2006 Nissan Maxima

8.1

Based on 597 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

2004 Maxima SE

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"This car has been a nightmare from about 4 months into ownership. Warped rotors @ 12k miles but the brake pads were fine. Confusing to me. I had the car brought in about 12 different times over a period of 3 years for the sunroof not closing properly. 20k miles, leaking cv boots and when the Nissan dealership was working on those they ruined my front axel when attempting to put it back on. They had to order a new one. brakes have only last me about 16k miles.....Just to give you an idea...I previously owned a Ford Mustang (should have never gotten rid of that car) I didn't need to replace the brakes until 78k miles. I'm always on the freeway. Now at 75k miles, I need a new timing chain, motor mounts and the transmission needs work. Not exactly sure if it needs a new transmission but I'm not going to pay to find out. All I want to do is drive this car off a cliff. I purchased this car after my daughter was born thinking that we'd spend a little more money and buy a good quality car that would last for many years. Boy, was I wrong. I will NEVER buy another Nissan and probably never another foriegn car. What an expensive misstake I made!"

not the best vehicle...problems

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "looks great...fast/powerful"

Cons: "transmission...gas"

"i bought this vehicle in 2011 with 88k on it..2nd owner..i never had no problems on the car until i hit 112k my transmission failed my 3rd gear was gone..i brought to the shop to fix they rebuilt it for 2200 bucks! i drove it too 113k then the transmission failed again my 1st and 2nd and reverse were slipping to redline...brought it back and fixed it under warranty..i soon as i got it back i sold it..cause i didnt wanna put anymore money into it...bottom line is the car has a excellent strong motor but the transmission are horrible on the 2004's..the motor put out so much power that the transmission can not handle it..i think that nissan just has problems with transmissions on the 2004 cause this is the first year they started making the new body 6th gen..i have seen so many people with the same problem and nissan never did anything about it..they never did a recall on the transmission..i highly recommend when you buy a 2004 look into the transmission so many people are not buying this year car because of the transmission..if i would of known i would of gotten a manual..and the struts blow out at 80-90k and its a uncomfortable drive when there shot...and make sure you keep up with oil changes"

WORST VEHICLE EVER!!!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "It had nice wheels? well kind of..."

Cons: "too many to list. in short, the whole car fails!"

"I have owned this car for 8 years and it has been nothing but problems! Replaced the transmission twice. Once, at 46k, the other time at 79k. The car now has 84k on it. The only reason ive kept the car as long as i have is because i coulnt even get what was owed on it if I sold it. Now Im just going to bite the bullet and cut my losses and get a different car. I will never again buy a nissan! The trans wasnt the only problem i had with it, the abs failed, the head gasket failed (after only 59k!) the a/c failed, plus a whole laundry list of other things!! THis car was a failure from the beginning!! DO NOT BUY NISSAN!!"

The best car we have ever owned!

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Peppy engine, comfortable ride, fabulous features"

Cons: "None!"

"We love our Maxima! The performance, looks and features are luxurious. We love the heated leather seats, dual climate control and integrated blue tooth. Last summer we went on a cross-country road trip and the Maxima performed excellently, even over high elevation mountain passes. The comfort and ride is unlike any car I have ever owned (and I have had a LOT of cars!) It corners like it's on rails and has enough pep to get me from a complete stop on a freeway on-ramp to freeway speed in seconds. Highly recommended! I am pretty sure my next car will be another Maxima...if I ever decided to trade this one in."

Great car.

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cons: "I wish it would have had a navigation system"

"I have owned this since new and in the 8 years there have been very few problems with it.I would say that by changing oil every 5000 miles has been a positive thing to it.I also had tires rotated every 6000 miles Extremely comfortable and handles well. I can take hands off wheel and it still stays straight for a great distance."