "wish it had polished metal rims not painted"

"this car has been nothing but reliable i have drove it extremely hard for the last 7 years and it does not mind one bit it is also sporty and practical i am glad i chose this car ive only had to do minor repairs (battery brakes starter) all the usual wear stuff it rides like a dream and can still take off like a camaro"

I'm gonna miss this car

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Impressive car, loaded with features. Great ride."

Cons: "None."

"I went to buy a new Z but fell in love with a black Maxima SE. Its the special edition with the center console in the back, full Bose sound system, 4 heated bucket seats, etc. Fast car with great handling. I'm moving to the country so I'm trading this in for a new pickup. Aside from some Transmission work, nothing but regular maintenance costs."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25